Another Encounter

Arbitrary Twenty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Who You? - GDragon

 

 

Chapter Five

Another Encounter

In a wide grassy field, various kinds of wild flowers were blooming amidst the bright light coming from the scorching hot sun. Din caused by birds, squirrels, and other small animals were very audible compared to the soft and gentle blows of the wind and gush of the nearby river. The whole place was filled with different bright colours of nature. The place was full of life and soul.

And in the middle of everything stood Juno, perplexity written across her face.

She didn’t know where she was exactly, neither did she know how she arrived at the place. There weren’t any signs or billboards that could tell her any information either. Much like a mysterious phenomenon, she just suddenly found herself standing there, in a middle of nowhere, dressed in a white spring dress and sun hat—ones that greatly matched her tastes.

Knowing that just standing without doing anything won’t get her anywhere, Juno decided to move and roam the place. Just like how she first thought of it, the place seemed like what she would consider as heaven. She haven’t been to heaven obviously, but the fact that all she felt at that moment were nothing but blithe and serenity made her feel like she was indeed in the divinely place.

As if she held no worries or problems whatsoever, her mind, heart, and body felt so light. She felt so free, that not even the possibility of her getting lost in a middle of nowhere was able to faze her. Even if she was indeed lost, she didn’t really mind for she liked the ambience around the place—calm and peaceful.

And just when she thought it couldn’t get any better, a tall, slim, frost blonde male slowly materialized a couple of meters in front of her.

Sehun?

The male’s back was facing her so Juno couldn’t see him clearly. Albeit, as she slowly came up to him, the familiar chocolaty scent that she had known for the past twenty years came to her senses. Not to mention the fact that she can recognize that frost blonde head anywhere, she couldn’t possibly go wrong.

Surely, Juno thought, it’s Sehun.

Deciding that she was going to have a date with Sehun, Juno decided to surprise him. Albeit the prospect was so overwhelming that it made her insides burn in too much glee. With her heart pounding rapidly, Juno fought hard to stop herself from giggling as she finally reached him. “Sehun—“

However, just as she was about to tap his shoulders, the skies had suddenly darkened and thunders crackled. The animals around started running away as the winds had become stronger and fiercer. The plants and flowers that surrounded them had wilted and dried in a span of a second.

Utter confusion and shock slowly began to engulf Juno as she watched the heaven where she was in be devastated. And if it wasn’t enough, fear had also began to overpower her as soon as she saw the male’s frost blonde hair slowly turn into jet black—the hair colour of someone awfully familiar to her.

With the whole place getting ruined in the background, the male had finally turned to her and made his true identity known.

“Jung,” he called with a smirk.

Right at that moment, Juno finally realized that she wasn’t in heaven.

“Here,” he said, placing a small white circular tablet in Juno’s hands. “You’ll need it.”

She was in hell.

The waves coming from the river got higher and higher and the next thing she knew, Juno was already being flushed away along with the trees and animals that were with her awhile ago. Being a hopeless case when it comes to swimming (or even breathing underwater at that), Juno began to panic and hyperventilate. She could feel her body sinking underwater with each second that passed by. No matter how much she tried to kick herself up, it was of no use for the waves were just so, so strong.

The fact that she could see Lu Han laughing maniacally while casually paddling on his small boat didn’t make things any better.

And whilst she was distracted by the male’s evil laughter, an enormous current loomed behind her. Totally clueless about it, in a split second, Juno’s whole body was pushed further into the waters, engulfing her whole body in total darkness.

God please! I can’t die yet! I don’t want to die yet!

“Nooooo!”

Juno’s eyes shot open as she instinctively got up, reaching up to her neck to check if she was still alive. Though it didn’t really take much to know seeing as her heart was pounding rapidly, causing for her to have short but quick heavy breaths. I’m still breathing…

Looking at her surroundings, Juno realized that she was inside her condo unit, tucked under the warmth of her white duvet. She was still dressed in her black skinny pants and striped blue and yellow cardigan—the one that she wore for the welcoming party—and even though it gave her utter discomfort whilst asleep, she still immediately thanked the heavens for making her safe and sound.

Saying that her dream was really vivid would be an understatement. In her twenty years of living, it was, by far, the realest dream that she ever had. Heck, it wasn’t even a dream. It was a nightmare—one that had made her shiver even by just the mere thought of it. The cold storm, the gloomy atmosphere, the maniacal laughter, and the evil face—she could remember every detail of it. And as much as she wanted to forget, she can’t, for the horror could still be felt upon each and every fiber of her body.

The horror brought about by Lu Han’s presence was just so overwhelming that even as she stared at herself in the mirror in front of her bed, she could see droplets of water dripping down from her face.

Wait, what?

“Juno, are you okay?!” Sehun’s face suddenly reflected on the mirror, his eyebrows creased deeply in utter concern. “I thought I heard you screaming—“ he stopped once he noticed Juno staring at the water gun in his hands.

Putting on a stern look, Juno asked, “So you’re the one responsible for this?” She pointed to her wet face.

“Well, you wouldn’t wake up no matter how many times I tried to call you so I thought, why not use the water gun that I bought the other day?” he chuckled, approaching Juno with his hands up in the air, as though surrendering to her. Completely unaware, once he reached Juno’s side, the water gun in his hands was suddenly snatched, followed by his face becoming dripping wet. Hearing Juno laughing in the background, Sehun wiped his face harshly and frowned. “That’s so mature of you, really.” he said sarcastically, earning more laughs from the girl.

Taking the seat beside Juno on her bed, Sehun then asked, “But what were you dreaming about?” he wiped Juno’s face and stared at her worriedly. “Were you having a bad dream?”

It’s a nightmare! I dreamt of Lu Han and it was the worst nightmare I’ve had in my whole life!

“It’s nothing.” Juno said after a moment of thought. “I… I can’t even remember what my dream was all about.” she smiled sheepishly. She didn’t completely lie about her answer. Despite her nightmare feeling so real, she decided that it was just nothing and that it didn’t mean anything more for that matter. Sure, it was really peculiar as to why she had dreamt of Lu Han when there were a whole lot of other people whom she could dream of in his stead, but thinking about it more wouldn’t really make things any better. If she dwell on it more, she’d only stress herself more than she already was, thinking if Lu Han really did ignore her the night before or not.

Besides, even if they were both sophomores, the chances of them having the same classes would be pretty low. She won’t be seeing him anytime soon.

Sehun nodded before pulling Juno to the kitchen. “Sure, if you say so.” he said, pushing her towards a seat in front of the dining table full of Fried rice, Kimchi Jun, and ddeokbokki. “I brought some from our house so you should eat it while it’s still warm.”

After saying her prayers, Juno took her chopsticks and indulged herself into Sehun’s mother’s cooking. “But Sehun,” Juno looked back at Sehun with a raised brow upon realization. “How did you enter th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter