Two

Heart Keeper

Chapter 2 [Key’s POV]

 

“Finally, it’s time to go home!” I cheered. It’s my favorite time of the day. Actually, Amber and I are one of the cleaners today but we escaped today because we wanted to go home so badly.

 

“Do you want to eat ice cream first? My treat since you gave me lunch earlier,” I insisted. I think she deserves it.

“As long as it’s free, I’m in!” she run towards the ice cream shop.

 

After buying ice cream, we ate them on the way home. We weren’t talking instead we were eating it quietly. I stared at her as I my ice cream. She’s so cute; she can be in an ice cream CF. She suddenly smiled for no reason.

 

“Yah, Key oppa, stop staring at me, the ice cream is already melting, don’t melt me, too.” She said but didn’t glance at me. She must’ve seen me.

“I wasn’t staring at you. It’s just that you have something on you face.” I lied. I slightly touched her cheeks so she would believe me. I’ve always wanted to touch those cute and chubby cheeks of her.

 

We finally reached our apartment. We’ve been living in the same building and on the same floor so I find it easy to see her even on weekends.

 

“Thanks for the ice cream oppa!” she said before closing the door. I forgot, their place is just beside ours. She’s just my next door neighbor.

 

I went in our room and changed my clothes. Soon, the other boys were already home. I slouched on the bunk bed. Minho was reading a book below while the others were outside playing games in the computer. I became the quiet type again and I hate it. I admit I wanted to be like our quiet Minho but now I find it really boring.

 

‘Amber~’ I thought. She’s the only one I ever think of. It’s funny how we became friends.

 

♥♥♥Flashback♥♥♥

 

[A year ago, first day of school]

 

“That orientation was so boring~” I said as I play with my grape juice. Yes, I know, grape juice is lame but that’s the only drink I got for free.

“Key, all school orientations are boring,” Jonghyun hyung exclaimed.

 

“Hyung, tell us some of you cheesy jokes,” if you have nothing to do you’ll have to listen to Onew hyung’s jokes.

 

“Okay. Why didn’t the chicken cross the road?” he started with a chicken joke. He loves chicken too much. We all had no idea.

“Coz… coz he’s a chicken!” he laughed at his own joke. I don’t know how Victoria noona is able to stay with him.

 

I looked at Jonghyun, “Mweol haedo Onew sangtae~” Jonghyun and I are like twins when it comes to fooling around.

 

“I’ll tell another one!” they all listened to Onew hyung’s next joke while I looked around the big field trying to find someone I know. There were my loser classmates that I’ll be spending the whole year with, there was Sulli hanging out with her new friends, Vic noona is walking towards us, Luna, not far from here, was having lunch alone. Krystal was with some guy that I don’t know.

 

“Guy wearing a skirt~” I laughed to myself.

‘Wait, what? Guy wearing a skirt? It can’t be’ I looked again but I still can’t tell since they’re too far away. Good, Krystal’s bringing him/her here.

 

“Oppas!” Krystal shouted. She’s really loud sometimes. Enough of Krystal, the person with her is more important.

 

I stared at him/ her for a moment, a really short moment… GIRL

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, joneun Amber-imnida~”

 

Amber sounds like a girl’s name. She must be a girl then. ‘Oh, no, she’s looking this way!’ I panicked but then she looked away again.

 

“Huh? Aniyo~” she responded to somebody’s question.

 

‘That was a close one,’ I sighed in relief.

 

While she kept talking with the guys, I still couldn’t take my eyes of her. Maybe, I’m just too curious of her.

 

‘Her eyes~’ probably, her eyes are girly.

‘Her smile~’ She smiles with her eyes. I had never seen such a pretty smile like that before. I think she’s really cute. If I could only look closer.

 

“Hello, I’m Taemin~” Taemin was so happy to meet her. I can tell he likes to be friends with her.

 

“Oh, no more grape juice. I should just buy another one~” I was so thirsty so I had to stand up and buy another drink. Though I enjoy having free foods and drinks, I mostly enjoy spending money. I’m sure these guys won’t look for me.

 

==

 

“I can’t believe I’m loving this grape juice,” I took a sip from the tiny bottle as I sat down on my new chair.

*cough* *cough*

‘Is that Amber?! How did she get here?! Are we in the same class?!’ questions started appearing in my head.

 

‘Is she coming this way? Oh, no, she is not!’ I’m panicking again and I don’t know why. Wait, I shouldn’t be panicking. She’s just Amber.

 

She’s looking at me but I tried not to have eye-contact with her. I don’t know why but I just really can’t look at her straight. I took a small glance again and now she’s smiling. My heart skipped a beat. That’s something…. Something really… weird… and new.

 

“Is this seat taken?” she asked with her husky but delightful voice. I shook my head and looked away again.

 

After few minutes, the first class finally started.

 

“Before we start our lesson, we have a really new student here today. Amber, come here and introduce yourself~” the teacher called her. I guess the teacher knows that all of us here except Amber are classmates last year.

 

She went to the front and started speaking, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Amber Liu. Nice to meet you all~” she introduced herself to the whole class.

 

I observe her from head to toe as she continued speaking. She got really skinny legs. Oh, her feet have this certain awkward thing going on (think of any poses of Amber, you’ll notice the awkward pose of her feet). That’s cute.

 

As soon as she was sitting on her seat again, she smiled at me. I just rolled my eyes. Yeah, I acted really rude. I’m sure she already thinks I’m mean.

 

I just kept glancing at her for the rest of the day. I think I was too obvious but no one’s noticing.

 

==

 

I stood up from my seat after the bell rang. I walked out from the school without any buddy. Onew hyung was with Victoria noona, Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun hyung are staying at school for some reasons that I don’t want to know. It’s really sad walking alone. I looked around; everyone has their friends with them. I looked at the right and found Amber.

 

‘Amber?!’ she surprised me. My heart skipped a beat again, for the second time today. What the hell is happening to me?

 

‘Is it just me or she’s going on the same direction as mine?’ I ignored the fact that she’s just beside me. I put on the hood of my jacket as I always do.

 

Since our place is on the third floor, I have to ride the elevator but before I can even ride it, Amber was already next to me AGAIN. I don’t want to ignore her anymore but I can’t seem to say a single word. I was never like this. I get to talk to girls at ease. All girls love me. I don’t know what Amber has that other girls don’t.

 

‘Come on, you’re the Almighty Key, you can do it!’ I cheered myself. At least I should try saying ‘hi’ or ‘hello’.

 

“A--,” the elevator door opened. A really bad timing. I heaved a sigh as I watched where Amber was going.

 

‘It can’t be. She’s living with Sulli and Victoria noona?!’ I’m not panicking but I am surprised. Why am I surprise? I mean, Sulli and Vic noona is friends with Krystal so they must have known Amber, too. Why didn’t I think of that?

 

I entered our place and threw myself on Onew hyung’s bed.

 

“That Amber gave me head ache,” I was eating my words.

 

“Yah, Key, you’re messing my bed!” Onew hyung jumped on top of me.

“Hyung, you’re so heavy~”

“Says who?”

 

I hardly stand up from that position. I climbed up to my own bed and removed my jacket. Then Amber flashed back to my mind again.

 

Face it Key, you like a girl you never even talked to. Just because of her smile you started to act like a fool. I can’t believe it. I’m so weird. Thinking that Amber was a guy when I first saw and now I’m completely going gaga over her. They’re all right; I have a weird taste in girls. And I think this girl is the weirdest.

 

“I must talk to her tomorrow!” I shouted.

“What in the world are you shouting about Key?” I forgot that Onew hyung was still in the room.

 

“Nothing, hyung!” I grinned and went down off my bed.

 

==

 

Next day, I inhaled pretty deep before entering our classroom. I saw her already on her seat playing with her phone. I approached her with a big smile on my face that looks extremely silly. She then noticed me and looked at me peculiarly.

 

“Hey, I want you to be my friend, I’m Kim KiBum, just call me Key. You must be Amber,” yes, I said that outrageous line and offer my right hand for a hand shake. She smiled at me. I could die right now.

“Why are you smiling?” I asked oddly.

“Coz… yesterday, you were the rudest person I had ever seen and now you’re like the weirdest and friendliest.” She giggled and gave me a hand shake.

“Yes, I’m Amber~” I can’t believe I touching her soft and delicate hand.

 

==

 

“That’s so hilarious!” she laughed at my ‘oh so funny’ jokes. We were on our way to meet the gang.

 

“Woah, so now you’re this.” Taemin wasn’t expecting that me and Amber are now… friends.

“But you didn’t even meet yesterday~” Taemin was complaining.

“Taem, they’re classmates, they’re supposed to know each other,” Jonghyun explained.

“Oh, right. Then it’s nice~”

 

♥♥♥End of Flashback♥♥♥

 

“Kim Kibum! Get up and let’s have some dinner!” Onew hyung is a real spoiler. Aish.

 

“Do we have grape juice?!

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥