Man, I love these guys.

Your Artificial Heart

 

Jonghyun pulled up to your apartment building, let you, Key, and Minho out, then went to park the car. Minho and Key followed you up, but only Key followed you inside to help with the packing. You looked around your tidy apartment and suddenly forgot where everything was, “If this girl is so bad that I can't even stay alone, how am I supposed to keep her from hurting Onew and his brothers?..” You gasped when you finally realized the truth, “I can't do anything. People are going to get really hurt... All because of me. I can't possibly stop her...” Your train of thought screeched to a halt when you remembered the day Onew and his brothers tried to find out if you had any other powers. All of the attempts had miserably failed, but as you were walking inside, you brushed Taemin's hand, and the toy you'd been trying to levitate, exploded, “If I can find out what happened that day, and how I did it, (IF I even did that), I might be able to train and beat her.
You walked aimlessly around your apartment, not really doing anything. Key approached you with a huge duffel bag you didn't even know you had. He handed it over and strolled into your room, opening drawers, searching for clothes. You snapped out of your trance as soon as Key reached for your underwear drawer, "Yah, Key!" You ran up to him and turned him towards you. He had an innocent look on with a shadow of seriousness on his face, "I can pack myself, I'm a big girl. Go downstairs. You might as well take Minho with you while you're at it. I'll call you as soon as I'm done."
"But-."
"Key. I can send thoughts. I can send them loud enough to leave your head ringing for a while. Nothing's going to happen." You squeezed his arm, "Trust me." 
Key just looked at you, considering what you'd just said. He finally nodded, “Okay, but you only get 15 minutes. If you’re up here a second longer, I’m coming up to get you.”

You nodded and patted his back, walking him to the door and pushing him out.

--

You packed all of the essentials; your toothbrush and toothpaste, “feminine products”, underwear (that Key so kindly almost got for you), hair brush, and your clothes. You checked the time on your phone and saw that only five minutes had passed. You decided to write a check for this month’s rent for the landlord due to the fact that you didn’t know how long “a while” was to a vampire. You left it on the kitchen counter with a brief letter explaining that you were leaving and assuring you’d keep up with the rent.

Just as you were about to toss some leftovers into the garbage, you heard noise from GD’s apartment “Yah! Stop touching everything! I just bought that! Hey! Don’t. Break. That.” You heard various laughs and voices mocking him. The talking and laughing got louder until GD’s voice boomed out over all of them, “Yah. Be quiet. My neighbour’ll start to think I’m getting robbed or something.”

There was a silence on the other side of the wall. You heard sounds emitted from people trying not to laugh, ‘Only one neighbour?’ A low voice questioned; the voice so deep you couldn’t even tell if it was in your head or not.

“OHMIGOD. Don’t do that!” GD yelled. The room immediately quieted down and you walked over to the wall to hear the silenced voices, “… special. She can… thoughts…”

“Mwoh?” A higher voice asked.

“Don’t ask… how… just can.” GD answered.

You couldn’t hear anymore of what they were saying without putting your ear to the wall, and you weren’t going to do that, because it would be taking the step from curious to stalker.

You had the urge to say bye to GD (although you couldn’t decide if you wanted to say goodbye or see his friends), so you lugged the huge bag to the door, turned the lights off as you looked around your apartment for the last time in who knows how long, locked the door, and knocked on GD’s door.

The door swung open to GD and four other boys behind him, “Oh, ~~~~~, hi.” You waved uncomfortably while the four strangers sized you up. A tall boy with blond, almost white hair, smiled for a second. Immediately after the boy’s dazzling smile, GD blushed momentarily, but gained his composure, “Do you want to come in?” he asked.

You glanced at each of the boys’ faces briefly and looked back to GD, “OH. Right, these are my friends. This,” he said, gesturing to a boy with a small, black Mohawk and a flirty smile on his face, “is Taeyang.” Taeyang nodded, the smile plastered on his face, “This is Daesung.” He said, pointing to a boy with pinch-able cheeks and beautiful, brown hair.

You paused, “Dr. Kang?”

Daesung laugh and nodded, “Med-student. By the way, how’s your arm?” You held up your cast and smiled. He grinned even wider then turned to GD, who had a look of surprise and I hint of disappointment on his face. He pouted and then turned to a quiet boy at the back of the group, “That’s Seungri.”

Seungri waved with a small smile. There was nothing you could remember him by, as in, Daesung had his smile and chubby cheeks while Taeyang had his player attitude. But Seungri didn’t have anything overly notable about him, until he used a bit of aegyo and spoke in a smooth voice, “Hi.”

You inclined you head with a slight wave then turned to the boy who had yet to be identified; you had dubbed him the white-haired boy.

“Last-.”

“But certainly not least.” The white-haired boy cut in. His voice was the one of the most deep, pure, beautiful sounds you’d ever heard. GD shook his head and imitated the low voice, “But certainly not least, this Seunghyun hyung.”

Seunghyun smirked, “You can call me TOP.”

You smiled and, again, marveled at the deepness of TOP’s voice.

Your train of thought came back as soon as you heard Key’s voice in your head, reminding you that you had five minutes before he came up.

“GD.” You began. You pulled him into the hallway for a shred of privacy and explained your leaving.

**GD’s perspective**

I couldn’t believe what ~~~~~ was saying. She can’t be leaving… WAIT. What am I saying? Why do I care so much? I mean, it’s not like I like her, we’re BFFs… How come Daesung didn’t tell me that my BFF broke her arm? Oh yeah, they just found out who they were now… What the heck is up with Seunghyun hyung? He hasn’t been like this since he met…… Oh great. I just ruined my day even more; first my BFF tells me she’s leaving, now I think of that horrible, annoying…… Ugh…

-

I stomped back inside and plopped down on the couch, ”Why so glum, chum?” Seungri asked.

“~~~~~’s leaving.” I said.

Taeyang and TOP hyung looked at each other, “She broke up with you?” Taeyang asked.

My mouth dropped open, “She’s my best friend. Nice to see that you care more about a girl you just met than your lifelong friend.” I said sarcastically. “And don’t you guys know that I only have eyes for my Darong?” I said wistfully.

Seungri and Daesung rolled their eyes while the other two looked at each other and pretended to throw up.

“You guys are just jealous you can’t get girls like little, old GD.” I baited.

The other two laughed until the point that they fell on the ground, while the civilized half of my friends just shook their heads.

Man, I love these guys.

~~

Thanks so much for reading, and sorry for any mistakes :P <3