The First Two Encounters

Seoul Save Me

 

"A-are you serious?" I stuttered.Maybe I was just too desperate that i was hearing things

"Yes, I'm going to recommend you for a private audition with the producers."he smiled "I can see that you have a very unique look with your hair and all, and I think judging from your face that you have potential."

I was too surprised and happy to ask ask what exactly was "unique" with my hair. As much as I know it's pretty normal for a girl to have shoulder-length hair. I was also shocked that he liked my “look”, but even those girls in, what was it? KNKD? ..ugh can’t remember, would look haggard in my little ensemble.  I had on jeans that were too loose on me and a sweatshirt that made my torso look like a box, a beanie to hide my mess of a hair, black rimmed glasses and black sneakers.  What? Traveling comfortably comes first.

The fat guy went in circles around me and scrutinized me from top to bottom. Then he went to my back. This is getting weird. Then he suddenly squeezed my behind. “Gaaah!” I squeaked. I gave him a vicious glare and was ready to knock him out senseless. I knew it, I knew that it wasn’t this easy, the guy’s just a random ert after all.

“It also seems that you have a passable physique, young man.” He nodded in surprise.

Passa-,.PASSABLE?? what a rude thing to say to a la-,

Wait.
YOUNG MAN?? He thought that I was a guy? U-huh now I’m really mad. Wait, wait, maybe this is a good thing, isn’t feminine looking men “in” right now? Maybe if I’ll go with the flow and pretend to be a man, my rise to stardom would be easier? I mean, I admit I’m not the cutest girl, but maybe if I become a man I might be “passable” enough

Oh yeah, I’m so smart. >:D

“Y-you really think so?” I said, trying to make my voice deeper.

“I really do. If you can sing or dance, I think you’ll have a high chance of being picked to become one of the trainees.”

“trainees?” what? You have to got through training ? can’t they just pick who’s going to be in what on the spot? Darn industry, making things complicated.

“You don’t know?” I nodded

Yeah I don’t know, that’s why I asked stupid.

“they’re standby “to-be stars” that go through training for a few years in hopes to be picked into one of the groups who will debut.”

Ahh..ok what? Years? I barely have  12 months left. Maybe it would’ve been better if I said “cop” instead of “k-pop” to my parent’s instead. I’m starting to lose confidence, and that’s saying something.

“Here’s my number and the address to the audition building” he grabbed a card from his jacket and gave it to me “be there at  3:00 on Tuesday. Just tell the receptionist that Mr. Kim asked for you and give her the card.”

“O-okay.” I said glumly.

The fat guy returned to his seat.

I know that I should be happy because this is as lucky as a person can get. I mean everything is almost being handed to me in a silver platter, exept for the traning part. I mean, all I have to do is dance or sing.

….

Which I now realize I can’t do..

Shin Jae Dae, why didn’t you think things through?

The plane landed a few minutes later. I went to the baggage conveyor to get well, my baggage. Look at me taking on Seoul with only 3 suitcases 3 handbags and a 1m by 1m box. Heheh guess that’s a lot, maybe it would’ve been more dramatic if I only brought 1.

I got out of the airport, strategically holding my stuff to assure that I could at least get a taxi while holding them. I raised my hand to call a taxi. When I was thrown back, bottom first into the concrete with huge force.  I grabbed my behind to ensure it was still there. I looked up to give the person a glare. My eyes widened a bit. He was different from what I was expecting, he wore a black jacket over a blue t-shirt and white pants. I guess you could call him handsome but I really couldn’t tell because he wore huge sunglasses that covered half of his face. Hm, looks snotty

I was waiting for him to give me a hand up, but instead he looked over at my dishelved luggage that fell on the ground. He grabbed a small leather notebook from his jacket and wrote something in it. He tore the page where he was writing and threw it down on my lap and left snobbishly.

What the heck??  He didn’t even help me up. I looked down on he piece of paper. What is this an “I’m sorry note”? when my eyes met the writings on the paper they bulged so hard I thought they were going to fall from the socket. It was a check. It was more than enough to get me 15 suitcases. I looked at the signature: Choi Kyuhyun. Sounds familiar for some reason.

I plopped myself on the bed In my cheaply rented apartment, it was small and ugly, but had everything I needed. I finally finished unpacking. Who knew I brought so much stuff?

I grabbed the wrinkled piece of cardboard from my pocket. CMG management huh? Oh, the main building’s on a walking distance. “The rising company that unites all entertainments.” It read. I don’t get it. Below the address was the possible name of the fat man( Kim Han Seok ) and his cell number.

Its finally Tuesday and I forgot to buy clothes for the audition. I can’t just wear the same sweat shirt and pants, Mr. Kim’s gonna think I’m unhygienic.  I went outside my apartment in the most boyish outfit I could pull out of my clothes, to lessen my risk of getting discovered. Since I had no sweatshirts left I had to bind my s to pull of being a man.

I went in to one of the shops that didn’t look as expensive as the other ones. I came in and saw the prices, yep they were STILL expensive. It’s okay thanks to the check I got from that kyuhyun guy. I know that if I valued my pride I wouldn’t have cashed in the check, but hey, a pretend-guy has to do what a pretend-guy has to do. I grabbed the first jeans I saw and the first collared shirt I got my hands on. I had no idea what I was doing, I was even bad at dressing as a girl, so how the heck am I going to pick out “cool” clothes?

I headed towards the changing room when a voice stopped me. “Um, excuse me, I think those don’t suit you.” A kind voice behind me said. I awkwardly turned around and saw a brown-haired man with feline eyes and a beautiful face, he just looked a bit older than me.   “P-pretty” I mumbled to myself.

“w-what?” he asked in surprise.

Oh yeah I forgot, I’m a guy now I can’t just tell guys they’re pretty or they’re gonna think of me as gay, though I never said that as a girl either.

“n-nothing” I stuttered, “i mean, what I meant was, I wanted to pick-out pretty clothes, but as you can see I’m having trouble.” I said with a deep voice and a forced smile.

“want me to help you?”

I was shocked by his offer and was prepared to refuse but then I saw what he was wearing, looked like a total diva with his fashionable checkered shirt and white trousers, he even had this hat on that actually made him look…--

I heard a slight chuckle “Silence means yes?” he smirked. I subconsciously nodded. 

He went over to the racks and picked out some clothes

---Key’s point of view—

I can’t believe I just offered a random guy to let me pick out his clothes. But for some reason I had the urge to. And it’s not just because what he picked out was totally hideous. Also, I was surprised that he didn’t even ask me who I was, or if I knew SHINee, which made me wonder where the heck he was from(boastfulness not intended).  As I grabbed some clothes off the rack, I saw him for some reason fiddling as if he didn’t know what to do. When I saw him awkwardly come into the store, he had this really “clueless” look to him. I thought it was kind of…cute?

My brain went blank for a moment

Oh god Kim Kibum! What are you thinking? I gulped and turned around and handed him the clothes looking at him in the eye to convince myself that that feeling was just a figment of my imagination. When he realized I was staring at him, his eyes widened a bit and averted them away from my gaze.

I went too far staring, what of he’ll think I’m gay?

“I don’t know what you mean by “pretty” but I think I picked out things that would probably look pretty on you” I tried to say as confidently as possible

He took the clothes and swiftly closed the doors behind him.

How can a guy take so long?

After how many minutes the doors opened.

The light  blue sweater I picked out was perfect for him, it fit him loosely. Wow he’ skinny, even skinnier than Taemin, the black jeans and matching sneakers did too. He took of his beanie and revealed his long shoulder-length hair. No that I look at it, he looks so much like a girl? He had pale skin and red lips and cheeks.

“wh-what are you doing?”

I was at a loss of words, my hands moved by themselves. By the time I came back from my senses my hands were only inches away from touching his cheeks. I blushed. What am I doing?

“I-I’m sorry I gotta go, I forgot I had to go somewhere” I smiled nervously. Then I got out of the store as fast as I could

-----

Jae Dae’s POV

o.0

Weird guy. i covered my cheeks to feel them get a bit hot. what just happened?

I stood in front of a huge building, totally different from the ones back at home. When I went inside I was taken aback by the scenery, People were dressed to the tens. Black suits and trendy dresses were the only things that I saw. I straightened my sweater and aggravatingly tight pants, gosh, do men really wear these? The ground floor was spacious and modern, I couldn’t help but feel like a fish out of water, which I was, I looked at the girls which were probably already stars in the making. They had long legs ang big eyes. Good thing I was taken for as a man, otherwise I wouldn’t stand a chance. My confidence grew lower.

I went towards the receptionist and did what Mr. Kim had instructed. She asked a man in her 30’s to lead me to Mr. Kim’s office. We went up to God knows how many floors.

“here’s his office” The man said while taking his leave

I grabbed the stainless steel handles.

“here goes nothing.”