Five

Heart Keeper

Chapter 5

 

How did they meet? Onew and Victoria

 

“So I’m supposed to live here alone? I don’t think I can~” Victoria was talking to herself staring at the door.

 

“I don’t want to ~” she whined to herself.

 

Victoriadidn’t move from where she was and just stood there holding her huge bag. She was scared to be alone. She hates to be alone. She didn’t know why she had to move to Korea when she knows absolutely nothing about the country. She doesn’t even know how to speak Korean. But she thought that she should just accept it. Accept the fact that she’s already in Korea. She’s there to study and do nothing else.

 

Soon, she heard footsteps from the fire exit. A guy wearing a sweat pants and gray sweater appeared from the stairs. She wondered why a person would use the stairs when there is the elevator. The guy looked at her and smiled then he approached her.

 

“Hello~” the guy greeted Victoria.

“Are you waiting for someone? Why aren’t you going in? Or did you just move here?” they guy asked so much question and since Victoria doesn’t speak Korean, she didn’t understand a word.

“Huh?”

The guy scratched his head, “Didn’t you understand what I just said?”

“Huh?”

“You don’t speak Korean don’t you?”

“Huh?”

“Bye?” the guy said before leaving Victoria alone.

 

“I should’ve studied Korean first,” she sighed and entered her new home.

 

That was the first day.

 

==

 

Victoriahad to learn Korean by herself. She didn’t left her house the whole day and read her Korean dictionary. It was really hard studying alone. She was having a really difficult time and that makes her really upset. She was so disappointed to herself.

 

“Victoria, you’re so stupid!” she hit her head.

 

It was finally time to eat dinner. She decided to go out and buy food. When she opened the door, the guy she met yesterday was in front of her door way.

 

“Do you want to eat?” he was gesturing to Victoria so she would understand what he was trying to say. Victoria nodded.

“By the way, I’m Onew, you?” he introduced himself in English. He wants to try his English skills on Victoria.

“I’m Victoria~”

 

They attempted to talk with hand gestures and English. Luckily, they were able to comprehend each other. They had dinner in a small restaurant near their building.

 

“Ah, so you’re from China. I’m not that good at Chinese,” Onew chuckled. They had this awkward conversation while having their dinner.

 

“No, no, I’ll pay,” Onew was being courteous to Victoria.

“Komabseubnida~” Victoria had this odd pronunciation that made Onew giggle.

 

That was the second day.

 

==

 

Someone suddenly rang the doorbell. Victoria had an unexpected visitor—Onew.

 

Onew insisted on helping Victoria on her Korean. She let Onew in her house.  Every time Victoria mispronounced a word or failed to say a word correctly, Onew would just laugh at her but it doesn’t make her angry. Onew’s witty laugh makes her feel okay and she will just laugh along.

 

Onew became Victoria’s personal teacher in Korean while she teaches Onew Chinese. Both of them improved on something that day. Onew even told her some of his cheesy jokes and even though she hardly understood Onew’s jokes, she still laughed at them. Their communication was pretty complicated but it just made them happier.

 

That was the third day.

 

==

 

It didn’t take long that both of them now recognize each other even with a tiny squeak. They become really familiar with each other. Victoria didn’t meet any new friends other than Onew. She liked staying home and wait for Onew to ring the doorbell. It was like a daily routine for them. Sooner or later, they finally realized their feelings for each other and that’s how it all started.

 

The day finally came. It was finally time to introduce Victoria to Onew’s friends.

“Meet my girlfriend, Victoria~” it was plain as that. The four guys stared at her oddly. They were all asking themselves, how could a stranger be Onew’s girlfriend? But since it was Onew who introduced her, they just accepted her.

 

==

 

“That happened two years ago, right?” Krystal asked as she sat down on the couch.

“Yup,” Victoria responded.

“But your Korean hasn’t improved yet,” Luna joked.

“Are you sure Onew oppa is teaching you?” Sulli added as the others laugh along.

“Hey, pololo helped, too.” Amber remembered pororo.

 

“Stop it, it’s not funny.” Victoria pouted.

“Pololo unni, don’t get annoyed.” Luna didn’t stop irritating her.

“I said stop it,”

 

All of a sudden, the doorbell started ringing.

“Who could it be at this hour?” Krystal looked at Amber.

“It could be Onew oppa…” Sulli glanced at Victoria who was completely annoyed.

“Or it could be Key…” Krystal didn’t take her eyes off Amber.

 

“I’ll open the door for all of you,” Amber stood up from her seat and opened the door.

 

“Onew oppa~”

“I felt like you were all talking about me,” Onew sensed.

“And I just want to be here,” Key popped from Onew’s back.

“Key oppa~”

 

“What do you know, our maknaes are right,” Luna commented.

 

Onew and Key had dinner with the girls. Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin stayed at their home without moving a finger and waiting for a miracle.

“I want to eat,”

“I’m so hungry~”

“I want food!”

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥