The baby face and the mall

In Three months Time

My morning would have been great, you know with the birds singing, the sun waking me up, and the nice aroma of food floating in the air but no, this morning I woke up to a puddle of blood, a few annoying birds squawking outside of my window, and the only good thing that came out of me waking up was the early sun.

I don’t know why but I’ve always loved mornings, as a young girl I would always be the first one up and I would admire the big bright sun. I remember always being interested in the relationship between the sun and the moon how they were able to take turns without problems; it was almost like the relationship between brother and sister.

Now back to the main reason, like I said I woke up in a puddle of blood, which is code for, I started my period. Why am I panicking you ask? Maybe because I have no pads and my period is two weeks earlier than it should be.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I am now on good terms with Jin. After that night she opened up to me, well the ‘sleeping’ me we began talking more and even going a few places together. I can finally say that I’ve got a potential friend here aside from uncle and auntie. Now I only had to warm up to Jae then I could sleep in peace. That’s going to take some real effort. Jaemin fighting! 

Finally mustering up enough courage I scurried out of my room and into Jin’s. She was on her bed reading her new magazine. She lifted her head up upon hearing the door open and close. She raised an eyebrow and laid her magazine flat in front of her.

“What is it?”

I dropped to my knees, earning a very confused look from her. I took in a large amount of air before letting it all out through my nose. I then looked straight into her eyes and said “I need a pad”

You’d think she was crazy by how much she was laughing. Almost immediately after I said I needed a pad she burst into a fit of giggles. Why? I don’t know. She just did. I sat there still kneeling feeling the heat rise to my face.

It took her a good three minutes to finish laughing and rolling around her bed panting for air. She hopped off of her bed and dug through her bed before pulling out a tampon and tossing it to me.

“Jin” I started, looking at the object then at her. “I can’t use this” I finished

“Why not, you needed it right?” She asked

“Yeah, but I’ve never used a tampon before” I looked down at the floor before continuing “I’m scared of them”

“S-scared” she repeated before beginning to laugh wildly again. I just kept my gaze low and waited for her to finish.

“C’mon try it, it doesn’t hurt I swear” she said before hopping of her bed, pulling me up, and ushering me into her bathroom that was in her room.

+++

As you probably guessed this morning was embarrassing. It took me about 15 minutes at the least to put the thing in. I was so confused on which hole it went in and not to mention the awkward directions I was getting from Jin whom was on the other side of the door.

Did it hurt? Surprisingly it didn’t, but it does feel weird, it’s like it doesn’t hurt but you can still feel it there.

I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair before using my hand to fan myself. It was unbearably hot. I don’t know why but for some odd reason Mother Nature decided to play two tricks on me. And if you don’t already know, blood and heat DON’T make a good combination. 

“C’mon everyone, let’s go” Auntie sang while hastily walking down the hall.

“Where are we going?” Jin asked, looking up from her phone at her mother whom was wearing a sundress, sunglasses, sandals, and a large floppy hat.

“To the beach silly” she replied with a charming giggle

Jin’s head instantly snapped in my direction with wide eyes that matched mine. I nibbled on my bottom lip in fear. I’m scared, what if everyone finds out I’m on my period? What if everything becomes awkward- well aside from Jae’s snarky comments.

“Uh..Jaemin and I have something to do” Jin beamed out of nowhere

Auntie looked at me confused and I just vigorously nodded my head along with Jin’s statement. She then turned her attention back to Jin.

“And what would this ‘something’ be?”

“We’re going to the mall” She effortlessly lied

“To do what?” she pressed on

“I promised her that we would go buy a few outfits together and that we can eat at that new pizza place that just opened in the mall” she made up another lie that seemed flawless

“Alright, just be back by 4 pm okay ladies?”

“Okay” we both chimed with grins on our faces

“Okay now if you excuse me  I have to go awaken those three grizzly bears upstairs”  and with that Auntie made her way up the stairs to take the rest of the family to the beach.

“C’mon” Jin said as she pulled me to my room

“What are we doing?” I asked. Completely clueless

“We’re going to the mall” She said with a bright smile as she began rummaging through my clothes and tossing a few items on the bed.

“Jin what are you doing now?”

“Shh, and let the master handle it”

+++

I stood in front of the full view mirror examining myself. I look completely different. The floral yellow dress that stopped above my knees accompanied by a pair of white TOMS made my legs look slightly longer. The white cardigan draped over my shoulders made me look a bit slimmer as well as the curled ends on my hair but the thing that changed me the most was the makeup. My cheeks were a rosy pink from the blush, my eyelashes were curled and coated with mascara, and my lips were a luscious pink making them look kissable.

 “C’mon slowpoke let’s go” Jin laughed as she pulled me out of the room to the living room where everyone else was. Auntie decided that we should all depart at the same time and be back at the same time.

The living room was silent when they saw us come down the stairs. I immediately began to worry, is something wrong, is there something on me. I let the endless thought rush through my head until reached where the couches were.

Everything was dead silent until uncle cleared his throat snapping everyone out of their trance.

“Okay everyone, let’s go”

+++

“Okay do you both have enough money to go and come back?” We both nodded

“Will you guys be alright by yourselves?” We both nodded again

She was cut off by uncle before she was able to ask another question. “Alright honey they’re perfectly fine”

I felt a pair of eyes watching me so I turned to my left and saw Jong In standing there just staring at me. I slowly turned my head away

Auntie and uncle finally finished talking to us and loaded everyone into the car before driving off.

Jin and I walked to the bus stop and sat on the bench waiting, talking about a few things along the way.

+++

We were on our way out of the mall about to leave when I heard a voice yell my name.

“Jaemin” It came again, I couldn’t spot where the voice was coming from so I looked around with a questioning look plastered on my face. My eyes then landed on a petite looking man with the features of a baby. My mouth dropped to the floor in realization of who I was looking at.

“L-Luhan?” I stuttered as he came closer to me

He looked up into my eyes with a playful grin lingering on his lips.

“Missed me?” 


Sorry, I've been in a bit of a pickle lately. I am also thinking of deactivationg my account. I don't think Kpop is my thing anymore so yeah. I hope you guys aren't annoyed with the random new character either. 
 

,BlasianAegyo