TAO

Valentines Day with Him

TAO...and the PLAYGROUND

You were holding hands with Tao. The day was early and bright, the birds chirped, and kids ran around the playground laughing. You smiled and ran a bit ahead of Tao, then looked back at him. 

"Let's play a bit." you smiled. 

Tao scratched his head,"Play?"

You nodded,"Come on, let's play, please?"

"Hmm, alright. It's not like we had any big plans for Valentine's day." he grinned and started to run beside you towards the playground. A bunch of kids were playing. 

The two of you stood at the side, watching them run non-stop. You were amazed at how much energy they had. Tao felt the same way.

"How are they not tired?" he  whined,"I have a pretty good stamina, but not that good."

"When we were kids, we were like that too!" you giggled and glanced up at him,"What should we do?" 

"Play tag?" Tao wiggled his eyebrows. 

You pouted,"I already know you're going to win, you're way faster than me. How about we play house or something?" 

It was Tao's turn to pout,"House? Really?" 

"What?"

"No, we're playing tag."

"Why can't we play house?!"

"I'm a guy! Guy's don't play house!"

"Oh, you know you did. You were either the daddy or the son."

"...yeah, but that was when I was a boy. If we do that now, we should just get married for real."

"Fine! Wait, what?" you gasped with wide eyes.

Tao turned red and he looked at the ground,"Uh."

"Did you just propose to me?" you stuttered. 

"Y-yeah, I guess." Tao rubbed his neck,"But, not now, of course, we're still young. In the future though...I wouldn't mind playing actual house with you." 

You smiled and tackled him with a hug,"I would only like you to be my house hubby."

"If only you're my wifey." Tao grinned back and pecked your nose. 

"HEY, GET OFF OUR PLAYGROUND! KIDS ONLY, NO OLD PEOPLE!" A group of kids yelled at you two.

"B-But, we're not even old!" Tao argued back, offended to be called old. 

"Yeah you are! You guys kissed! Only old people kiss!" one boy stuck out his tongue. 

You and Tao looked at each other and smirked. It's like you mentally sent each other a message and slowly leaned towards each other. You tip-toed and Tao bent down, sharing a sweet kiss. 

The kids screamed and ran away, yelling 'ew' and 'cooties' along their words. You and Tao just laughed and walked away, holding hands. You both could play house another time, sometime in the future, with a house of your own.