Chapter 3

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yongguk stunned with the bold statement by the woman in front of him. He never thought that he would hear of this straight to his face!

The waitress appeared at the moment and asked, “What may I get you?”

Yongguk’s first thought was, a hearing aid. This woman couldn’t have said what he thought he’d just heard!

“Two coffees.” He said, then looked at Suzy. “Right?”

Suzy didn’t meet his gaze. “Yes, thank you.” She replied.

Once the waitress left the table, Yongguk cleared his throat and said, “I'm sorry, I didn’t understand you.”

Suzy folded her hands on the table in front of him, took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before she repeated, “I want to rent a husband for the weekend.”

“Is this some kind of joke?” he asked, sitting back in his chair and frowning.

“No, sir. I have the opportunity to head up a new corporate division for my company. The decision rests on my husband meeting with our corporate executives here in Busan, this weekend.”

“Your husband,” Yongguk repeated, glancing at her wedding ring, then back at her.

“You see, in order to get a promotion I wanted two years ago, I told the committee that I was married, even though I’m single. Because the corporation intends to transfer me here, they insist on finding out how my husband feels about relocating.”

Yongguk crossed his arms and studied the beautiful woman with interest. “You needed a husband to be promoted? What sort of crazy company do you work for anyway?” He’d trying to hold his laugh.

“Computers, and it isn’t crazy. They have their reasons and to some degree, I understand them. However in my case, it doesn’t matter that I’m single. My social life is nonexistence, anyway, so it certainly hasn’t interfered with my job performance.”

Yongguk studied her for a moment before he asked, “Where do you live?”

“Seoul”

“Well, Miss Bae, all I can say is, we don’t think that way here in Busan.”

Suzy smiled. “I know this sound strange, but if you will just let me explain about this weekend.”

“Sure. Go ahead.” Yongguk said with a grin. Not that he intended to go along with her ridiculous plan, but he was certainly enjoying this-off the wall conversation.

“I need you to attend a cocktails-and-dinner meeting with me tonight. It’s in the nature of a command performance so that management can actually meet you. Tomorrow, after breakfast we will have a tour around the city to look for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter