LAY

Valentines Day with Him

LAY...and the Kid

You and Lay were waiting in line at an amusement park for Valentines Day. Lay surprised you with tickets for a whole day. You both were patiently waiting in line for a roller coaster called DOOM. It was new and pretty popular, so you wanted to try it out right away. Lay went along with whatever you wanted to do. 

The line was long, a one hour wait, but since you heard so many fun things about it, you thought it was worth the wait. And, judging from the screams and many loops and drops, it was going to be fantastic to ride. Lay gulped everytime he saw the coaster carrying frantic people drop straight down and going back up just as quick. 

"Lay, are you alright?" you pouted and tugged on his sleeve. He was pale and his eyes were big and wide. 

He glanced down at your worried face and plastered the fakest smile ever,"Yeah." 

Lies. you thought and sighed,"Let's go ride something else." 

"What? No, let's ride it!" Lay protested. He knew you really wanted to ride it. Just because he was a little frightened didn't mean he couldn't do it. Of course he could do it, he'd just scream like a girl during the ride. 

"No, I saw the way you looked at DOOM, let's just ride the little duck roller coaster I saw earlier-"

"Yeah, no way in hell." Lay bluntly looked you in the eye,"We're riding DOOM and that's final." 

You frowned at him. Lay was rarely this stubborn and prideful. Most of the time he was calm and submissive. "Fine, suit yourself Lay." you decided to just let him do whatever he wanted. You already tried to help bail out of the ride, but Lay being stubborn, lost his chance. 

Lay glanced at your face and sighed,"Sorry, but I just don't want to burden you."

"Then, let's not ride-"

"We're riding it." Lay cut you off and faced ahead. You rolled your eyes, but you were amused. 

All of a sudden, Lay felt a tug on his flannel and he looked down. A boy who looked about 9 or 10 looked up at him with big eyes. The boy pointed at Lay and said,

"The bag of chips man."

"Uh, what?" Lay furrowed his eyebrows with squinted eyes. He was so damn confused. 

"Chips!" the boy chirped. 

"Um, yeah, I still don't understand you lil guy-"

"Lay, the bag of chips!" the boy giggled. 

Lay and you met eyes and blinked at each other. You held in your giggle and Lay blushed. 

"You're Lay, the chips guy!" the boy started to sing out loud, which caught the attention of the people waiting in line with them. Lay's ears turned red. A few people laughed in amusement, you sure were. 

"Ahahaha, he said you're the chips man." you snickered and held your stomach. 

Lay frowned, he hated when people referenced his name with freaking 'Lay's Chips'. This kid wasn't making him feel any better and now the little kept singing and taunting him made his blood boil. Lay usually liked kids, but not little balls like him. 

Lay leaned forward, close enough to the boy's ear and whispered,"Hey, I have connections to Santa, we're pretty good pals, so if you want freaking coal and poop in your stocking, I suggest you shut your trap and stay still," Lay smiled at the kid with a glint in his eyes,"got it?"

The boy's eyes widened and he stood up straight and gulped. Lay smiled in satisfaction and looked ahead once again. You tilted your head and gazed up at him. Wrapping your arm around his waist, you asked,"What did you tell him to make him stop?"

"Oh, nothing." Lay smirked. Nothing important, but ruining a boy's childhood.