The 9th Day PART 2

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Soonkyu, and Miyoung stood still as they took in the view of the lively human village. They have been pondering whether to pass through it or not. They know the consequences if they dared enter the mortal’s village and chances of meeting a vampire hunter are high in places where humans thrive. 

Soonkyu, who had now relieved Tiffany of her weight, was now standing beside her fellow archer. “So, what is our decision?” Soonkyu asked as she turned to study her cousins’ reactions.

“I think we’ll just have to pass through the village…” Hyoyeon mused. Sooyoung curiously looked at her partner. ‘Hyo, are you crazy? What if we get caught by the humans?’ Sooyoung thought as she gave her cousin a confused look. . 

Hyoyeon stared back at her dongsaeng partner. “What? It’s not like we have any other choice…there are werewolves after us…” Hyoyeon rebutted her younger cousin’s questioning look. 

Miyoung looked worried when she heard Hyoyeon’s resolve. She didn’t want to get into more trouble. Someone’s hand intertwined itself into hers and Miyoung turned to look at the person holding her hand. “Don’t worry, I’ll watch your back.” The person whispered in Miyoung’s ear.

With Soonkyu’s sweet words of reassurance, Miyoung’s worries left her. The four vampires set out towards the human village. A strong wind coming from the village’s direction blew through the clearing as they made their way through the snow covered trail. Sooyoung smelled something strong from the wind that passed through them. It was a scent that was all too familiar to all of them. 

“Sooyeon!” they all called out in unison. The mentioned name’s blood was too strong to miss out. The Jung princess could either be in the village or just past it since her scent was too strong. A feeling of panic swept the couples as they began walking with great speed through the village. 

To a human’s eyes, the passing vampires were simply a windy blur. The four vampires passed through the village in a fraction of a minute. They suddenly slowed down upon reaching the field where the village ended. There was no sign of the twins there. The four vampires looked at each other before setting their sights towards the dark woods up ahead. 

As the wind finally picked up again, the four vampires could clearly smell the scent of the Ice Princess. A look of worry appeared on Miyoung’s face. A feeling of uneasiness crept up to her spine as she exhaled a misty breath. The vampires were unsure of what they will be facing and they were hoping that Sooyeon and Taeyeon will be all right. 

Soonkyu took a step forward before turning to her cousins. “So, what are we doing here? Aren’t we going to help those two?” Soonkyu asked her younger cousins before moving on without waiting for them to respond. 

They were all about to sprint towards the woods with Soonkyu leading the way when suddenly blue flames erupted from the depths of the woods sending a person flying towards them. The vampires could clearly sense that it was a hunter that had been hurled at them because of the stench in its blood. To them, it was bad blood. The hunter landed near Soonkyu’s feet with serious burns in its body. 

Sooyoung could sense that its heart had stopped beating while Hyoyeon noticed the ceasing of the hunter’s breathing. He was dead apparently killed by a vampire with a fire affinity. But the four vampires couldn’t believe their eyes for they have only seen orange flames being cast. Their grandfathers used to tell them that blue flames were only cast by masters of the fire element and not one vampire in the kingdom has wielded the rare element ever since Jung the Elder, their great ancestor, was born into the world.

Well, it was not until Taeyeon was born that the whole vampire kingdom became amazed and fearful of the young Kim who inherited the unique affinity. The eldest Jung’s scent now wafted into the four vampires’ noses. They now know who the twins were dealing with and despite being wary and avoidant of facing a few vampire hunters; they resolved to help their cousins. 

---

Sooyeon was now slumped on the ground. She was feeling helpless as her body felt numb. The pain that one of the vampire hunters dealt her when they made a surprise attack was too unbearable. She was unlucky to get hit by a hunter’s weapon in her abdomen. It was a specialized weapon that sent shockwaves through her body before flinging her away. The younger Jung then crashed into a tree before she found herself in her current position. 

Taeyeon was now standing before her, protecting her from gaining anymore injuries. The eldest Jung managed to send a hunter on his way to the underworld but not after suffering from a few scratches and bruises herself. She was now left with eight more closing in on her. Taeyeon’s crimson eyes glowed their ominous as she stood expressionless. 

“What do you want from us?” Taeyeon questioned her face demanding seriousness. There was no hint of the soft-spoken twin in her voice. One of the vampire hunters smiled and replied, “We want you dead…That’s all…”

With the hunter’s words, the rest of the mortal slayers moved to attack the ten year old vampire. They were only a few good inches to striking Taeyeon when blue flames simply erupted from her engulfing everything in all directions save for her twin who remained untouched. All that was left now was a circle of ashes from where Taeyeon and Sooyeon were situated. Sooyeon watched in both awe and fear as the flames left no trace of the eight vampire hunters that were about to land a blow on her twin. 

Taeyeon turned her attention to her younger twin. Her killer crimson eyes faded as she was welcomed by Sooyeon’s soft crimson orbs. “Tae…Taengoo…” Sooyeon muttered before she out. The eldest Jung took her unconscious sister in her arms before running in great speed leaving a blazing trail behind. 

“Sooyeon…hold on…We’re near the castle…” Taeyeon managed to say as she increased her speed. The older twin drew her sister’s body closer to her as she continued running towards the castle. 

---

Meanwhile, the four vampires had just arrived at the scene of the incident. All that they found were ashes scattered in a circle. Every dying flame has Taeyeon written all over it as the girls had known. 

“Whoa…Taeyeon must’ve gone berserk…” Hyoyeon managed to break the silence as they stopped to explore the damage caused by their eldest cousin. 

“Hey…I can sense Taeyeon and Sooyeon’s scents fading in the distance…could it be that they’re now heading towards the castle?” Sooyoung said as she turned to her cousins. 

“Then we should head out too…I can’t wait to go back home and have a nice hot bath…” Soonkyu replied as she began moving forward following the trail of dying flames. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon followed suit leaving Miyoung behind to ponder about her other cousins, Yuri and Yoona. 

Soonkyu noticed that her partner just stood there unmoved. She went back to Miyoung’s side while she urged Sooyoung and Hyoyeon to go ahead. “Don’t stay too long…” Hyoyeon said before she and Sooyoung turned to follow Taeyeon’s trail. Soonkyu nodded in response at the young Kim and Choi before turning her attention to her wondering cousin. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter