Chapter 4

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Since you flew here, we’ll have to go in my truck.” Yongguk said, sound rueful. “It’s pretty dirty. I’ll have to find something for you to sit on. ”

“Ah. It’s fine with me.” Suzy followed Yongguk to where he’d parked his truck.

When Suzy realized that the battered truck with all kind of equipment in the back was the one Yongguk had arrived in, she almost cringed. Yongguk pull out a carpet sample and covered the seat on the passenger side. “There. That’s a little better. At least it will protect you from getting grease on your clothes.”

“Grease?” Suzy repeated faintly, peering inside. Frowned.

“Need my help to get inside?”

Suzy just stood silence.

Without a word, Yongguk picked her up at the waist and sat her in the seat as though she weigh next to nothing. “There you are. We shouldn’t waste any time, should we?” Yongguk said.

‘This man was strong, there was no denying that. He obviously worked out in the sun. His skin was darkly tanned. His eyes…….’

Yongguk slammed the door beside her, jarring her, before he walked around the front of the truck and got into the driver’s seat. “Sorry about that. The door is hard to close, so it needs a hard push.”

“Is this the only vehicle you own?”

“No. Why?”

“Just curious. Since my husband also flew in for this gathering, you wouldn’t to be expected to have transportation.”

“Everyone will think we’re sharing a room.”

“Naturally.” Suzy’s voice sounded strained despite her best effort to sound relaxed about the arrangements.

“I suppose I could leave the clothes I intend to wear with you and change there.”

The thought of her sharing room with a guy, even for short while, made Suzy unaccountably nervous, which was a silly reaction. He was a stranger, however. She couldn’t forget that. He could be a for all she knew. She caught herself up sharply. If she was going to allow her overactive imagination to carry her away, she might as well call off everything right now.

Suzy has a moment of panic wondering how successful she would be turning this brawny, denim-and-working boots construction guy into a suave businessman. ‘This was going to work’, she repeated to herself like a prayerful mantra. She was determined to make it work.

“That’s my shop.” Yongguk pointed out his shop on the way, a metal building with a door and large window facing a side street. The place looked like what it was – a construction building.

Suzy just nodded and gave a smile at him.

Once he found a parking place in front of the mammoth parking lot, Yongguk courteously open the door for her and lead her to the mall. Suzy wasn’t used to be treated with such a courtesy.  She never had any one open a door for her before. Suzy thought it was rather sweet.

Yongguk guided Suzy into a well-known department store. “We should find what we’re looking for here.” Yongguk said, matter of factly. Suzy was smiling brightly. She had no problem in picking up what is suitable for Yongguk.

“Business suits?” Yongguk asked, nodding towards the racks.

“Oh. Yes, for tonight. Casual clothes for the barbeque, And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter