Confrontations and Surprises

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*****

The next evening, Taeyeon felt herself lying in a soft bed with a comfortable pillow beneath her head and a thick blanket over her body. Then, she felt something warm embracing her petite body. The eldest Jung slowly opened her eyes to take note of the one hugging her. Taeyeon was relieved to see a sleeping replica of her face with slight alterations to her features. The person sleeping beside her had soft silky chestnut brown hair while Taeyeon herself had a darker shade of brown. It had seemed that an angel had been sleeping beside her and filling her with the warmth of love. Taeyeon marveled at her twin’s sleeping beauty. She was relieved to see Sooyeon now sleeping peacefully by her side and using her as a body pillow.

Her younger twin’s sleeping face was a sight that only Taeyeon had the chance to marvel every time she wakes up. The eldest twin slowly brushed a few hair strands that had covered Sooyeon’s face while she slept. The pain that had racked her body from the previous days had now left her. Taeyeon felt like she had been reborn as she laid there in Sooyeon’s bed caressing her twin close to her body. 

Sooyeon stirred a little before wrapping her arms around her twin’s waist while she snuggled closer Taeyeon’s face. Her eyes were still closed, but it seemed that Sooyeon knows where her twin laid as her lips landed softly on Taeyeon’s forehead which made the elder twin blush unwillingly. The eldest Jung cupped her sleeping twin’s face before she planted a soft kiss on the younger girl’s forehead in return. 

“Taengoo…” Sooyeon muttered in her sleep much to Taeyeon’s surprise. It had delighted the elder twin to know that Sooyeon had been dreaming of her. Taeyeon pulled her twin closer to her as if she was afraid that Sooyeon might disappear if she would let go. A small tear escaped the elder Jung’s eyes as she slowly closed them succumbing to sleep again. 

‘I will never let anything happen to you again, Sooyeon…’ Taeyeon thought as she silently wept herself to sleep while she was still holding Sooyeon in her embrace. 

The younger twin felt her twin sister’s body trembling as soft sobs that Taeyeon had tried to hide from her averted her attention from sleep. Sooyeon opened her eyes to behold her sister’s face but a look of sadness began to sweep over her when she noticed Taeyeon’s tears. Instinctively, Sooyeon cupped Taeyeon’s face with her hands while she brushed her twin’s tears away with her thumb. 

“Taeyeon…please don’t cry…” Sooyeon cooed as she placed a kiss on the older girl’s forehead. 

The eldest Jung opened her eyes to meet a certain someone’s soft crimson orbs staring at her with worry written all over her face. Taeyeon soon realized that she had been crying in her sleep when she felt Sooyeon’s soft fingers wiping her tears. A sad smile formed in Taeyeon’s lips as she and Sooyeon stared at each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. 

“Sooyeon…” Taeyeon muttered as she held Sooyeon’s hands on her face. The moment she was about to say something to her twin, Taeyeon was surprised to feel soft lips on her cheek which caused her to blush unconsciously. 

A smile formed on Taeyeon’s face when Sooyeon finally pulled away. “That’s it, Taengoo…smile for me.” Sooyeon said as she gave her twin a loving smile. 

---

Yuri’s body was aching all over but the soft warm body hugging her gave relief. ‘Wait…I’m not alone?!’ Yuri thought with her eyes still closed. Her sudden realization made her bolt up in bed making the person next to her stir in her sleep. 

“Unnie…please stop moving…” Yoona muttered in her sleep. Yuri stared at her dongsaeng who was comfortably sleeping beside her before saying an almost inaudible apology. Despite being startled at the fact that she and Yoona were sharing the bed, Yuri was relieved to see her dongsaeng sleeping well. A smile slowly made its way on Yuri’s face as she admired her sleeping cousin. 

A soft knock was heard from the door which caused Yuri to turn her attention towards the head peeking inside the room. It was her eldest cousin who had come to visit her. Taeyeon came in to see how her cousins were doing. She was still dressed up in her nightgown that seemed to have fit well despite the fact that it was owned by the Ice Princess. 

“Taeyeon…” Yuri muttered as the short figure entered her room with a tray of breakfast in her hands. A smile crept into Taeyeon’s face as she approached Yuri’s bed. “Good evening, Yuri. I brought you girls some breakfast.” Taeyeon said as she brought the tray she had prepared to Yuri.

The eldest of the Jung twins gingerly placed the tray onto Yuri’s lap before sitting down on the bed beside her same-aged cousin. “Thanks, Tae. I really appreciate you hard work even though I know you have just recovered.” Yuri said with a soft smile plastered on her face as her eyes met Taeyeon’s sweet gaze. 

The young Kwon never forgot her sleeping dongsaeng who was by her side. She lightly patted her younger cousin’s shoulder to wake her up and have her share of breakfast with her. “Yoona…wake up, Taeyeon brought us breakfast.” Yuri said as she continued patting her dongsaeng while Taeyeon watched on in amusement. 

The maknae slowly sat up and began rubbing her sleepy eyes before muttering, “Oh…Thank you, Taeyeon-unnie…”

Then, Yoona let out a loud yawn as she stretched her limbs which caused Taeyeon and Yuri to chuckle at their cute dongsaeng. The eldest in the room slowly stood up gaining Yuri and Yoona’s attention. A dorky grin was plastered on Taeyeon’s baby face. 

“Enjoy your special breakfast in bed. I’m taking my leave now and rest well. I’ll send some servants over to take your breakfast tray so that you don’t have to bring them out of the room.” Taeyeon said before waving goodbye and disappearing out the door without waiting for her younger cousins’ replies. The twin-like cousins stared at the now closed door in silence. Somehow, it had amused them to see that their eldest cousin for them a lot. 

“Yoona, let’s eat.” Yuri smiled as she revealed the tray’s contents. It had an assortment of food that both Yuri and Yoona had loved. The young Kwon and her younger cousin happily ate their share of food prepared by Taeyeon. 

---

In the meantime, Soonkyu and Miyoung were peacefully sleeping in their bed in Miyoung’s room. They were both comfortably cuddling each other when the door to their room opened without a sound. The intruder managed to close the door without any noise before creeping towards the two sleeping vampires. 

Miyoung, who was sleeping on the side of the bed nearest the door, stirred a little in her sleep which caused the intruder to pause for a while before placing a tray of breakfast on the bedside table. After the intruder had rid herself of the burden of the breakfast tray, she hopped into the bed in between the sleeping vampires startling both heavy sleepers. 

Aegyo-filled screams engulfed the room as Miyoung and Soonkyu woke up. When the two had realized who it was that had invaded their comfort zone, they found their intruder laughing so hard. “Yah! Sooyeon! Why do you have to do that?!” Soonkyu barked as she glared at her older cousin who was still rolling in bed in laughter. 

“Jung Sooyeon, you shouldn’t do that ever again! Why, we don’t even bother you when you sleep…” Miyoung lectured as she too gave her share of glares at the laughing vampire. 

“Oh, come on girls…I couldn’t help it. You two were so cute sleeping together…” Sooyeon said as she managed to wipe her tears that had resulted from her excessive laughter. Miyoung and Soonkyu looked at each other before lunging onto their troublesome cousin and pinning her down. 

“Yah! What are you doing?” Sooyeon demanded as she tried to get her hands free from her cousins’ clutches. “We’re getting back at you…that’s what…” Miyoung said as she and Soonkyu began tickling their Jung cousin. 

Now, Sooyeon’s hearty laughs filled the room. There were some dolphin screams that escaped before she got out of her cousins’ hold. “All right…All right…I won’t do it again…hehe…” Sooyeon managed to say as she tried to back off at the edge of the bed trying to escape from her two cousins. 

“I brought you girls some breakfast made by Taengoo…You should be happy that I woke up early just to deliver your share of the food…” Sooyeon gave out her innocent smile. 

“Whoa…Are you sick, Jung Sooyeon? If I wasn’t so startled by your prank, I would have asked you why you were up so early in the evening…” Soonkyu said as she placed her hand on Sooyeon’s forehead. A soft chuckle left Miyoung’s lips as she stared at the now pouting Sooyeon. 

“Yah! I did this because I wanted to see how you’re both doing…I missed you these past few days…” Sooyeon rebutted as she revealed her famous pout. “Aww…you’re too cute when you’re being teased…” Miyoung pinched her cousin’s cheek as she gave out her eye smile. 

The Jung’s second eldest daughter gave her cousins a cheeky grin before taking the tray full of food and handing it over to her two cousins. “Taengoo, made them herself…” Sooyeon beamed as she watched her two cousins eat. 

“Hmmm…TaeTae sure is a great cook…and thank you for taking the trouble to bring us breakfast, Sooyeon…please extend our thanks to little TaeTae.” Miyoung said as she took a bite of her share of breakfast. 

“Thank you both for this delicious meal. I’m so glad to have cousins like you.” Soonkyu beamed as she patted Sooyeon’s head. Sooyeon smiled cheekily in response. 

The three vampires immersed themselves in idle talk as Miyoung and Soonkyu ate their breakfast. 

---

Taeyeon slowly crept into her adopted sister’s room. She found two bumps in the bed being covered by a thick blanket. The eldest Jung took note that the person sharing the bed with her adopted sister would be the Shikshin who was infamous for smelling food for over a mile away. 

Holding the tray of food with caution, Taeyeon slowly headed towards the bedside table near Sooyoung’s sleeping figure when the Shikshin suddenly bolted up in bed much to Taeyeon’s surprise. She almost dropped the tray as she cautiously backed away from her younger cousin. 

With eyes still closed, Sooyoung felt herself succumb to the scent of hot food. “Hmmm…I smell Taeyeon’s cooked meals…” Sooyoung mused as she sniffed the air in delight. Hyoyeon, who was sleeping beside her, nudged the Shikshin and scolded her. “Choi Sooyoung, you’re probably dreaming again…and don’t think that my sister’s going to have the heart to cook you meals…” 

Sooyoung opened her eyes to look at her sleeping cousin without realizing that their eldest cousin was in the room. “Yah! I really did smell the food and Taeyeon’s good cooking is unmistakable!” Sooyoung rebutted as she gave her older cousin a morning slap on the . 

Hyoyeon sat up annoyed by her younger cousin’s argument when she saw Taeyeon quietly standing near the bedside table holding a tray filled with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter