KAI

Valentines Day with Him

KAI...and the LAST DANCE 

Kai walked out of D.O's apartment and headed home, he had to get ready for tonight.

You, on the other hand, were looking at your bed with possible choices of outfits. You picked up a red dress, but shook your head. You picked up a black one, but put it back as well. Then, you picked up a baby pink dress. You smiled and went to change right away. You did your hair and makeup and put on some heels. By the time you were done, the door bell rang. 

Opening the door, you smiled and met your handsome boyfriend. Kai was speechless when he saw you and just stared. No words could form in his mouth to describe how breathtaking you looked. Simplicity just made you more beautiful. 

"Hi, Kai. You're just on time! Usually you're a bit late." you slipped through the door and locked it. 

"I got ready early." he smiled  and fixed his black dress shirt. He was wearing all black. The color that suited him the most. Kai held out his hand,"Let's get out of here."

You grabbed his hand and smiled. His motorcycle was waiting out in the front. Kai got on and then helped you. He handed you a pink helmet, the one he specifically got for you, and you put it on. Your arms found their way around his waist and you rested your head on his warm back. Kai smiled in delight. He absolutely loved it when you rode on his bike, it made him feel powerful and strong. Plus, he loved the feeling of you hugging him from behind. 

"Ready?"

"Yes!" you giggled. At first, you were scared, but through the year you could ride this thing with ease.

Kai started the bike and the engine roared with life. Soon, Kai sped off into the night, with you on his back. The rush felt amazing and you squealed with glee. Kai laughed and sped faster for you. You squeezed him tighter and giggled,"Kai!"

He looked behind at you to check if you were okay, but you were more than okay, you felt more alive than ever with Kai. He slowed down and stopped in front of a warehouse. It was old, but it was bursting with music and lights. A vast majority of people were waiting in line. Kai hopped off first and then carried you off his bike.

"Thank you." you dusted your dress.

"You're welcome, love." Kai winked.

The two of you headed towards the warehouse where the party was. Kai had his arm around you and led you both to the front. People whined and complained, but the bouncer smiled at the two of you and let you two in.

"Thanks Jin!" you waved and the bouncer winked.

Inside the whole place was crazy with people, music, and drinks. Kai weaved you through the crowd and searched for a booth. He found one in the VIP section and spotted Sehun and his girlfriend there. You smiled and waved at them both. 

"Hi guys~!" you sat across them. Kai was beside you and still had his arm around you. He gave them both a lopsided grin,"Sup you guys."

"Hey." Sehun smirked. 

"You guy's finally made it." Sehun's girlfriend smiled. 

"And now that they're here, we can finally dance." Sehun winked at the both of you and pulled his girlfriend away, who waved at the two of you. The two youngsters disappeared into the hyped up crowd. 

You picked up an unopened beer and took a sip. You held it up to Kai and he grabbed it and took a big gulp. You snickered and took another sip from it and watched the people. 

"Hey, I've got to tell you something." Kai spoke closely to your ear. It made you shiver cause the sound of his voice was so deep and serious. 

You stared up at him, curious,"What's wrong?"

"I-I..." he trailed off. 

He looked so lost and confused. Kai looked down. I have to tell her...

"I'm leaving." 

You felt your heart stop,"W-what?"

"I'm leaving." he repeated in a whisper. His heart broke when he saw your surprised and pained expression. 

"When?" you asked. 

"In a week." Kai solemnly said. 

"How long?" you asked another question.

"Maybe a year."

You sat up straight and tightened your hands into fist. He's leaving, in a week, abroad for a year. You repeated in your mind. So much things were running through your mind. You were getting dizzy much too quickly, thanks to the beer. 

"W-Why?" you stammered. 

"Dance." 

That was all he said, and the worry and fear that was inside you vanished somehow. You felt relief instead. He was leaving in order to do something he loved with all his soul. How could you be so sad? Instead, you were happy for him.

Kai was scared. He didn't want to leave you. But, he wanted to exceed his current dance level. He wanted to advance and the only way was to be abraod. That meant he had to be away from you. He appiled for a year long program for dance a few weeks ago and only recently discovered he got accepted. It was a 1/100 chance of getting in and he did it. He never told you cause he was sure he wouldn't even pass. Yet, he did. And how could he possibly decline it? But, he would, because of you. He'd decline it all for you. It didn't really matter to him if he didn't study abroad, of course it did, but it didn't compare to how much he loved you. Kai would do anything for you.

You knew he'd feel that way and you didn't want to be the burden that would make him regret it in the future. You wanted to help him create his future, you'd never want to keep him from it. That would only make you feel worse and horrible.

No way in hell he's passing this up. 

"Kai." you called out his name softly, he heard you and looked at you with his dark brown eyes. "Let's dance." you smiled. 

You knew whatever he was thinking was bothering him. To you the choice was so simple, you'd pick dance for him. Knowing Kai, he was leaning more towards you than dance. The only thing that made him feel better was dancing. And in the current situation, you wanted to dance. You wanted Kai to feel better. You wanted to show him how much dancing meant to him and how he couldn't possible ignore this chance.

You held out your hand and waited for him to grab it. Come on, Kai.

Kai sighed and gave you a small smile,"Alright." He grabbed your hand and you led him to the dancing crowd.

The music was strong and the beat was sick. Both your bodies moved to the beat in sync. You spun around and faced Kai, dancing closely to him. He pulled you even closer and sealed all the space away. You smirked and he pulled you in for a kiss. It was rough and hot. 

You placed your back against his chest and rocked to the song. You rested your arms around his neck and his arms were around your waist. The dance was intimate. You both weren't even concerned about what other people thought. It was just you and him. 

The music slowed down and a softer tune played. It was a song that both you and Kai always slow danced to. Only a few couples stayed on the floor. Most of the people left to get drinks or chat.

"Will you have this dance with me?" Kai formally bowed with his hand out to you. Our last dance.

You smiled and grabbed his hand. You faced Kai this time and still had your arms around his neck. Kai pulled you closer. The two of you stared at each other and swayed to easy steps. You didn't want to cry, cause you really were happy for him. But, you just couldn't stop your tears from falling as you stared up at the eyes you loved so much. God, you were going to miss him like crazy. You sobbed and burried your face into his chest. 

Kai closed his eyes shut and rested his head on yours and just held you tightly. Some Valentine's day. He bitterly thought.