Chapter 5

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Too restless to sit, Suzy stood and wondered over to the windows, impressed with the view. She was also eager to face the challenge of being in charge of opening a divisional office. She was so lost in thought she wasn’t aware that Yongguk had returned until he spoke. The sound of his raspy voice behind her startled her.

“I’m ready to return to the hotel whenever you are.”

Suzy turned and saw the man she’d hired cleaned up and in a suit and tie. There was scant resemblance to the man she’d first seen in the lobby of her hotel. Gone was the construction worker. In his place was the successful businessman in a charcoal-colored suit, black polished shoes, a white shirt with thin gray stripe and a muted tie.

His brown hair was brushed away from his face, revealing his forehead.

“Will I pass, do you think?” His bad boy smile made Suzy shivered when his piercing eyes met with her.

‘He is so handsome. Well, I don't think I need to work out much on him. He was fine specimen of masculinity - tall, broad shoulder, muscular.’

“I would say so.” Suzy replied hiding her nervousness, joining him at the door. She needed to occupy her mind with something else. “If you don’t want me to call you Chulson, what do you suggest?”

“Yongguk? It is my name.”

“No! I believe for the time we’ll be together that you simply must go by Chulson. That’s the only way I’ve ever referred you.”

“Uh-huh. So don’t get in a snit if I forget to answer the name.”

When they reached the parking lot Yongguk walked past the work truck to the car parked next to it – a low slung, black sports car that looked as though it would be completely at home on any racetracks.

Yongguk opened the passenger’s door and cocked his head to the side. “Now what? You don’t like the car,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter