Chapter 14

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Suzy had a flash of Yongguk's shocked expression that he recognized her. 'God, please don't let him say anything in front of his girlfriend.' She had taken only few steps away from the door when it was wrenched open behind her.

“Suzy wait up, okay?”

Suzy just walked straight to her car and don't even bother to look back. She was about to open the car door when she felt a hand grabbed her arm.

“Please, wait. Don't go yet. At least not until we have a chance to talk.”

Suzy turned and Yongguk let go of her arm and both of them just stood facing each other. Suzy had a pair of dark glasses and Yongguk hated that he couldn't see the expression in her eyes.

"What it is?" Suzy asked, her voice sounding huskier than usual.

"Look, I really need to talk to you, okay? Will you give me that, at least?"

Suzy was already shaking her head, when Yongguk said, "Dammit, Suzy, dont do this! You looked me up because you wanted to tell me what had happened to you during these past few months. Well, maybe I want to share a few things with you as well."

Silence.

Yongguk stared at her. “Suzy, what are you doing here?” He finally asked.

Suzy sighed. “Oh, well, I guess I should have called first. I, uh….” She was dying here and she knew it.

“Come back inside my office. It's cold here.” Yongguk said, reaching for her arm and giving a little tug.

'Is he crazy? His girlfriend is waiting inside his office and he’s asking me to go in with him.'  “Yongguk, it’s ok. We can just talk here. I just drop by to say hi to you. I should be going now.”

“Are you living in Busan now?”

“Oh, actually no. We had some delays with the location. Some things never run smoothly as we hope. I just come early to find an apartment.”

“So you are coming to stay here. Are you staying in the same hotel?”

“Oh, no. I haven’t check in at any hotel yet. I might look around first.”

“You mean you don’t have reservation?”

“Will that be a problem?”

“Who knows. I don’t frequent them, myself.”

Suzy knew that he was thinking about that night he’d spent with her. Just as she was. Seeing Yongguk brought everything back so clearly. How could she have spent so much time dreaming about this man all this months? Why had she’d thought that what they had shared would be as indelibly imprinted on his memory as it was on her own?

“So what made you decided to stop by?”

“I left a couple of massages the week after I left. Did you get them?”

Yongguk looked away then looked to her. “Uh, yeah. I did. I was out of town that week. Guess I got so busy when I got back that it just slipped my mind to call you back. That was rude of me. I’m sorry.”

”Don’t be. It really wasn’t importa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter