An eternity

Do you like me?

Rian POV:
Yoojin had ice cream drool all over his chin which made him look like a little boy. I chuckle to myself and without thinking grabbed a napkin and began wiping his chin. As I wiped the ice cream away I noticed just how handsome he was and how he was looking at me with an intensity. I abruptly handed him the napkin. "You do it yourself."I said. "Do you like me?" Yoojin asked like all the other times. I felt flustered. Yah Rian! Do I like him? Why? He is just a chingu! Aish I'm thinking too much. Yoojin leaned closer. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked. Great Rian, say something! Yoojin then lifted my head so we could make eye contact. My stomach was in knots and I wanted to look away but couldn't. Yoojin broke eye contact first. We sat in awkward silence. Just tell him what you are thinking. What's the worse he could say? Gee I don't know, maybe reject me? Aish should I take the risk or not? "I think... I like you." I whispered. There I said it. 

Yoojin POV: 
"I think... I like you." She whispered. I was speechless for once. This is probably one of Rian's jokes. Yeah it's most likely a joke might as well go along with it. I wanted to get out of this silence quickly. "I knew you'd fall for my charm eventually." I responded."Aigoo, what to do now?" I put my arm around her, "Shall we go on a date... wait we're already on one." I scratch my head and look at my watch. "We're going to be late unless we go now!" I hold her hand and pull her with me back to the hospital. She didn't say a word on the way back.

Rian POV:
Great. He thinks it is a joke. What was I thinking. Why do I still feel weird? Yoojin checked the time and grabbed my hand as we speed walked back to the hospital. I enjoyed his hand in mine. They were warm and strong, nothing like JB's which were usually cold and soft. I couldn't think of anything to say to Yoojin so I remained quiet. Or maybe it was because I didn't want to embarrass myself again. We were back at the hospital's main entrance with five minutes to spare. "Thank you." I tell him. "It was my pleasure."He smiled. I couldn't help what happened next. My body just reacted. I raced back to my hospital room as my heart started beating faster than a jackhammer. What did I just do?!

Yoojin POV: 
"It was my pleasure." I smiled, glad she spoke first. She smiled back and we just stood there like awkward fools just smiling at eachother. Then Rian kissed me on the cheek, turned around and ran before I had a chance to react. I just stood there staring into space. What just happened? Was Rian serious when she said she liked me? What about JB? Why is my heart still beating? Do I like Rian? I began walking to the bus stop. She definitely has a character. She is a good daughter, she's really pretty, but she needs to wear less makeup. She can also be mean, but she's loyal and does little things. I like it when she smiles and hate it when she cries. I stopped walking. I realized just how much Rian meant to me. "I like Rian." I smile. "I LIKE RIAN!!!" I yell it to the world. "SO DO I."A boy who looks about twelve replied. I chuckled.Of course people like her, she's an idol after all. I kept on smiling like a goofy idiot replaying the sudden kiss as I rushed back to the hospital.

JB POV:
I was on my way to talk to Rian at the hospital when I saw her in front of the building talking to Yoojin. She kissed him on the cheek and ran inside. I stood there not knowing what to do. What just happened? Are they really dating? My jealousy was really getting out of hand. Yoojin was frozen for a good five minutes before he finally walked away. I go inside Rian's room. I handed her yellow tulips. Her favorite. She just stares at me. "Sorry, we never had a chance to talk." I start. "No, I'm sorry. I should've made time."She replied. "For the record, Hye Sung is just a chingu." I say, hoping to have cleared up that misunderstanding. I continued, "I'll admit I was relieved when Yoojin said that you guys were just friends." I chose to ignore the kiss I saw earlier. "Why were you relieved?"Rian asked. "Uhh, because you deserve better than Yoojin. He'll just make you suffer. All rock stars are like that." I said. "Not all are the same. You can't stereotype people JB." Rian said slightly annoyed. I sat next to her on the bed, "Rian-ah, let me be apart of your life." I said with utmost sincerity. "You're already apart of it."She said. "I mean, I want to be someone in your life you can depend on... someone you care about." I say gently leaving hints. Rian sighed, "I don't want to depend on anyone and I already care about you."She explained. "You care?"I asked genuinely surprised. "Of course I care. It'll take an eternity for me to stop caring." Rian said. I was comforted by her words. I place my hand on top of hers. "Mian, for making you suffer. You had a lot of stress because of me, right." Rian nodded. "Of course no one can handle the rap monster." I said quite matter of factly. Rian laughed, "Aigoo, Siwoo is a better rapper than you and he can't pronounce some of the words right." Rian joked. I smiled, glad we were talking comfortably again. It was a start.

Yoojin POV:
"It would take an eternity for me to stop caring." Rian said. I couldn't help but listen in on their conversation. I silently closed the door when I heard Rian laugh. I remember taking on JB in silly challenges like basketball, but this is a different challenge. Of course, Rian still loves JB. He's her first everything. I sighed and walked out of the hospital getting some fresh air. I think of the facts. Rian likes me, but she cares for JB and an eternity won't be enough to forget him. I'm a friend while he's her first love and guy best friend along with band mate. I sit on a bench put on my headphones and listen to my rock music, trying to drown out my thoughts as I head back to the dorms.