Non-stop

Arbitrary Twenty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Crash - B.A.P

 

 

Chapter Seven

Non-Stop

“Okay, next batch!”

After a round of sweat-inducing volleyball, Juno finally stopped and decided to take a rest on the benches of the gym. Since seniors from the arts department were using the front part of the gym, practicing for what seemed to be a play, Juno’s physical education class resorted to just using the back part. The girls were doing volleyball whereas the boys were doing basketball so they needed two courts. Seeing as not all of them would be able to play at the same time, they played batch by batch—Juno was included in the first one.

It was a feat for her actually, to be able to last half an hour playing volleyball. Usually, just serving a ball would already make her heart palpitate and her breathing to hitch. Although, Juno wasn’t really that of a weakling, but neither was she someone who has an unlimited supply of energy. She was just a little less than average, but the fact that she never did exercise—or had taken any liking into any kind of sports for that matter—didn’t justify her claims.

And besides, not only was her body unconditioned, but her mind was as well. Solely because of a person named Lu Han.

Since she had to take almost all of her subjects with him everyday, despite the hellish first day of school that the male had made her go through, she had done her best to act as naturally as possible. Even if she was so sure that the male indeed held grudge towards her—Haeri herself even said so—she still treated him the same and acted as if nothing happened. She had hoped that by doing so, the male would give up on his escapades and finally treat her all the same as how he does to other people.

However, Lu Han was just hard as rock and fake as plastic.

Whenever no one’s looking, it was either he would glare at Juno or just simply look at her blankly as if her existence was nothing but like that of a dirt’s. And when people are in a good meter away from him, or when people are in a good hearing or seeing range, he would suddenly wear his faux smile and act as if there was nothing wrong between him and Juno, even greeting the passersby whether he knew them personally or not.

It was just downright awkward for Juno, especially since it was her first time encountering a person like Lu Han. Heck, it was her first time in her twenty years of living to be treated unkindly and it was even by a person whom she’s only met for merely more than a week.

But then again, the anxiety overshadowed the discomfort.

No matter how hard she tried to rummage her head for any possible reasons as to why Lu Han would have this severe hatred towards her, she would just see nothing and reach a dead end. Fine enough, she had ran away from him the first time they met, but it was only because she thought that he was trying to hit on her—one of which, she realized later on, was totally impossible. And she really couldn’t remember knowing someone with the name of Lu Han from before, so what was she supposed to do? Ride his whim and act as if she really did know him? I don’t have enough guts to do so.

Lu Han didn’t look like someone who would be upset by something as small as that (then again, Juno did say that he looked like an angel at first, but turned out that it was actually the opposite). If it was indeed the reason, then Lu Han would definitely be a waste.

Looking at him now, it was of no doubt that Lu Han had strong visuals. His pretty face was a given already, for almost every girl’s a true blue er for the beautiful types. Albeit, contrary to the impression that people have with pretty faces, his built wasn’t weak. Neither was it too buff. Lu Han’s body was fit and slim, perfect for his also average height.

His face was cute but his body was hot. He was definitely the epitome of the ideal man.

But then again, that’s only on the outside. Lu Han greatly when it comes to the personality department.

Very unlike Sehun.

Great visuals, great personality. Sehun’s still a lot better.

As Lu Han’s name was called by their team captain—he was included in the second batch—Juno’s attention was also caught. Standing up from her Indian seating position, Juno discreetly walked a couple of steps nearer to the boy’s side and watched as Lu Han prepare himself for the game.

Upon noticing how Lu Han was tying his shoelaces, a sudden memory rushed through Juno’s mind.

“Sehun-oppa,” the grade-schooler Juno called, gaining the attention of her friend, Sehun, who was seated on the floor. “Why are you tying your shoelaces around your ankles?” she asked, staring at the boy’s rubber shoes confusedly. “Aren’t you supposed to tie it into a ribbon?”

Sehun wagged his pointer finger and shook his head at Juno simultaneously. “Well, not for us. Since our feet aren’t really big and stubby, the laces are too long and we might step on it.” he explained. He then crouched down in front of Juno and retied her shoelaces like how he did to his. “If we tie it around our ankles, then it wouldn’t obstruct us from walking or running. Easier, right?” he grinned as Juno nodded in understanding.

The way how Lu Han tied his shoelaces were exactly the same as how Juno and Sehun did theirs before. Although, now, Juno was the only one who did it. Sehun didn’t do it anymore. She couldn’t even remember the last time she saw him tying his laces in that same unconventional way.

Yet it was still funny how Lu Han turned out to do the same thing despite the great difference in their characters.

And now as she was reminded of the past, Juno couldn’t stop herself from remembering the rest. The way how Sehun had always been the gross kid who always had this huge and sticky booger in his nose, Juno never expected in her lifetime that such a kid would turn out to be a real hottie.

Juno giggled to herself, remembering her childhood memories as she rubbed the side of her head.

“Juno, help me bring out the balls for the next batch.”

Although, it seemed that she got too engrossed with her little daydream that she didn’t hear her being called.

“Hey Juno, I said help me with the balls.”

Juno only continued to laugh to herself.

“Oi Jung Juno!” the person called again but to no avail. Having enough of being ignored, he then let go of the push cart and tapped Juno’s shoulders.

With her small frame shaking from too much laughter, Juno turned around and had her eyes widen at the sight of her angered professor. Oh .

“Jung Juno, if you aren’t going to listen to your professor then I suggest that you just leave!” the professor scolded her, pointing to the exit of the gym.

“But sir—“ Juno was about to defend herself, but the professor only glared at her and continued to point at the door.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter