Point Proven

Arbitrary Twenty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Love Hate - f(x)

 

 

Chapter Six

Point Proven

When Juno said that she was going to give Lu Han another chance, she really did. Even though she was still uncomfortable around him, and was so mystified by his real persona, she still tried her best to forget the unpleasant situations where she was placed in because of him. Since they were going to be classmates for one subject, Juno decided that it’ll be better if she get on good terms with him. It was only one subject anyway—surely, it wouldn’t be that hard.

But it turned out that she had spoken too soon.

Out of the eight subjects that Juno had to take for the whole semester, only one of them will have her and Sehun as classmates—partly the reason why she had began to loathe not enrolling at the same time as him—whilst the rest will, coincidentally and unfortunately, be taken with Lu Han.

Juno had already told herself to just ignore her bad intuition about Lu Han and his mysterious presence. Even as it was utterly shocking for her to know that she’d have to take seven classes for the whole semester with him, she decided that it would be the wisest decision if she just stay put and leave the past behind.

But for some unknown reason, fate just wouldn’t let her be.

Aside from the discomfort he’d made her feel earlier that morning[1], for the whole day, Lu Han had managed to put her in a really difficult situation. Well, she wouldn’t really say that Lu Han was the cause of it, but it was just so coincidental how he was always involved in everything, that it made Juno wonder whether it was done on purpose or not.

It happened first when Lu Han was once again, given a task by one of their professors—one of the ‘demon’ professors at that. This time though, it was to sort out the class cards of all the sophomores in their department by their majors and specializations. Since their professor was too busy tackling the syllabus, all the while glancing at Lu Han and Jongdae’s direction, Juno deemed that she wouldn’t be caught if she were to use her phone. The said device had been buzzing since their class had started and it was really distracting, so Juno was getting annoyed. Since she sat at the farthest row, the chances of her getting caught would be low.

Slipping out her phone carefully, she hid it behind her bag which was placed on her desk and checked the reason why it had been buzzing incessantly. Upon taking a look at her phone, Juno swore she had the urge to throw the white device out of the window.

Updates for apps, are you serious?!

“Ugh, I can’t do this.”

Clearly unaware of the fact that God had given Lu Han a superb sense of hearing, that even as Juno only whispered to herself, he was still able to hear her words, she continued tapping harshly on her phone. Only when she noticed Lu Han looking back at her with a worried expression did she stop and realize that she was going to experience real hell at the hands of their ‘demon’ professor for the whole semester.

“Jung, you think I can’t do it?” Lu Han said, more of like exclaimed, gaining the attention of everyone inside the room including the professor.

And as if to make things worse, her bag suddenly slipped and fell from her desk, letting the whole world see how great of a scholar she was by using her phone while the professor’s discussing.

With a livid expression, the professor stood up. “You there!”  the professor pointed to her and yelled, “Take the class cards from Lu Han and do the sorting instead! Hand it over by tomorrow morning, or else, consider yourself as failed in this class, you got that?!”

Juno didn’t even know whether to be angry or embarrassed at first, for no matter how she looked at it, it was entirely her fault. Lu Han just had to be the sharp eared guy who happened to be the one who was seating in front of her at that subject—or rather, at all of their subjects.

But even if she had tried to make herself believe that Lu Han didn’t do anything wrong, she just couldn’t bring herself to do so. Not when, for the third time that day, he had, again, involve himself in Juno’s misery.

It happened just right when they were dismissed from the same subject. After being judged almost perpetually by their professor, she eventually got to run away from her grasps with the whole sophomore year’s class cards in her hands. And by running away, she literally ran through the room, for the next class’s students were already entering.

But just as she was about to reach the back door, the universe decided to put her into shame once more by letting her crash into another person. With the class cards scattered around her on the cold marble floor, she looked up to the person she crashed into, only to see the same owner of the face who had placed her into the bad side of the professor.

Lu Han.

Juno’s eyes widened, her heart racing as she looked back at his cold and uncaring expression. However, the urgency to go out of the room overshadowed the anxiety that she felt, so without uttering even a single word, she picked up the class cards one by one. Seeing as Lu Han didn’t leave, Juno expected him to give out a helping hand.

But contrary to her expectations, it didn’t come.

Actually, it did, but it was only when another classmate of theirs approached him, asking him why he was taking so long.

“I’m sorry if I made you wait,” he said, all the while handing Juno the rest of the class cards that he picked up. “I was helping Jung with the class cards.”

Juno would think that he only had a late reaction about their sudden collision, but when she looked at the last card that he gave and noticed how it was the only one crumpled among the rest, she realized that Lu Han never really had any plans in helping her in the first place.

Especially when the only crumpled paper had her name written on it.

And with all that had happened to her, Juno finally gave up on Lu Han and reached the conclusion that he did hold a grudge towards her.

Considering that he was very much inclined to be near her, Juno had already bid goodbye to her wish of having a peaceful college life. It wasn’t even funny, knowing that she’ll be seeing him five times a week for the whole duration of the semester. She didn’t know if it was just a mere coincidence or not, him being in almost all of her subjects, though she was certainly convinced that it wasn’t.

But one thing she was sure of, the universe took great pleasure in seeing her troubled and miserable, and it just knew the right person for the job of making her like so.

“It’s good to see you again, Jung.” Lu Han said, donning his signature angelic smile.

Her face stiffening up as she tried to smile, Juno nodded gawkily. “Er, yeah.”

Juno had enough of Lu Han’s face for the whole day, to be honest, but it seemed that it still wasn’t enough for him. Just when she finally got to have an alone time with Sehun, the male, ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter