The Twin Relationship

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aim well, Yoona… You can do it.” the elder one who stood by said. 


Upon her friend’s encouragement, Yoona unleashed her arrow which flew straight into the werewolf’s eye and dug deep into his brain. Yoona’s face lit up in triumph as she turned to give the elder girl beside her a bear hug. 

“I did it, Yuri-unnie! I did it!” Yoona exclaimed as she and Yuri did their signature victory dance. 

---

The Jung twins had finally reached the castle and as soon as Taeyeon and Sooyeon had alighted from their horses, they both inquired the soldiers as to who had saved them from the werewolf. 

“It was General Im’s daughter, Princess Sooyeon…She and General Kwon’s daughter had seen you from one of the high towers…” said one of the soldiers. 

“Then Sir, may we know their whereabouts now?” Taeyeon asked. 

“I saw them head towards the practice arena, Lady Taeyeon…” another soldier said. 

“Thank you…” the adopted Kim replied as she and Sooyeon headed towards the training grounds reserved for the vampire royals.

---

At the training grounds reserved for the royal families, Yoona and Yuri have been honing each other’s skills with their swords. Yuri, the elder of the two, had been mentoring Yoona who was a year younger. They had been swinging their blades against each other when a familiar voice caught their attention. 

“Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri…” Sooyeon called as she entered the huge tent where the two were sparring. 

The two girls stopped their skirmish and proceeded to sheath their swords as the twins came towards them. “What is it, Sooyeon?” Yuri asked, her crimson eyes riddled with worry. 

“We just came over to thank you for saving us and we’re especially thankful to Yoona…” Sooyeon smiled as she thanked the daughters of the two prominent generals. Yoona’s face turned red upon Sooyeon’s words of gratitude to which both Taeyeon and Yuri had noticed. 

“You’re welcome, unnies. I have to hand it to Yuri-unnie for being my mentor…” Yoona shyly replied as she tried to hide her blushing face. Yuri smiled at her apprentice before catching her into a headlock. 

“You’ve been doing well, Yoong…I’m proud of you. Your unnies are proud too, right?” Yuri said as she ruffled the younger girl’s hair before turning to the Jungs. Taeyeon and Sooyeon chuckled at the sight. Surely, if they had not known Yuri and Yoona, they could have mistaken them for sisters. 

“Now, we’ll leave you two to yourselves…Sooyeon and I might have been disturbing you…” Taeyeon said as she began leading Sooyeon away by the hand. “Bye and thanks again!” Sooyeon waved as they both left. 

Yuri released Yoona from her grip and after earning a slap on the shoulder from Yoona, they both waved goodbye in return. 

“Unnie! Why do you have to embarrass me in front of Taeyeon-unnie and Sooyeon-unnie?” Yoona whined as she gave another slap on Yuri’s shoulder. 

Yuri chuckled at her apprentice’s cuteness. “You’re such a small child… I know very well you had a crush on one of those two…but I can’t pinpoint exactly who…” 

A tint of pink appeared across Yoona’s face. She stared at the ground to hide her reddened face. Yuri noticed her reaction which caused the former to laugh. “Awww…you’re so cute, Yoona!” the ten-year old Kwon teased. 

“Yah! Unnie, stop it…you’re embarrassing me! Besides, I neither had a crush on either of them…” Yoona retorted. A look of confusion appeared on Yuri’s face upon the younger girl’s statement. 

“Then, why were you blushing a while ago???” Yuri questioned the younger girl. 

The younger girl didn’t respond. She quietly ran out of the tent away from Yuri leaving the latter to her confused thoughts. 

---

“Taengoo, why do we have to leave them so soon?” Sooyeon asked as she followed the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter