Chapter 7

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

They left the room and took the elevator downstairs. Suzy led the way to a bar which was off the lobby.  Holding the metal handle at the glass door, she paused and took a deep breath. "Hope they will not ask too many questions." She muttered to herself.

Yongguk smiled when he heard the words. He took her shoulder in his hands and turned Suzy towards him,  and leaned close to say, " Everything's going to be okay. You trust me, don't you, Sunshine?"

Suzy looked into his eyes and was surprised to discover...... she did.

Suzy pushed the door open and they both walked inside. When she saw a familiar faces at the back of the room, she gave a little wave and began to wind her way through the small tables.

The three men waiting all stood when she walked up. Their eyes were trained on the man behind her. Before he could open his mouth, one of them offered his hand and said, “I’m Park Chan-ho, and you must be the elusive and mysterious Nam Chulson. I can’t tell you how much I’ve looked forward to this meeting, Chulson. Suzy insists on being very closemouthed where you’re concerned.”

Suzy gave him a dazzling smile and said, "These other two gentlemen are Lee Hesok and Park Jiyong.”

Yongguk nodded to each man, repeating names as he shook hands. “Chan-ho, Hesok, Jiyong. It’s a pleasure meeting you.”

Yongguk pulled up extra chair so that the five of them gathered around a very small table. Chan-ho was the first to speak. “I ordered you your usual drink, Suzy. With this crowd, I figured we needed to get our orders in when we could.” He smiled at Yongguk. “Sorry . I didn’t know what to order for you.”

‘Did Chulson drink?’ Yongguk thought. Suzy never tell him about that. By the time the cocktail waitress appeared for his order, Yongguk  smiled at Suzy and said, “Bourbon and water,” without missing the beat. The truth was, he wasn’t much of a drinker at all, only occasionally.

Chan-ho waited until the waitress left, then said, “It’s good to have you join us like this, Chulson. Suzy made it sound though you wouldn’t be able to change your schedule.”

“It was obviously important to her that I be here.” Yongguk replied in quiet voice.

Hesok laughed. “You have to admit you don’t spend much time in Seoul so that we could have met you there.”

Yongguk didn’t smile. “I guess it never occurred to me that my personal life would be of any interest to anyone beside me…. and Suzy, of course.”

Since Suzy’s shoulder was brushing his, Yongguk could feel her tense. ‘So, she didn’t like the answer. Too bad’.

Jiyong was next. “How do you feel about moving to Busan?”

“Actually I’ve done business here before. I have no problem in this matter.” Yongguk answered, smiling sweetly to Suzy.

Suzy let out a breath and seemed to relax. Guess Yongguk got a gold star for that answer.

Suzy leaned over and turned to the men. “When are your wives arriving?”

Hesok replied. “Tomorrow at noon. I’ll figure we will be looking at sites all morning. The ladies will take a cab to the hotel in case we are late.”

Chan-ho looked at Yongguk. “Don’t suppose you’d be interested in touring with us in the morning, would you? Might give you an idea of the city, that kind of thing. Unless you think jet lag will keep you in bed.”

Yongguk gave sideways glances at Suzy who was carefully studying her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter