Oh Hello, Welcome to hell

In Three months Time

My ear buds are in which means not to mess with me, am I correct? Even though there is no music playing that should be a good enough reason for you not to disturb me. Yet you still stay beside me continuously talking to trying your best to make small talk with me.

I have told you once before “I am not a good person” but you still chase after me. Like how a puppy relentlessly follows its owner you trail behind me almost everywhere I go. 

Slowly feeling the patience drain from me I yanked out my right ear bud and snapped my head in your direction causing a few students to look our way.

“Uh…” I was about to give him some more of my cold words when I realized I don’t even know this guy’s name. My eyes slowly trailed down until they landed on his name tag.

Kim Jong In
 

“Look here Jong In I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this until it gets through your thick skull. I do NOT like you” I said putting emphasis on the word not. “With that being said I do not appreciate you lounging around near me or acting as if you and I will ever be friends or even more. Speaking of friends don’t you have any? Can’t you go be with them?” I continued while watching his expression closely.

“I have friends, eleven of them actually.” He stated before giving me a warm smile making his cute eye smile come out. “I just choose to hang out with you, trust me you are way better than those guys. I have no interest in talking about girls and with them I’d rather be here with you where it’s nice and calm” He finished with that smile still plastered on his face. This guy is really too nice.

“Look Jong In I’m truly sorry but I cannot be your friend. I’m pretty sure I told you this before am I right?” I asked making my tone slightly colder than before

“You have” he nodded “but I think I can change your mind” he said whilst looking into my eyes, his dark brown orbs boring into my slightly lighter ones.

As if on cue the bell rang indicating that school was now officially over and it is now the beginning of summer break.

Without having to be told the students quickly began piling the few things they had into their book bags and before anyone could muster out a goodbye almost everyone was scurrying out the room.

“See you next year!” That Jong In kid waved before sprinting off to what I assumed was his friends, considering how rowdy they were.

“Yeah, I guess” I replied once he was out of earshot

He’s a nice guy. Hell, he’s anyone’s dream boyfriend. It’s just that I’m not for him. I will only hurt him and he’s too good to be hurt by a good for nothing wretch.

+++

“Mom! Dad! I’m home” I yelled as I waltzed into the house making sure to lock the door behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I got no reply.

“Mom? Dad?” I called again but was greeted by the sound of silence ringing in my ears.

“How odd” I muttered as I made a beeline for the kitchen and went straight to the fridge.

After watching a few reruns on the kitchen TV and munching on a few grapes I went upstairs to find something better to do.

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. I let out a breath through my nose as I plopped myself into my desk chair. I placed my hand on the mouse and shook it a little causing the once black screen to light up.

I spent probably an hour tops on Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube simply just clicking around on random things before my eyes began to get heavy.

Knowing that at any moment my body would give out and I will fall into a world of my outrageous dreams, I stood up and turned of my PC before trudging towards the bed and collapsing on it. In no time I felt my body slowly drift off to sleep.

+++

When I woke up my room was dark, the only light source was the moonlight beaming in from my window.

I heard the TV on downstairs and familiar voices which meant my parents are back from whatever they were doing.

I got out of bed and walked out of my room with sleep still consuming my body and slowly trudged my way to the stairs. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw my parents on the couch whispering about something. I stepped a bit closer to hear what they were saying.

 “How are we supposed to tell her about it?” My mom whisper-yelled

“Tell me what” I interrupted as my dad was about to reply. He slowly turned his head in my direction along with my mother with wide eyes and shock written on their face.

“Tell me what Dad?” I asked him directly when everything got quiet the only sound heard was coming from the TV.

My dad cleared his throat and motioned for me to take a seat on the couch parallel to him so I did so. Once seated I leaned back into the chair and crossed my arms over my chest then made my eyes into slits as I sent them “the look”

“Minnie, it seems you’ve woke-” my dad began trying to get off topic

“Cut it dad. Just tell me what you and Mom were ‘whispering’ about” I cut him off in the middle of his sentence while making sure to make quotations with my fingers on whispering.

“Well honey, your father and I” She began but trailed off not finishing what she was saying

“You…?” I dragged out the word urged her to continue

“We’re going on a cruise this summer it will be for about 2 weeks and afterwards we'll be visting your aunt in Yonsei for about 1 month and a week” she confessed

A huge grin spread across my lips as I heard the news. I’ve always dremt of being able to go on a cruise and be like the people on TV eating beautiful meals, playing the set up activities, having quality family time.

“Oh. My. God.” These three words seemed to be the only words that I could mutter out right now.

“Are you serious? We’re going on a cruise? I always wanted to go. This is so cool! Where is the boat taking us? How long is it how many days’ worth of clothes do I need to pack? Will it be hot or cold? It’ll probably be hot right? Ha-ha. I’m so dumb at times” I rambled on not noticing the glances my parents were giving each other.

“Jaemin” my father interrupted. When he uses my full name that means it’s serious. Dear god what di I do now?

“Yeah Dad?”

“You’ll be staying here”

“WHAT?!” I shrieked as I processed what he just said

“Jaemin calm down” my mom tried to get me to be calmer, fearing that the neighbors would hear me. Well right now I could care less about those nosy neighbors. To hell with them!

“So you’re telling me you’re planning on going on a cruise leaving me here all alone by myself to fend for myself? What is this supposed to be? Character remodeling?” This is so unfair. How come I can’t go? I’m pretty sure I had great grades on my last report card. 

 “Honey we would take you along but we were only given two passes and it’s been quite a long time since your father and I have spent some alone time together. Plus you won’t be here by yourself you’ll be staying with some close friends of ours and their son in their lake house, you’ve met him before. You two attend school together” My mom said

“Wow mom thanks for telling me I’m a and unneeded” I scoffed and stormed up the stairs ignoring their calls for me and stamp right into my room slamming the door behind me so the sound could sound out my anger.

I plopped myself on the bed and laid there trying to let everything soak in. With a long and exaggerated sigh I rested the back of my hand over my closed eyelid and let my body fall asleep.

Well isn’t this just a splendid way to begin the summer?

+++

The next morning was a bit weird. Instead of the small talk we would usually have at breakfast there was an awkward silence filling in. The auras we were all giving off were enough to yell out the mental conversation we were having. I sat across from my parents who were sitting parallel to me awkwardly as I glare holes into their faces.

Yep you guessed it, I still haven’t gotten over the whole “let’s go on a cruise and leave Jaemin behind with strangers” announcement from last night.

My father was first to break eye contact. He slowly placed down his utensils and cleared his throat to make sure we had our attention on him.

“Jaemin, we will be leaving Wednesday morning. You will be sent to our friends’ house on Monday. Please pack your things quickly and pack only what’s needed.” He stated before going back to eating

I rolled my eyes and stood up quickly, making a loud screech come from the wooden floor. “I lost my appetite” I said before leaving and going upstairs to pack my bags.  

+++

Monday came around a bit too fast for my liking but who cares?  It was bound to be here sooner or later but in my case it came sooner.

I piled my suitcase and my hipster backpack into the trunk of the car then got into the backseat. I stared at both of my parents through the rearview mirror.

“I hope you both are happy” I said then pushed my ear bud into my ear and looking out of the window.

Without much of a wait the car started and we were on our way to meet my parent’s friends and their son.

+++

 As expected I fell asleep and wasn’t able to see any of the scenery we passed. I stretched out my legs and let out and yawn making sure to quickly cover my mouth with one of my hands.

I pushed myself out of the car and went to the trunk to grab my bags. My father on the other hand picked up my suitcase before I could and took it towards the house. I just grabbed my backpack and swung it over my shoulder before slowly trudging towards the door.

When I got to the doorstep my father rang the doorbell and from the other side shuffling and a few low voices could be heard.

“Got it mom!” I heard a familiar voice yell from inside the house

In almost no time the door swung open and there stood the last person I wanted to see this summer.

Kim Jong In.  


Heyo! Thanks for supporting me already guys I feel really honored to have you guys here reading my story. I'm sory if this chapter seems a bit well...uhm...ty. I'm sorry if you don't like the plot or whatever. This chapter is 1,856 words (about five pages in microsoft word). I'm so happy that I wrote that much, if you know me you know I usually write in small portions. I hope everyone likes  the story so far. Love you guys! Bye~ 
.BlasianAegyo