D.O

Valentines Day with Him

D.O...and the HOME BAKED COOKIES

"Hey, dude, can you make me a batch too?" Kai asked D.O.

D.O had on the pink apron and glared at his best friend,"What the hell? Are you kidding me? No way and go away. I'm busy." he stirred the batter in the bowl. He narrowed his eyes,"Don't you have something to do for your girlfriend?"

"Um, yeah, kind of."

"And, what are you 'kind of' planning to do?" D.O asked.

"Stuff."

"Did you tell her about...that?"

"...no, which is why I'm going to do it today." Kai nervously smiled. 

D.O stopped whatever he was doing and gave Kai a look,"Seriously? You know what, it's your relationship. Do what you want and get out. I 've got these cookies to deal with."

Kai frowned and stared at D.O,"Fine, be that way. You have stuff all over your face by the way." Kai smirked and grabbed his jacket, then he left. 

D.O rubbed his face and continued baking. That idiot. He chuckled.

He had exactly an hour to finish the cookies. He wanted to be the one to make you something special this year. Last year you made him a cake (it ) and he loved it. So, he wanted to make sure you didn't bake (he really didn't want you to bake since you really at it). 

D.O started scooping the batter out and started to place them on the cookie sheet. He perfectly shaped them and made sure they were just...perfect. D.O wanted everything to be nice and mind blowing, which was why he didn't want any distractions. He didn't need Kai over to ruin everything, plus that kid had other things he needed to take care of himself. 

I hope things will be okay. D.O thought to himself. 

An hour later, you arrived with a brown bag in your arms. You took off your coat and looked down at your tight red dress. You had heels on too. Your make up was painted on your face, y and confident. You sighed and shook your head. You couldn't believe you let your best friend give you a Valentine's day makeover. You kicked off your heels and grabbed the brown bag to place it in the kitchen.

"Where is my Squishy Soo at?" you sang and placed the brown bag in the fridge. The kitchen was a disaster and it smelled like something just burned. You glanced around and couldn't find your boyfriend anywhere. It was too silent as well. Usually, D.O would greet your right away, but he didn't. Something was wrong and you could feel it. 

"D.O, where are you?" you called out and went down the hallway to the bedroom. "Kyungsoo where are you- oh, there you are. Why didn't you answer me? Kyungsoo, yah." 

You spotted him lying on the bed, his back against you in a fetus position. You got on the bed and laid down next to him. 

"Kyungsoo, Squishy Soo, are you alright?" you rested your head on his shoulder. You heard him sniffle. 

"Are you crying?"

"...no."  he sniffed.

"You're sniffing."

"I am not!" he sniffed again.

You sighed and ran your fingers through his hair,"Tell me what happened now?"

D.O bit his lip and turned around so he could face you. His big, lovable eyes were glossy and you pouted. 

"I..."

"You..."

"Burnedyourcookies!" he said quickly and covered his face with his hands. 

"Burned my what?" you asked bewildered. 

"Your cookies! I burned them! Charcoal! Completely unedible! I failed to make you the perfect cookies! Now our Valentine's day is ruined!" He wailed and cried into his hands. 

You've never seen him this upset. Last time he was upset was when he was watching that one anime about tennis. That was the only time you've seen him cry. 

"So, you burned my cookies?"

"Yeah." he sobbed. "I ruined them! I left them in the oven a bit longer."

You laughed. 

D.O uncovered his face and stared at you,"Why are you laughing at me?! Is it that funny to you?!" 

"It's cause you're crying because of burnt cookies!" you giggled and wiped his eyes,"Honey, my squishy honey, it's fine if you burned my cookies. You can just make me some tomorrow. You didn't ruin Valentine's day either. I bought us a red velvet ice cream cake. So, stop crying, okay?" you smiled and kissed his lips. 

D.O blinked and wiped his eyes some more,"You're not mad then?"

You grinned,"Why would I be? I know you tried your best. Plus, your cookies are delicious! I tried them before." 

"That's true." he mumbled. 

You giggled and snuggled closer to him,"Mhmm, so let me change and let's just eat the ice cream cake." 

D.O pulled your closer and looked down at your tight red dress, he cleared his throat,"What are you wearing?"

"Oh, you know how my best friend is, she's crazy about makeovers." you waved it off and got off the bed. 

D.O eyed you,"Whoa."

You blushed,"Can you not look at me like that?"

"Like what?" D.O innocently tilted his head. 

"That!" you pointed at his face and laughed. "Like you're going to eat me or something."

D.O had a glint in his eye and he sat up and climbed off the bed. He stalked towards you and you gulped,"H-hey, what are you doing-whoa!" D.O scooped you in his arms.

You blushed,"Kyungsoo, wait a minute-okay nevermind!" you squealed as he threw you on the bed. D.O towered over you on the bed and he left your breathless. It was so exciting to see different sides of him all in one day. 

D.O smirked at you and dangerously whispered close to your mouth,"I think that ice cream cake can wait."

You squeaked,"I think so too." 

Happy Valentine's Day to me.