Heartfelt I'm Sorry's

In Three months Time

As I entered the kitchen I quickly noticed that all seats were occupied except for two that is, and for some strange reason they were both directly beside each other. Hmm I wonder who could’ve done that. Please tell me you catch the heavy sarcasm dripping off of my words. Who else would have done something like that other than Auntie? And directly after what just happened? Wow, she works fast.

I slipped into my seat slowly and kept my gaze lingering on steaming plate of food before me. I couldn’t bring myself to look up at Auntie; I’m even scared when I see uncle sometimes. I pushed all of my thoughts aside and looked up only to be greeted by the overly wide grin plastered on Auntie’s face.

“Mom stop it” Kai whispered through his gritted teeth. Everyone now turned their attention towards us three. Uncle raised and eyebrow before putting his fork down and looking up at us.

“What’s going on?” he asked, his voice lacking interest

“Nothing Uncle. Please continue eating” I replied before taking a sip of water from the glass adjacent to me.

“Honey, you won’t believe what I saw” Auntie squeaked as she leaned her head on uncles shoulder.

Uncle raised an eyebrow at her weird action and looked up at us with a questioning look on his face.

“What’d you see mom?” “Yeah what is it?” The two sisters asked

Auntie glanced at us two before looking at Uncle and leaning close to his ear. I slowly moved my gaze to the table to avoid the awkward atmosphere that is soon to come.

There was a faint sound of her whispering before uncle looked up at me then looked at Kai. He kept looking between us for a few before a wide grin spread over his face. Everyone looked at him in shock. How could a man with such a personality grin that widely?

“Whoa dad, what happened?” Jin, the older sister asked. Yes, I’ve finally decided to call them by their given names because, Devil one and Devil two was getting a bit too old for my liking.

“Yeah what’s up with the face?” Jae, the younger sister asked while tilting her head slightly.

 Uncle just stared at us again with his huge grin smeared on his face before letting out a few laughs causing his eyes to form into little slits which surprising looked cute on him.

“Wow, kids are so bold nowadays right honey?” he spoke up

“Yes honey, they’re so bold now” Auntie agreed before letting out a few little giggles.

Jin and Jae turned towards me and made their eyes into accusing slits.

“What did you do to my brother?” Jae asked, her voice low and terrifying

“You don’t think she-“Jin began but stopped mid-sentence.

“You little-“

“I kissed her” Kai cut Jae off in the middle of her sentence

“You what?!” Both of the devils, yeah back to devils, shrieked in unison.

“I kissed her” he repeated with a shrug of his shoulders “What’s the problem?” he asked

“Yah, Kim Jong In why would you kiss something like that” Jae said making me roll my eyes.

“Jae that’s enough” Uncle cut in but she just kept going.

“I mean look at her, she’s not even up to your level. Look at her face compared to yours” She pressed on while I stuffed some rice into my mouth trying to make it look as if her words had no effect on me.

“Jae” Auntie softly called out trying to stop her.

“She’s a horrible catch; I mean you can do way better. Like that girl across the street from us, at least she isn’t a gold digger like her” she finished

“Kim Jaeri apologize right this moment!” Uncle fumed at the over egoistic girl.

“Why waste my breath on something like her” she answer while looking away from me

“I lose my appetite by just looking at her” she continued

I stood up from my chair making it screech a little as it moved back. I pushed my chair back under the table before giving a polite bow

“I’m finished, I will sleep now. Goodnight everyone” I mumbled with my eyes glued to the floor.

I didn’t dare stay behind to hear what they had to say but went straight up to my room and closed the door behind me.

+++

I changed into a comfortable pair of shorts and kept on my shirt since it was a T-shirt before turning off the light and crawling into the bed and burying myself under the cotton blanket.

A sigh escaped from my lips as I closed my eyes and turned to the side trying my hardest to sleep. I don’t know why I was so bothered by what she said? It’s not the first time someone has bad mouthed me in front of my face but why did it hurt a little when she said it?

I groaned in frustration as I rolled to the said laying on my back. I opened my eyes and looked straight up at the ceiling. I let out a huff of air while staring at the ceiling thinking to myself. Am I really that ugly? Am I really all that bad to be around?

I quickly closed my eyes when the door slowly opened making an annoyingly loud screech echo throughout the room because of the old hinges holding up the door. I tried to make my sleeping look as realistic as possible. The door closed immediately after the person made it inside. I heard bit of light shuffling but it stopped when the owner of the feet reached the edge of my bed.

Is that Jong In? No, of course it isn’t why would he come here so late? And why would he be on this side of the hall anyway?

My thinking was stopped when the bed made an unexpected dip notifying me that someone got in it. The person wriggled themselves into my blanket kind of making me a bit mad that they invaded my space but at a time like this I could do nothing. The body inched closer to mine and soon enough the irritating space between us was no more as an arm was draped over my body.

“I’m sorry” The voice whispered.

Wait, if that’s not Jong In and I know for a fact that it couldn’t have been Jae because the voice was sweet and soothing. That leaves only one person left, Jin.

As much as I wanted to open my eyes I couldn’t, I was so interested in what she was doing here and what she wanted to do with me.

“Don’t let her words get to you; she’s just jealous of you. No, were jealous of you. You’re pretty, we’re average. Our mother adores you and you make our father smile, something we’ve never been able to achieve within the 19 years of existence we’ve lived through.” She paused and let out a sigh before tightening the hug for a short second then letting it go.

“I’m sorry Jaemin, I don’t want to be this way but it’s the only way I am able to get some attention from my parents. Even when you aren’t here all they are about is Jong In because he is supposedly our family’s “golden child” he is everything I want to be. But no, it will never happen.”

As Jin kept talking I found myself unwillingly begin drifting into the wonderful world of dreams also known as dreamland.  


Yeah, I kow it's a bit late and short and I'm trying to do an double update soon sometime to pay for that so don't be discouraged. Anyways SOPA has been stopped and now recently no one want to gice their stories to EYK (Eat Your Kimchi)...I don't have to stress because none of my stories are anyones favorites so ha! Yeah yeah bye now.

,BlasianAegyo