Best Friend

Do you like me?

Sorry I haven't been updating lately, I had writers block and a bunch of classes I needed to catch up on. Now I'm all caught up and have time to write ^-^ I have decided that this story will have 10 chapters, so without further ado, please enjoy chapter 5. 

Rian POV:


All week I've been busy with my idol schedule and hadn't been going to class because of it. During that time, my thoughts kept going back to Yoojin. I wonder what he's eating? If he's still staying up late at night or if he's sleeping in til 2pm or if he was wearing the shirt I bought him as a thank you present for saving me. I had such thoughts. My manager comes in, "You're free to go for the rest of the day. The photo shoot got postponed to tomorrow." He said. I immediately grabbed my bag and hurried to class. I got there late but thankfully the teacher let it go. I scanned the classroom for him. He was sitting in the back row with his earphones in. He opened his eyes, acknowledged me with a head nod and closed his eyes again. "Rian-ah, sit right here." JB said pointing at the seat next to him. I slowly walked over to him and sat down. Why did Yoojin feel different. Is he tired? It feels as if he gave up something. At the corner of my eye, I kept watching him. The teacher called on him, but he ignored her. She walked over to him and yanked off his headphones. He stood up abruptly, took the headphones out of her hand and stormed off. He slammed the classroom door. I am really starting to worry. What happened to my Yoojin?

JB POV:


Yoojin left. Something felt wrong. I had never seen him act like that. It didn't feel like he was acting out of jealousy. He was really angry. I look at Rian and she had worry written all over her face. "Yah, do you know what's wrong with Yoojon?" she asked me. I simply shrugged my shoulders. It annoyed me that she cared for him a lot but I was also concerned. I stood up and excused myself from class. I walked out and looked everywhere for Yoojin. I found him outside throwing free throws. "Want to go a round?" I asked as I approached him. He looked up then threw the ball at me. I begin to dribble. Yoojin pushes into me and takes the ball away. He was really aggressive. "Yah Yoojin! Play by the rules." I yell at him. He gave me a look then tripped me and took the ball away. "YOOJIN!" I scream getting mad. I bump into him and next thing I know, we were wrestling eachother on the ground. Finally Yoojin got up and offered me his hand. "Mian (Sorry). I didn't mean to be like this." Yoojin said. We walked to the bench and sat down. "Why are you angry?" I asked him. He simply looked down and began to pick at a nail. "Life is unfair. That's why I'm mad." He replied. I chuckled, "Of course life is unfair. If it were fair, it wouldn't be called a life now would it." I said trying to lighten the mood. "What did it feel like... when your dad died? Did it hurt?" Yoojin suddenly asked. The mood then grew somber. "Of course it hurt. He died before seeing me accomplish anything. He won't be there when I get married, when I receive and award, or when I have a kid. It hurts a lot but as time passes, you get used to the pain so it's not as painful." I tell him, reminiscing the past. That's when the dots connected. "Did something happen to your mom?" I ask. He was quiet for a moment then slowly nodded. "She has a brain tumor... she won't... at most... three months." Yoojin managed to say before the tears started pouring out. I had never seen him so... broken. He was really going through a rough time. All I could do was pat him on the back and be a good friend. Even though I don't acknowledge it, Yoojin is my best friend.
Yoojin went to the hospital and I went back to Kirin. It was lunch time and the students were everywhere. Rian walked towards me. "Did you find him?" She asked me concerned. I told her everything except the part of us wrestling. She ran towards the hospital and I stood there watching her run to the guy she loves, my best friend. 

Rian POV:


I stood outside the hospital room looking in as I saw Yoojin staring intently at his sleeping mother. Why didn't he call me as soon as he found out? Get it together Rian! Yoojin needs you now. I quietly approach him. I put my hand on his shoulder and gently squeeze it. He immediately stood up, turned around, and embraces me tightly. I hug him back and pat his back. "Rian-ah."He started. "Shh, it'll be alright."I whispered. "Thank you."He whispered back.