7

My [Fake] Boyfriend

Gikwang rushed over to the passenger seat, opening the door politely. I smiled at his kindness and climbed inside his car. He walked to the trunk and put his stuff inside, and I took a deep breath. Being alone with Gikwang made me nervous.

I kind of wished Yoseob was here too, not because I in any way wanted to see him, but because he would make me alot more comfortable. His dumb jokes and silliness seemed to break the ice.

As my thoughts wandered, I wondered where Yoseob had run off to. He seemed so angry earlier. It was different to see him act like that, since I had only seen him in over-excited moods. The sudden change was puzzling.

"So, you enjoyed the show, huh? Did you see when I hit that one guy in the gut?" Gikwang smiled proudly.

"Huh?" I asked, not hearing him.

Gikwang chuckled, "Nothing" he said sweetly, turning the car on. "Something on your mind?"

I shook my head. "Nope." I smiled.

He returned the smile, then backed out of the parking lot. "Well, I'm exhausted right now. What do you say we go out for some icecream?" His eyes found mine, and I blushed, looking away.

"Sure" I said, embarrassed. I bit my lip, bringing my hands to my mouth. Was I...going on a date with Gikwang?


"Jaa. One chocolate icecream cone for me, and a vanilla cone with caramel for you." Gikwang handed me the cone. As I took it from his hand, our fingers touched. My eyes widened, and I blushed, quickly removing my hand with the cone.

Gikwang giggled, then sat down across from me. "Ahh. This is much better." he said as he his cone. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" Gikwang asked. I pointed to the icecream cone. He laughed. "Oh, of course. No problem. Any time, sweetie."

Sweetie? The word caught my ear, and my heart skipped a beat. I felt my face once again turn red.

"So, how are you and Yoseob these days?" Gikwang asked innocently.

I bit my lip, looking down. "I don't really know..." I replied softly. I looked around, shifting my eyes. Why did he have to ask that? For some reaosn, it made my heart feel guilty, but I didn't know why.

"Ahh, nevermind. If you don't want to talk about that, we don't have to." Gikwang smiled in understanding.

I nodded slowly. "Thanks."

We stayed silent for a minute, and I zoned out, thinking about nothing in particular. The icecream shop's door opened, and the bell rang. I looked to my side, noticing the person who walked in.

I gasped when I saw him. "Yoseob?" I asked.

Yoseob looked at me, then at Gikwang. He rolled his eyes, turning around immediately. He opened the door, then slammed it shut, angrily marching out of the shop.

Gikwang pursed his lips. "What was that about?"


I waved goodbye to Gikwang, watching him as he drove away. I sighed. Why did I feel so uneasy? The face Yoseob made was imprinted in my mind, and I couldn't get it out.

The way his eyes drooped when he saw me, like I was some sort of sad memory he didn't want to revisit... and how he got so frustrated and stormed out, just by seeing my face...it didn't make sense.

What had I done to make him like that?

I closed my eyes, trying to retrace the events of the day. The more I thought about it, the more confused I became. Yoseob was definitely angry. And it was definitely at me. But that was all I knew.

"Hye Mi!"

I turned my head. Nichkhun came running from his yard to mine. I rolled my eyes. "Hello, Nichkhun."

"Hye Mi. I saw you."

I raised my eyebrows. "You saw me?" I asked.

"You were cheating on Yoseob, weren't you? I saw you eating ice cream with some other guy." he shook his head. "Or are you and Yoseob through already?" his voice was excited. "Are you?"

I shook my head slowly. "No..."

Nichkhun laughed cynically. "Yes you are. You just don't want to tell me. Well that's good then. Now that you and Yoseob are through, you can date me. What do you think?"

I shook my head. "We aren't though!"

Nichkhun glared at me, frowning. "Well fine. Don't admit it. I'll just have to wait until you're ready." He walked away slowly, turning around to give me a quick wave and a wink.

I bit my lip. I was going to have to step up this 'dating' thing to convince him now.


"Ya, Yang Yoseob, answer your phone, please." I yelled into the reciever. I closed my phone, sighing deeply. Why wasn't he answering? I stared at the phone in vain, waiting for a call.

Closing one eye, I anticipated a ring, but nothing came. After what seemed like forever, I finally gave up, getting up to wash my face. I walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror.

My plain, boring self stared back at me disapprovingly. I the sink, rinsing my face again and again. I had spent the day with Gikwang, why was I so unhappy? I washed my face with soap, then dried it on a towel, again looking at my reflection.

I was still not pleased with myself, but it wasn't my appearance.

I groaned, walking back into my bedroom. I plopped on the bed, when suddenly, the phone began to ring. Quickly, I jumped to it. "Hello!?" I said immediately.

"Ah...Hye Mi....It's Yoseob..."

"I have been trying to call you for ages! Where have you been?"

Yoseob said nothing for a moment. "Ah...sorry..." he said slowly.

Something was definitely wrong. Was he still angry with me? "Well listen..." I said, "I think we're going to have to really step it up. Nichkhun thinks we've broken up!"

Yoseob sighed on the other line. "About that...."

I felt my heart drop. The two words he had just spoken made me nervous. "What is it?" I asked, clutching my pillow. My eyes blinked, and I bit my lip, not sure I wanted to hear what was next.

"I don't think I can help you with that anymore."


A/N hi guys sorry for the late update!! hope you enjoyed
^^
the next update, im excited for hehehehe

thanks for remaining subbed to this story even though sometimes i am slow!
i will try to speed up the updates keke