What is Going On?

Trou-u-u-uble Trouble Maker

I decided to text N first and see if he was still at the dorm, or else I would see if he was busy and meet up with him somewhere. After the text was sent, I reached over and grabbed the note that Leo had left me.

Let me know how you’re feeling in the morning. I was a bit rough. I’m sorry. Do you hate me now? I really care about you, Kyuri-yah. The last thing I want to do is hurt you.

I sighed and placed the note back on my nightstand. I didn’t know what to do anymore. I was really hoping N would get my text and answer me quickly. I needed to get all of this off my chest.

The sound of my doorbell brought me out of my thoughts and I quickly threw some clothes on before racing over to the door. I looked through the peak hole and saw N and Leo both standing there. I had only asked N if he was at the dorm. Did Leo already tell him about what had happened last night? I wondered.

“I got your text.” N smiled as I opened the door. “Leo was asking me if I had heard from you this morning so we decided to just come down and see you.”

“Well I was kind of hoping you and I could talk.” I told N truthfully, trying my best to not look at Leo with a disappointed expression.

N looked between Leo and me before stepping into my dorm, pulling Leo behind him. “I think the three of us should have a chat.”

I quickly made up some tea while N and Leo made themselves comfortable on the couch. I was trying to calm my nerves but all I could think about was how awkward this conversation was going to be. I was pretty sure Leo doesn’t want N to know what happened or else he would have told him himself. I took a deep breath as I placed the cups of tea on a tray and carried into my living room area.

“So, before I ask you questions, is there anything you two want to willingly tell me?” N asked, smiling gently at Leo on and the couch and me on the floor in front of them.

I glanced over at Leo before I opened my mouth to speak. He didn’t do anything that looked like he was against it so I once again opened up to N about the new developments in mine and Leo’s relationship. I heard Leo let out a frustrated sigh from time to time but I would ignore it and keep going. If N was going to help us keep this under wraps, it was best he knew everything.

The more I began to tell him, the lighter my heart felt. When I had gotten to this morning in my story, I let out a final sigh before smiling. My pulse had slowed down now and I felt all of my nerves rush away. However when I looked over at Leo and then at N and my nerves slowly returned. Leo looked annoyed while N looked as if he was trying to hold himself back. Maybe I hadn’t helped our situation out at all by getting N involved. I may have just made it worse for Leo.

N closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he spoke. “So what do you plan on doing from here, Jung Leo?” He was speaking as if I wasn’t even in the room. “Are you going to keep playing around with her until you get caught by the CEO? She’s at such an important stage in her training. This showcase could either speed up or post pone her debut and you think its okay to distract her with your selfish desires?”

Leo looked off to the side as he crossed his arms over his chest. I wanted to speak in his place but I held back, figuring it was probably best for Leo to tell N about his true feelings. However Leo never spoke. He just sat there not looking at N. N didn’t press him to answer either. He sat and looked at his friend, patiently waiting for him to respond to his questions. After a while of silence though, N sighed and looked back at me.

His eyes shown sympathy and it just made me want to get up and run out of the room. I had been used. I have been used by someone I would never had expected it from. I thought Leo really cared about me, but he was no different from my past boyfriends. I was just there for his convenience and pleasure and nothing else.

“Kyuri-yah, don’t give me those eyes.” N frowned. “I don’t like seeing you like this.” He got up from his seat next to Leo and sat down next to me, pulling me into his arms. “That’s the same look you have when you want to give up at practice.”

“Oppa, things aren’t that way.” I said, trying to convince myself more than anyone else.

N pet my hair as he held me close to his chest, trying to keep me from talking anymore. We both knew I would probably just sound like a fool and embarrass myself further if I said anything more. I could just picture him glaring over at Leo as I started to cry. This wasn’t really happening. Things were looking to be going so well. I was almost ready for the showcase and I was sort of seeing what I thought to be a great guy. Everything was slowly slipping away from me it seemed.

N pulled me away from him a bit and made me look up at him. “Listen, we’re going to have some bonding time.” He glared over at Leo. “ALL OF US.”

“But the showcase…we still need to practice for it.” I protested. I wasn’t really sure what N would have in mind but I was really wishing I could be by myself now, or at least just have Leo leave.

“This will make the showcase performances better. Don’t worry. I won’t let anyone mess up before the showcase.” N comforted me. “Now first things first, I’m going to step into the other room and I want you two to talk. I’m not going to listen in, but if I don’t even hear a faint mumble someone is going to be in serious trouble.” I feel that his words were mostly directed at Leo but we both nodded and watched N walk into the bathroom. “Knock on the door when you’re finished talking.”

I looked over at Leo who was still looking away with is arms crossed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them. I pondered for a while about how to start talking to Leo about all of this. I puffed my cheeks as I thought. It was just a habit I had developed when I was younger. I looked over at Leo again and saw that he was looking at me now.

“Yes?” I asked, seeing if he had thought of anything to say.

“Why’d you have to get him involved?” I couldn’t really tell if he was angry or just annoyed by the tone of his voice. His voice was almost unrecognizable because instead of his soft tone sounding louder than normal, it sounded deeper as well. Maybe he was really angry.

“I always turn to N oppa when things get to be too much for me.” I replied as I fiddled with my fingers. “I was scared and confused this morning so I texted him. And a few weeks ago I talked to him too.”

Leo thought for a second before speaking again. “Only come to me with your problems from now on.”

I looked up at him, surprised that he even said that. “W-what?” I just wanted to hear it again to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

He rolled his eyes and looked towards the bathroom door. “Stop calling N and come to me instead with your problems from now on.”

“That’s what I thought you said.” I mumbled. “But…”

“You said you trusted me.” Leo cut me off. “How does telling N hyung everything show your trust in me? You’re being completely immature.”

His words stung me. Was I not understanding Leo’s words and actions this whole time? Here I was thinking Leo didn’t feel for me like he said he did, but to him it seemed that I wasn’t taking him seriously. A form of grade A miscommunication. Leo and I had two different ways of expressing our feelings and I wasn’t taking that into account. Leo was very straight forward about how he felt and would act accordingly. However I am more of the type to take things slow and never really be upfront about how I feel. I knew if things didn’t change, Leo would leave me and we would grow awkward and distant with one another. He wasn’t one to spend time on something he saw as hopeless.

He got to his feet and went to knock on the bathroom door. “WAIT!” I called out to him. He stopped walking and turned to look at me. “I won’t tell N anything more, but I had more motive to tell him than just to vent.” Leo’s expression turned from hard to confused, so I elaborated. “I was thinking N could help us keep our relationship quiet and help keep us from running into a scandal. The other members will start to wonder eventually, that is to say if they don’t wonder already. I just don’t want any troubles and I figured he would be able to cover for us when we can’t do it ourselves.”

Leo nodded gently before turning back to continue walking to the bathroom door to let N know our conversation was over. I sighed in relief knowing that things would be okay and we were going to be able to work around this. Now I had to worry about whatever N had in mind for bonding time.

The showcase was getting closer and closer and Hongbin, Hyuk and I were working hard to make sure everything about our performance was perfect. Leo and I wouldn’t so much practice after everyone else went home anymore. We’d more or less spend time sitting with one another listening to music or watching something off of one of our phones. We wouldn’t say much. We’d just enjoy each other’s company and rest up after a long, hard day of rehearsing. He was trying to slow things down for me so I would find it easier to place all of my trust into him. I was really grateful for this.

N still hadn’t arranged any bonding time since we had talked in my dorm the one day. I was beginning to think he had forgotten but Leo said he was probably trying to make it a surprise of some sort or trick us into it. And sure enough that’s exactly what N had been planning.

With three days left before the showcase, no one could find N or get a hold of him. On top of that, the dance room was locked and none of us could get inside. Ravi had tried calling the CEO but he didn’t answer and our managers weren’t answering their phones either.

“What is going on? Where is everyone?” Ravi groaned in frustration.

“Should we just go and try and practice in the dorms then?” Hyuk asked.

“Maybe we can just take this as a day off.” Ken said excitedly. Leo hit him on the arm. “What?”

“The showcase is in three days. Now is not the time to slack off.” Leo told him.

“I can’t believe even N hyung is missing. He was freaking out yesterday about how close the showcase was.” Hongbin thought out loud.

“Hey!” We all turned around to see our fellow label mate, Seo In Guk, coming down the stairs.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked after we all had greeted him.

He looked confused for a moment but then made an “oh” face. “Well I was just looking for N, but seeing as my beloved dongsaeng isn’t here, why don’t I accompany you guys?”

“Accompany us where?” Ravi asked.

“Wherever you are headed.” He shrugged.

“We were thinking about just heading back to the dorms. The practice room is locked and no one is answering their phones.” Ken explained to him.

In Guk looked at us kind of shocked. “Don’t you guys have a showcase in three days?”

“Yeah, that’s why we’re just kind of standing here.” Hongbin said.

In Guk tapped his finger on his chin and looked like he was trying to piece things together. We all waited patiently for him to say something, seeing as we really had no reason to hurry. I had noticed that he was rather dressed up for casually coming around to the practice room. But I shrugged it off as he may have had a schedule earlier.

“Well you guys want to have some fun? I’m sure you all have been working really hard for this showcase without much time to relax.” He suggested.

“Are you sure that’s really a good idea?” Leo asked. He really didn’t like the idea of passing up a day of practice.

“You guys don’t want to exhaust yourselves before the showcase. It’ll be fine. Let’s go back to your dorms and you kids dress up in something nice, then we’ll go out.”

The six of us all exchanged glances before shrugging and following In Guk out to his van. He waited downstairs while the five VIXX members and I ran up to our dorms to change. I wasn’t really sure what In Guk oppa meant by something nice but I figured something dressy casual would suffice. I scanned my closet and found a few dresses I had stuffed off to the side, seeing as I really had no reason to wear them when all I did was practice now a days. I placed them on my bed and contemplated over which one to wear.

There were two dresses. The one was rather conservative. It had a slight sleeve and when wearing it, it falls just below the knee and flared out just a bit. It was a light blue and had a simple white bow on the midsection. Just a cute and simple dress. The other dress was more eccentric. It was form fitting and didn’t have sleeves like the other dress did. It was red and had a v neck that was trimmed in a black lace. In the middle of the dress was an elastic belt that was attached to the black lace that hung over the bottom half of the dress and was sown onto the hem of the skirt that stopped just above the knees.

I went to reach for the blue dress however I stopped myself and went to put on the red dress. I figured Leo would like the red dress more anyways. I hummed to myself as I put the dress on and fixed my hair and makeup. My doorbell rang and I grabbed my shoes and purse as I rushed out.

I smiled as I saw the VIXX members all dress in vests and button up shirts. They looked handsome. In Guk had come up from the van and was standing with the guys, whose jaws were all on the floor. Leo’s eyes grew wide and he took off his jacket that he was wearing and placed it over my shoulders.

“Oppa, what are you doing? It’s not cold outside.” I chuckled, shrugging the jacket away.

“Noona, when did you start looking so pretty?” Hyuk asked, earning a punch in the arm from Ravi and Hongbin.

I blushed and pushed my hair behind my ear. “I have another dress I can wear. I can go and change.”

“NO!”

“YES!”

In Guk, Ravi, Hongbin, Ken, and Hyuk all glared at Leo, who had been the one that had said yes. Leo glared right back, moving more in front of me, shielding me from their view. I scoffed and pushed Leo aside and started walking towards the elevator.

“You boys are silly. Now are we going to go have some fun or not?”

“Oh, by the way kids.” In Guk smiled as he waved his phone in the air. “I got a hold of N while you were all getting dressed. We’re going back to the practice room to get him.”

“How did he even get into the practice room?” Ravi grumbled as we all packed into the elevator.

We rushed down the stairs to the practice room and this time found the closed door was unlocked. Hyuk opened the door to a dark practice room.

“N Hyung? N hyung are you here?” He called out into the darkness.

A/N: Hi readers! Thanks for reading. I'm sorry I didn't update as soon as I would have liked. I am working on finishing the next update either tonight or tomorrow. So I really hope to have it up soon. I hope you enjoyed this update. Once again thank you for reading!