Why Don't You Dance?

Trou-u-u-uble Trouble Maker

The lights and shown N by the light switch, dressed in jeans and nice button down shirt as well. He was smiling brightly, seemingly very proud of himself. The practice room had streamers and other decorations all around. There was also a table set up by the couch, full of trays with food and a few liters of soda with cups. It looked like a small high school dance.

“Hyung, what is this?” Hongbin asked.

“It’s our pre-showcase party! I want everyone to relax and have a good time!” He walked over to the computer and pressed play on his iPod.

“So what are we supposed to do?” I asked, turning around to make sure someone heard me over the music.

“Dance, of course!” In Guk beamed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to where N was beginning to dance, making me dance with the two.

I looked over at Leo, who rolled his eyes and made his way over to the food. Ravi and Ken followed behind him while Hongbin and Hyuk stayed by the door and laughed.

N had probably spent all morning doing this himself. I took a better looked of the room as I slowly swayed along with the music. It was all nothing special but you could tell he had put some thought into where each decoration went. The streamers were spaced evenly a part from the next. There were a few banners that were drooped across the walls and mirrors. Some of the ceiling lights had what looked to be thin, colored film sheets so that there were colored spots on the floor and the room wasn’t as brightly lit.

“Oppa, you did so well with this.” I said close to his ear.

“Thank you, my precious trainee.” He smiled. “By the way, this isn’t all I had planned for bonding time. There’s more after we finish our fun here.”

“Where are we having more bonding time?” I asked, afraid of his answer.

N smirked and the fear in me rose. I was really hoping it wouldn’t be anything embarrassing. “We’re having a sleepover at our dorm.”

“A sleep over?”

“Yup, we’re all going to sleep out in the living area of our dorm and play games and tell stories.”

“Oppa, that’s…”

“Just go with it, Kyuri-yah.” In Guk attempted to whisper in my ear, but it still turned out to be somewhat of a yell because of the music. “He’s spent a lot of time on getting all of this approved.”

I sighed and gave N a tight hug. “N oppa, you know you’re the best right?”

I saw him blush a bit and smile brightly. “Yah, my trainee is such a charmer.”

The night went on and things really started to pick up. N had walked over to change the music and ended up turning on some trot music, which caught the attention of almost all of the other VIXX members that were huddled around the food table. Ken, Hyuk, and Hongbin all came bouncing over to where N, In Guk, and I were already dancing. Ravi stood back and laughed before soon joining in as well, leaving Leo by himself on the couch. The group of us continued to dance and act silly for another few songs before I decided it was time for me to rest for a little bit.

I smiled at Leo before I took a seat next to him, after grabbing some soda. He nodded slightly at me, his attention fixed on his friends, who would be highly embarrassed of themselves if a camera were to catch them dancing as foolishly as they were. Just by how ridiculously they were acting though, arms flailing and random noises that were louder than the music, that they were super stressed out of this showcase. I laughed to myself as I took another swig of my drink.

“Why don’t you dance, Woonie oppa?” I nudged Leo’s arm with a smirk.

“No.” He replied bluntly.

“Oppa, have some fun. You know the others will drag you out there at some point.” N had changed the type of music to SNSD. “It’d be better if you go out there on your own than have them try and force you to dance with them.”

Leo sighed and didn’t reply to me. N glanced over at us and I saw a glint of mischief in his eyes. He smiled and waved before heading back over to change the music again. I quickly got to my feet and tossed away my cup, not trusting VIXX’s leader or whatever thought just crossed his mind and rushed off to the bathroom, leaving Leo entirely vulnerable to N’s antics.

I knew if he has something in mind that involved both Leo and me, I wasn’t going to be able to get out of it. But I also trusted N enough to think he wouldn’t force us to do something like dance together in front of the other members, especially if we didn’t want them to find out about our relationship.

I checked my hair and makeup in the mirror, making sure I still looked decent before heading back to the practice room. When I walked back in, N had some Trey Songz and they had managed to pull Leo off of the couch, however he was just standing next to the group not dancing. I chuckled and made my way into the little dance circle they had going on.

“Hyung this is your jam, come on.” Hyuk pulled on Leo’s arm. “Everyone’s dancing but you.”

“Don’t force him, Hyukkie. Let him warm up.” I placed my hand on his arm, causing him to let go of Leo’s.

“You’ve been awfully gentle with hyung lately, noona.” Hyuk commented.

“We’ve gotten to know each other a lot better, because of all the after practice help he’s given me.” I said, trying not to look like a deer in the headlights.

Hyuk’s statement was totally unexpected. Of all people, I wasn’t expecting it from Hyuk first. I was thinking Ken or Ravi would say something before him. That told me that all of the other members had noticed then too. It wasn’t going to be long before all of them started to question us. My face grew hot as the scenario unfolded in my head.

I felt hands on my shoulders and I looked to see N had grabbed onto me. “Dance with me. I’m going to put on a slow song. Our Yoo Kyuri looks so beautiful tonight that I want to say I had a dance with her.”

“Hey, I want to dance with her too!” Ken whined.

“What about me too?” In Guk winked at me as he teased his dongsaengs.

“We’ll take turns, but me first.” N grabbed his iPod and scrolled for a little bit before clicking on a song. Soon K.Will’s Butterfly was playing loudly and N held out his hand to me. “I know how much you like this song so I made sure I had it.”

I took his and hugged him once he pulled me close to him. “Oppa, seriously, why are you so awesome?”

“Because you’re my little Kyuri and I am your favorite oppa.”

His smile could not be wiped off his face. It was like a proud father dancing with his daughter. I rested my head on his shoulder as we swayed to the song. After a while though, Ken tapped on N’s shoulder and asked to cut in. N went to protest but I pulled away and went to Ken, thanking N for the dance. He pouted but let me dance with Ken for the remainder of the song.

“Kyuri-yah, can I ask you something?” Ken seemed kind of skeptic about what he was about to say, but I nodded, encouraging him to keep speaking. “What’s up with you and Leo hyung? You two sure do listen to each other really well. Are you becoming close friends?”

Just as I had feared, the questioning was beginning. Hyuk’s comment had given Ken courage to ask about my relationship with Leo, and I’m sure the other members too. I tried my best to remain calm and not say any more than I had to or else I would end up telling Ken everything. Sadly Ken oppa isn’t the best with secrets and the other members would know of whatever I was to tell him before we’d get back to the dorm tonight, if I said anything.

“Yeah we are. Leo oppa doesn’t say a lot but I’d say we’re close friends now.” I told him with a smile and a quick nod.

“Ah.” Ken nodded as well. “That’s good. Hyung could always use more friends that he feels comfortable around.”

The song ended and I gave Ken a big hug and thanked him for dancing with me. He gave me a dorky smile and walked over to N’s iPod to play some more upbeat music. I happened to see N and Leo had sat down on the couch and were talking about something. It didn’t look serious so I started to dance with the others. The lights flickered catching all of our attention and the music was turned off. The CEO had come downstairs and smiled at all of us.

“Do you kids know how late it is? It’s past your bed times.” He chuckled. “Did you all have fun?”

“Yes sir.” We all replied.

He beamed at us. “You all go back to the dorms and rest. And VIXX members, don’t make me regret giving you permission to have Kyuri-yah over for the night.” He walked over to me and held my hand in his. “If you feel uncomfortable at any time, just go back to your own dorm. Hakyeonnie is just trying to bring you all closer together before the showcase, but don’t feel obligated to stay, got it?”

“Yes, CEO-nim.”

“Goodnight then, kids.” He waved to us as he walked towards the door. “And Hakyeon, remember you’re cleaning all of this up tomorrow?”

N made a disgruntled face. “Yes sir.” He groaned.

In Guk and I looked at each other, obviously thinking the same thing, before we walked over to the food table and began to pack things up.

“You guys don’t have to do that.” N protested. “I’ll take care of it in the morning.”

“N, please. Let us help you. It’ll be easiest if we all just take all of this down now.” In Guk told him.

Without hesitation, the other VIXX members began to take down decorations as N pouted. He then walked over to the speakers and proceeded to turn them all off. Within no time, everything was cleaned up and put away.

“Let’s go to bed now.” Ravi yawned. “I could fall asleep right here.”

“But we’re supposed to have story time and play games when we get back.” Things just weren’t turning out how N had planned anymore.

“Oppa, we can do all that another time. It’s almost three am. I don’t blame Ravi for wanting to sleep.” I said.

“Okay, okay.”

We all piled into VIXX’s van, saying goodnight to In Guk, who got into his own van. For as short of a ride as it is from Jellyfish Entertainment to the dorms, some of the guys were still dozing off in the car. I even noticed N’s head nodding off to the side in the front seat. I chuckled and tried my best to stay awake. N had told me he had one of the coordis get some of my clothes from my dorm so I could just head up to VIXX’s dorm with them.

The idea of staying at the boys’ dorm for the night did make me uncomfortable, however most of them felt like brothers to me, except for Leo obviously. If I slept away from Leo then everything would be okay and the night would run smoothly. But the thought still made me anxious. Ken and Hyuk had already asked me about my relationship with Leo. Would Ravi and Hongbin ask me about it as well?

I was surprised the members of VIXX had made it to the elevator, let alone inside their dorm. They were really dragging their feet after getting a chance to sit down in the car. It was well past two am, but we’d usually be out until later practicing.

“Hyukkie, get Kyuri-yah a mat and some blankets. If anyone wants to sleep out here with her go ahead.” N said as he rubbed his eyes. “You’re bag of clothes is on the couch, Kyuri.”

I smiled. “Thank you Hakyeon oppa.”

I took the mat and blankets from Hyuk and set them up myself, allowing him to prepare himself for bed first. It didn’t take long for any of them to change, head off to bed and fall asleep. Only N and Hyuk had moved their mats out into the living room area to be with me, thankfully. Ken and Hongbin hadn’t even washed up. They had changed their clothes and fallen right onto their bed into a deep sleep. Ravi had used the bathroom but soon headed to his own bedroom. Hyuk muttered a goodnight before drifting off to sleep on his mat that was positioned on one side of mine, N’s on the opposite side. N tried to talk a bit before he would succumb to his exhaustion and ended up falling asleep midsentence while telling me how he was going to prepare a big breakfast in the morning for me.

I chuckled at the sleeping forms of N and Hyuk and walked into the open bathroom and I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I closed the door and attempted to my dress. I had struggled zipping it up and I knew I’d have a similar struggle when it came time taking the dress off. It’s not that the dress didn’t fit, but my arms weren’t long enough to move the zipper with ease. After what felt like forever with unsuccessful tries to get my dress off, I decided to ask for a little help because I heard someone still walking around. I peeked out the door. I heard some commotion in the kitchen so I quietly made my way over there to see who it was.

Leo was washing a few dishes that he must have dirtied just now. I looked around to double check and make sure none of the other members were around. It was embarrassing enough to be asking Leo to help me my dress but I didn’t need everyone to know.

Leo had noticed my presence and looked up at me with a confused expression. “You’re still dressed?” he asked.

I bit my lip and looked down at my feet. “Taekwoon oppa, I need help.”

“With your zipper?” He clarified.

I nodded without looking up at him. “I can’t reach it and I’ve been trying for a while now. I’m sorry to be asking, but I don’t want to wreck my dress.”

Without a word, Leo walked over behind me and gently tugged the zipper all the way down. I tried my best to keep my breathing and heart beat at a regular pace but I failed. Leo turned me around once he had undone my dress and kissed my forehead.

“Go off to bed now.”

I blushed and thanked him before running into the living room. Leo just kissed my forehead. I couldn’t believe it. Why did he do that? He wasn’t normally that affectionate when the other members were present or anywhere nearby. I took deep breaths to try and calm myself down, but it took a while before I could mellow myself out and fall asleep. Well okay, maybe a while is an understatement. Let’s try like a few hours because I remember seeing some light start to come into the room due to the sun rising. So I didn’t sleep that much.

 

A/N: Hey readers! I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for reading. Please antcipate the next chapter!!