New Neighbour

Arbitrary Twenty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Toy - f(x)

 

 

Chapter Eight

New Neighbour

 

It was the day right after Juno’s graduation from primary school that she was found lying on the cold asphalt, unconscious and practically lifeless, her warm and thick blood spurting out of her head. She was on her way to the local post office near their place in Busan when a mini truck had suddenly appeared out of nowhere and struck her. The impact of the crash wasn’t that immense for the truck, but it definitely was for Juno, causing her to fall back harshly with her head hitting the ground first. Fortunately, she was quickly brought to the hospital, enabling the serious head concussion that she received to be treated.  

Upon waking up after being unconscious for about three weeks, Sehun’s surprised face and Joonyoung’s worry filled countenance were the first that she saw. Everything before that was just simply a blur. Her father, Joonyoung, had narrated the whole story to her, but even so, she had still failed to remember any remnants of that day. Even up to the current timeline, she was still clueless as to why she was about to go to the post office that day. Juno couldn’t even think of enough reason or intention for her to go there and send whatever mail or letter she was supposedly about to send.

Joonyoung never told her anything about it either—though she had already expected as much—so she just moved on with her life like nothing happened, having only the scar at the back of her head as the remembrance. It was what Joonyoung had wanted as well so in the end, that past memory was buried in the depths of her mind and she found herself having a new life in Seoul—the very reason, other than Catherine[1], why they moved to the capital city.

Being the obedient daughter that she was, Juno didn’t question her father’s decisions anymore. She knew that Joonyoung only wanted what’s best for her anyway and being her only remaining family left, it was only natural that she’ll believe in him.

Juno was a bit uneasy at first, having the same worries as other kids who were also considered as the new kid in the block. Despite the small worries that she had though, Juno still managed to adjust just fine, all thanks to Sehun’s unending support and care. All throughout the times when she was still coping with her new life, Sehun never left her side. Not once had he even made her feel like she was alone, so Juno never felt lacking.

And besides, moving to Seoul had managed to put an addition to her family being that of Yoomi, Kyungsoo, and Joon. It wasn’t enough to replace the absence of her real mother in her life, but it definitely helped in easing up the unhappiness brought about the distance between her and her father—one that didn’t change despite everything that had happened.

“100, 200, 300, 400, 500…” Juno mumbled to herself, counting the bank notes which she had just withdrawn from the ATM counter near the lobby of the building. Looking at the amount of money that Joonyoung sent to her, Juno sighed to herself before peering up towards the sky.

Mom, I’m thinking of getting a part time job… maybe that way, dad will check up on me instead of just sending money.

Juno breathed heavily and smiled. Keeping the white envelope inside her satchel, she proceeded in entering the elevator and pressed her floor. Once she reached the fourth floor, Juno slowly walked towards her room 410 and across room 420—the room whose owner she still didn’t know.

Shrugging the curiosity aside, Juno began typing in her passcode in the security lock pad but stopped when she heard a door opening behind her.

“Sweetie!” Baekhyun’s shrilly voice filled the empty and silent hallway of the building, making Juno flinch involuntarily.

With the door to her unit closing again, Juno was all of a sudden pulled inside the unit beside the one across from hers, before being gazed down by two overly ecstatic pair of eyes. “We’ve been waiting for you since forever, dear!” Baekhyun squealed, tackling Juno into a tight hug—one that almost choked her, if not for Chanyeol’s help.

“Baek, you’re killing her,” Chanyeol glared at his lover whereas the latter only giggled.

“Oops, sorry dear!” Baekhyun pulled away from the still confused Juno with a smile. “I was just darn excited to see you!”

Juno could only nod in response. Everything was all so sudden that she didn’t exactly know how to respond. One moment she was only entering the comfort of her place but then the next moment, she was kidnapped and entrapped inside her neighbours’ unit, clueless about everything. “The feeling’s mutual Baek-op—unni,” Juno chuckled awkwardly. “But you said you were waiting for me?” she asked, eyes discreetly observing the place.

Chanyeol nodded, “Indeed, we were.”

“And why is that?”

Looking at Chanyeol with a repressed smile, Baekhyun grinned. “Guess who we just saw yesterday.”

“Uh… I don’t know,” Juno answered. “Who is it?” she asked.

“The new tenant of unit 420!” Baekhyun almost screamed, obviously unable to keep things to himself any longer.

And hearing the news, Juno snapped her head back to Baekhyun, dropped the idea of roaming around their place, and completely placed her focus on the said male. “Seriously? You saw the tenant?” she asked, turning to Chanyeol as if to confirm Baekhyun’s statement. Seeing as the taller male nodded enthusiastically, Juno’s eyes widened a tad. “Is it a boy or a girl?”

Baekhyun immediately squealed like a dying whale, causing for Chanyeol to shake his head whereas Juno to smile forcibly. Judging from the former male’s expression, Juno didn’t even need to hear the answer.

“I’m guessing…” she said, pressing her lips into a thin line. “It’s a boy.”

“And it’s not just any boy, sweetie,” Baekhyun wagged his finger at Juno’s face with a big bright smile. “It’s a freakishly scorching hot boy!” he chirped. “Oh my pink gosh, it was like seeing an angel from the heavens above!”

“Okay…” Juno nodded hesitantly, uncertain about Baekhyun’s words, for as she already knew, every single man on earth looks that way to him.

Chanyeol chuckled, seeing Juno’s incredulous countenance. “I hate to admit it, but the new tenant really is hot,” he whispered. “And that coming from me’s saying something.” Putting on a smirk, Chanyeol then gave Juno a playful wink before saying, “You should just aim for that guy instead of Sehun.”

What the hell—

Almost all of a sudden did Juno choke on her own saliva. “W-what are you talking about, oppa?” she asked, laughing nervously as she continued to ignore the knowing smiles both Baekhyun and Chanyeol donned on their faces. Changing the topic, she asked again, “Do you even know his name?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “No, not yet,” he said. “But that’s the exact reason why we brought you here.” he beamed, putting on a sly smile. “We’re going to find out who he really is.” Without even giving Juno ample time to gather her senses together, the male had already pulled her up from the couch again with haste; more so when beeping sounds were heard out in the hallway.

“Lucky, he’s here!” Chanyeol exclaimed, leading the way with Baekhyun and Juno following behind him.

Having no other choice, Juno grabbed her bag and let the couple lead her out of their unit to peek on the mystery neighbour. She didn’t really mind taking time, to be honest. It wasn’t like she’s in a hurry to hit the hays and besides, she too, had wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter