Chapter 10

Heart Keeper

Key and Amber waited for each other after school. They will finally have fun after school just like what they planned the other day. Amber was extremely happy. Key knows it.

“What do you want to do? Do you want to buy ice-cream?” Key asked as he put on his bag.
“Ice cream? Again?”
“You don’t want it?”
“No, Ice cream is JJANG. As long as it’s free and it’s from you!” Amber cheered and pulled Key’s arms.

“Strawberry?” Key inquired.
“You know me,” Amber smiled.
“Two strawberries, please.” Key and Amber sat on an empty seat and ate their ice cream like how they usually do—without talking but with glad expressions on their faces.

“Oh, I remember. You have a little cold. What if you get sick again?” Amber keeps worrying about Key’s health.

“I’m fine, baby. The Almighty Key only gets sick sometimes and that sometimes was yesterday,” Key was acting manly. The normal Key wouldn’t even do that.

“You’re calling me ‘baby’ again. What’s so great about that word?” Amber believes that only people who date call each other nicknames like that.

“I call almost all the girls ‘baby’. And ‘baby’ is my favorite word.”
“All the girls? Gosh, that attitude again~” Amber sighed and continued eating.

After finishing off their ice cream, they both went home.

“Amber~” Key stopped her from opening the door.
“Wae?”
“Since it’s Saturday tomorrow… why don’t we go somewhere fun?” Key suggested.
“Sounds great but where?” Amber loves everything with the word ‘fun’ on it.

“How about… the amusement park?”
“Sounds better. Okay, I’ll tell the others!”

“Huh? But I wanted it to be… just… the two of us~” Key whispered.
“You saying something?” Amber didn’t hear a thing.
“No, go on.”

“Unni! Sulli! I have something to tell you!” Amber ran inside while Key groaned.

“What is it? You and Key oppa are finally dating?” Sulli was so interested because she was really hoping for that to happen.
“Sulli~” Victoria just finished changing.

“Key oppa and I talked and we planned to go to the amusement park tomorrow!” Amber was noticeably happy.
“Just the two of you? Why are you telling that to us then?” Sulli pouted.
“No, what I mean is, all of us, shiny effects!”

“That’s the best idea you and Key ever came up with. I better call Luna and Krys. They’ll be really thrilled.” Victoria dashed to get her handphone.

“So… it’s really not about you and Key oppa?”
“Could you wish something else?”

==

“All have partners?” Onew, the so-called “leader”, asked.
“Yup. I have my baby Amber!” Key raised his and Amber’s hands.
“When will you stop calling me baby?”
“Never~”

“Sulli and Taemin, Krystal and Minho, Luna and Jonghyun and well… us. Let’s go!” Victoria checked everyone and everything.

“Oppa, you don’t look so happy,” Luna can simply notice anything as long as it’s Jonghyun.
“I’m happy, SunYoung!” Jonghyun smiled forcedly for Luna.
“Come on!”

After few minutes of the road trip, they finally reached the amusement park. The girls run around like crazy except for Amber who was just standing next to the boys.

“Why don’t you run around like them?” Key asked oddly.
“Believe me; you don’t want to see me acting like that. I’m worse than you think,” Amber shook her head and giggled.
“I can imagine it already.” Key whispered and let out a loud laugh.

“Okay, it’s party time!” Onew was back on his younger days though he still looks young for his age.

The girls were all over the place while the boys follow them. Instead of riding rides, they played some random games in the amusement park first. It was pretty tiring for the boys. They didn’t know that the girls would be this hyper. It was after an hour before the girls finally decided on something.

“Let’s ride the carousel!” each of the girls pulled their partner. Unsurprisingly, Amber pulled Key. All of them rode the carousel like little kids.

[Amber’s POV]

“ROLLER COASTER!!!” Victoria unni shouted with excitement that surprised all of us.
“Come on Jinki, I want to ride that!” Victoria unni pulled Onew oppa. Sulli and Krystal were obviously scared but I hardly care coz both Minho and Taemin are trying to pursue them to ride the roller coaster with them. Jonghyun oppa on the other hand has no problem with Luna. As for me and Key…

“I’ll… I’ll just stay here. You can… go with them. Jonghyun!” Key oppa called Jonghyun oppa to get me. We all know Key fears rides as big as that. We all know he’s scared of heights though it has nothing to do with it. He’s just scared on a lot of things.

“Come on, Amber~” Jonghyun dragged me. Key just let him. Key oppa knew that I like those kind of rides. I can hear him sigh as we walk away from him. I keep turning my head to see how lonely he is there.

“Oppa, wait.” I freed my arms from Jonghyun oppa’s hold. I turned my back and walked towards Key oppa who was sitting on a bench already with his face dry and lonely. I sat next to him until he was conscious enough to notice me.

“Amber? Why are you here? You should just go with them,” Key oppa glanced at me with his heartbreaking eyes.
“I’d rather stay here than to ride the roller coaster with them.”
“But why?”
“Coz… you don’t have a company and they all have one. I can’t ride that huge thing if I know you’re scared of it.” I smiled amply.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds. I stared back weird a questioning face. He then stood up and pulled my arms up.

“That’s it, we’re gonna ride the roller coaster!” he declared.
“Huh? Why?”
“Coz I know you LOVE roller coasters and watching you sitting here beside me without doing anything is making me feel guilty.” Key explained.
“I didn’t ask you to be guilty.” I grinned at him.

“Hey guys! Wait up!” he didn’t have to be guilty but I’m glad he’s trying to be brave for me.

We sat on the last seat and made sure that we’re both secured enough. As soon as we here the sound of the engine I sat comfortably while he grabbed my hands and squeezed it. It hurt me a little but then he let go noticing that I was in pain.

“Sorry~”

I sighed and took his hand. I gave my odd smile that I haven’t been showing for quite awhile.

“It’s okay. Just… don’t… hit me,” I uttered. It was always his hobby to hit things if he’s scared. I just held his hands so at least that way I can stop him from hitting things.

The whole ride was shaky. Key oppa was screaming his heart out while I enjoyed the sight of him being scared. Finally, the ride was done and he was finally relaxed but he was still a little pale. I feel sorry for him at the same time I don’t.
[End of POV]

Key thought that ride will never end. Luckily, he was still alive when he got of that roller coaster. It’s nice that Amber was comforting him the whole time though he knew she was laughing at him in her mind. The next thing Key knew, Amber was dragging him to some creepier rides that could give Key heart attack. But it didn’t matter to her whether Key liked it or not. He could tell that she completely forgot how scared Key was.

“Let’s eat first!” Finally, Onew decided to eat. It made Key heave a sigh. As they walk their way to the food court, Key saw a place that took his interest.

“Amber, come with me~” he started pulling Amber.
“But I’m hungry,” Amber rubbed her tummy.
“Come on. I went with you wherever you asked me to. So, this time, you should at least come with me.” Key’s gave all his strength to pull Amber.

“Hey, Key, Am—where are the love birds?” Onew looked back and found no sign of Key and Amber.

“Oh, I didn’t notice they left.” Luna answered.
“Me, too.” Jonghyun added.

“I think they just wanted to go on a date.” Taemin thought.
“They shouldn’t have invited us if they wanted to be alone.” Sulli murmured and continued walking.

They were eating together at one table when Krystal noticed Key and Amber strolling toward them.

“Hey, they’re back,”

“Where did you two go?” Victoria asked oddly.
“To that headband store. You know, the one with animal ears headband.” Key was trying to explain with hand gestures.
“I’m hungry, anyone ordered for us?” Amber sat next to Jonghyun.

“Here~” Luna gave food for each of them.

Soon that they finished eating, they started walking again and looked for more rides.

“You should wear more of this bunny ears headband. It looks cute on you,” Key was putting the headband on Amber’s head.
“And you should wear less of this.” Amber removed it.
“Yah, don’t take it off. I bought it for you!” Key kept putting it back on he rhead.
“I didn’t ask you to,” Amber was being rude.
“Just wear it today and I won’t ask you to wear it again.”
“Okay,”

Key and Amber looked like a couple with those headband. Theyr continued their conversation while Jonghyun kept looking at them… with jealousy of course. It was always like that. Same goes to Luna. She’s just next to Jonghyun but he kept looking at Amber.

The day finally ended. They were all tired when they went home. Key, as playful as he is, didn’t go straight at their place but went straight to Amber’s and messed their whole apartment.

“Yah, Kim Kibum!” the three girls shouted.