Something's Missing

As Brave As A Lion

This was a bad idea, Leo thought, a very bad idea. He was pacing outside Hongbin’s house, he had said he would leave his house normal time… had Hongbin overslept? Cursing himself for stopping and deciding to wait for the other, he slowly grew restless, 15 minutes had passed. Why had he been so stupid… but Hongbin had been so sweet to him… WHY WAS HE SO STUPID?! Leo stopped and put his hands in his face, it was just a few minutes until school started. No, I won’t cry… he thought, but his heart felt as though it had been drench with cold water.

At school, the seat next to him remained empty, Inguk had asked if anyone knew what had happened to Hongbin but just received shaking heads. After the bell rang, Leo grabbed his stuff and immediately made his way to the cafeteria. N and Ravi were there with unusually grim faces. Leo didn’t feel like asking but curiousity got the better of him.

“What happened…”he asked softly. “Ya, Hongbin that punk… just smsed that I shouldn’t worry… and that he should be back by lunch…” N replied lifeless, “IT IS LUNCH RIGHT NOW?! Where is he??” The grey haired let his head drop to the table, Ravi his back comforting.

After lunch, Leo went back to the classroom, half expecting Hongbin to enter the door any minute, it didn’t happen. No sweet half sided talks, no person outside the music room as he went to sing after class had ended. No annoying smiling face as he walked home. What reasons could that boy have to ditch school for a day… he looked like a role model student. Leo tried to remember all the times Hongbin had spoken to him, if in all those stories there would be a hint as too where he could be.

He had a brother, Hyuk, who went to school near the park. He loved him very dearly. His parents and Hyuk  lived a bit outside of town, that is why Hongbin had moved here alone, to be closer to the new school. Hyuk liked to visit Hongbin, they seemed to have a close relationship.

Maybe something happened to Hyuk.

Leo’s thoughts were stopped as he found himself in front of the pretty cream colored house.

What if something bad happened… Hongbin looked awfully fragile. If he had gotten into an accident or had been hurt by someone… Leo paused.

I sound like a worried girlfriend, he scolded himself. Hongbin was a guy, he could look after himself.

He was so deep in thought, he didn’t hear the sound of feet running towards him.

The next thing he knew, someone covered his mouth and dragged him down the nearest alley.
What had he gotten himself into.