Chapter 8

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A steady tapping on the door dragged Suzy from the first deep sleep she experienced all night. She forced her eyes open and groaned at the light in the room. She’d ordered breakfast to be delivered at seven thirty. How could she have overslept?

That was an easy answer – because she hadn’t been able to fall asleep last night until long after midnight.

Another tap sounded on the door. “Just a minute.” She said fumbling with the covers. She stumbled across the room and shrugged into a robe.

“I’m coming.” Suzy reached the door and flung it open.

Breakfast had not arrived.

Bang Yongguk stood in the doorway looking disgustingly rested and cheerful, a garment bag slung casually over his shoulder.

“Good morning, Sunshine.” Yongguk said with a grin. “Something tells me you’re not awake yet.”

“Good guess.” Suzy replied, turning away.

“Would you prefer that I come back later?”

Suzy glanced over her shoulder and saw that Yongguk had not entered the room. “No. Of course not. Please come in.” She forced a little hint of politeness, when all she wanted to do was to throw something at him and crawl back beneath the covers. “Our breakfast should be along any minute. I’ll be right back.” Suzy walked to the bathroom and closed the door.

Suzy lazily stepped under the driving shower. “Wake up.” She whispered, ‘There’s a man in your room waiting for you’. She cringed at the thought.

When she finally fallen asleep in the wee small hours of the morning she’d dreamed about that fiery kiss Yongguk had given her the night before. He simply turned her into Jell-O and left. Remembering some of those moments embarrassed her now that she was awake. Somehow she had to face Yongguk and pretend that absolutely nothing had happened between them, at least not in her waking state.

“I thought you fell asleep in the bathroom. I made you some coffee.” Yongguk asked as soon as she stepped out of the bathroom.

“Thanks. You are a life saver.” Suzy smiled at Yongguk.

“I remembered that you take it black.”

Silence.

‘He’s really a very nice man’. Suzy smiled, inhaled that first cup and there was a knock at the door.

“Breakfast arrived.” Suzy stood up and open the door.

Yongguk was seated at the table, looking at the food spread in front of him. “I didn’t think I was hungry until I saw this food. You ordered enough for several people.”

“Well, I wasn’t sure what you ate, so I thought I give you a selection. So let’s eat.”

Suzy sat down and looked at Yongguk. He wore a dark green Polo Shirt with khaki trousers and looked very fit. “I like the shirt.” Suzy said.

“You should. You bought it for me.”

“I don’t remember choosing it.”

“Of course not. I did. I remember you said you like green.” Yongguk chuckled. “So, what are you going to do when you decide to actually get marry?”

Suzy paused in taking a bite of her omelet and looked at Yongguk. “Someday, perhaps, but I haven’t thought that far into the future. Why do you ask?”

He shrugged. “No reason.”

“Are you married?”

Yongguk laughed. “Me? No way.”

“Do you feel it will interfere with your career?”

“Touché. Yongguk took a sip on his coffee before saying, “You know, you make a good point. Guess I’m pretty obsessive about my work, too.”

“How long have you had the business?”

“About four years.”

“What did you do before that?”

“I was in the military.”

“Why did you leave?”

He frowned. “It was time.”

“Something tells me you don’t like to talk about yourself.”

“Perceptive of you.” Then Yongguk smiled. “You see, we do have few things in common.”

“I never said I minded discussing myself.” Suzy said, looking at him.

“Nope.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter