Simple things

As Brave As A Lion

Waking up a bit earlier then he usually did, Leo made his way to school, confident of not running into Hongbin at this time. He was in luck, there were no sounds from the pretty house down the road.

The school gate was a buzz, people entering, being dropped off and parents shouting their loving goodbyes, Leo couldn’t wait to reach the classroom and listen to some music in peace.

Barely remembering that the classroom was being renovated he headed for the art room, still a bit sleepy from getting up earlier than usual. Upon opening the door, his face turned dark, there were students from another class sitting in the area where Leo and Hongbin’s seats were. In Hongbin’s seat a guy, apparently the leader of the group, rocking back and forth laughing with a group of guys, who were sitting around him, all were occupied except Leo’s seat. He had wondered when they would start testing him again; it had been quiet the past few days.

 The guys of the school liked to do this once a week, test Leo… they would try something stupid to get him angry or upset, on one or two rare occasions they had succeeded but not to their benefits, Leo had sent a few of them to the nursery, moaning and groaning, and had been sent himself to the headmaster, who was shocked, since Leo had the image of a quiet and diligent student and he could hardly believe that he could inflict such injuries, and had let him go.

Leo quietly walked through the crowd and sat on his seat, he could feel their eyes on him. They must have heard the story of the time he had gotten angry, that was probably what made them hesitate but the leader  took a try and shouted, “Ya, Leo! So I heard you were buddies with the new guy, Hongbin.” As if, Leo unconsciously rolled his eyes, and started unpacking his bag and untangling his headphones. “Ya, ask him if he can get us some girls! With his face he could get any one!” the other person continued to speak, “Ah wait, you don’t speak, I forgot, forgive me” Why did god give such idiots voice boxes, Leo wondered and almost snorted as how they all laughed at the low pun the guy had made, that was the only thing they could pick at. “Hey, I’m talking to you,” the one talking had placed his hand on Leo’s desk, Leo bristled but mentally told himself to stay calm. “I would like to have a response if I am talking!”, if I don’t have something to say, especially to you guys, I won’t say anything, Leo’s almost hissed.

“If he has nothing to talk to you guys about, why would he talk? I sure wouldn’t” a giggle followed a very familiar voice, Hongbin had arrived. The guys turned to him, “Ey look who arrived! How you doing?” “Very well, oh wait,” Hongbin paused and stared at the guy on his place next to Leo, “You are on my place.” Before anyone could react Hongbin grabbed the leader and pulled him out of the chair, quite gracefully, Leo thought unconsciously amused by the scene.  

“And by the look of things you shouldn’t even be in this classroom, I’d run along If I were you,” not once did Hongbin stop smiling, as the guys gave each other very confused glances and slowly left the classroom.

“Good morning, sunshine!” Hongbin flopped down into his reclaimed seat, smiling at Leo before unpacking his stuff too. Pfft, Leo had successfully finished untangling his headphones and put them in and let his head fall onto the table. Finally, peace and quiet.

Hongbin looked at the other with his head on the table, the stubbornly shut eyes and small pouty frown on his lips, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, his mind screamed as it had to resist the urge of running his fingers through the other’s hair, I’d probably lose a limb if I tried. No, Lee Hongbin, no touching, no stroking, no petting, first you must gain his trust! Nodding the new boy set himself boundaries for his precious Leo.

Lunch

“N where is Ravi?” Hongbin asked N curious because he hadn’t seen the other half of the grey haired since the beginning of lunch. “That freak stayed longer in sports, to ask some tips from the teacher!” N rolled his eyes, “Well at least I have you, Binnie!” The younger couldn’t help looking at N with a raised eyebrow, “Binnie suites you, don’t look at me like that. But where is my other baby, aaaaaah if I weren’t going to wait for Ravi, I’d drag his stupid ass over here and get him so socialize!” “Poor pork chops….” “How can you say poor pork chops? That boy has to be taken care of! He needs us! He-“ “No, hyung, I literally meant poor pork chops…” Hongbin said trying hard to fight a laugh as N looked at him confused and then down at his plate and realized that during his speech about Leo he had unconsciously stabbed his pork chops multiple times with his knife. Looking at the younger in horror, N whispered, “I think it’s dead….”

Hongbin lost it; he laughed and laughed, clutching his tummy at the expression his hyung wore. As he finally got his breathe back and N handed him some napkins to wipe his tears, N looked at him hard, “Binnie, can I entrust you with a task…?” Cocking is head the brown haired, still cleaning his eyes, nodded confidently.

 “I want you to go look for Leo… I am worried he is somewhere alone, and don’t think that that is good for him, since I cannot always be there for him… would you go keep him company, or at least watch over him for a bit, that he doesn’t get into trouble?” The younger’s eyes widened and he nodded immediately, N however then put on a stern look, “But Hongbin, should you do anything to my baby, anything to hurt his feelings! Anything! I will come and skin you alive, understand?” Again, immediate nodding. “Great! I am glad I have you!” N beamed at the other.

He is probably on the roof or try the music room, N’s words echoed in Hongbin’s head as he made his way to the roof, as he opened the door, he had to marvel at  how quiet it was up here and yet how pretty, in the sunlight with just the tree tops to be seen behind the railing, quiet and pretty, he knew someone like that. Next, he tried finding the music room, it wasn’t as successful as finding the roof but he eventually with the help of some very eager girls found the music department of the school. He started searching the practice rooms, there was no one here, his heart sank, those were the only places N had said Leo would be…. Turning to leave he heard something that made him freeze.

It was like a bird, soft, high and melodic. As he listened more closely, he came to the conclusion it wasn’t a bird, it was a voice, a soft, delicate yet very beautiful voice. Without second thought he followed it, up the stairs, down the corridor and to a very deserted looking room. There was a glass window in the door, very carefully Hongbin looked inside, that black hair, those pink lips, those eyes, were very familiar to him… but that voice, it was something else. He had never heard the other speak, but hearing this beautiful sound emitting from that boy, he regretted nothing.

Slowly he sat down outside the room.

Listening to Leo sing, a peaceful melody, as delicate as the voice of the person who sang it, it was gorgeous.

His eyes grew heavier, Leo’s singing filled his mind, he let it take him, to the places it sang of, felt the feelings it was singing about.

It made him feel at peace...

 

The first bell rang and Leo stopped singing, he carefully started packing his things and exited the room. As he opened the door and to go back to the classroom, his foot met an object that wasn’t supposed to be there, and down he flew. Cursing softly he turned to face the object he had to thank for his fall.

Leo’s eyes grew large and he froze, Hongbin?! Wait, was he… sleeping? He was very surprised the other hadn’t woken up by having a 183cm tall guy trip over him. Why was he here? Why was he sleeping?! … Had he heard…? How did he even get here… Leo’s eyes wondered over the sleeping form of the other, it was almost abnormal seeing him without a full blown smile on his face but he looked so peaceful. Head leant against the wall, arms tucked across his chest, Hongbin looked awfully comfortable for someone sleeping in a hallway.
The second bell rang and Leo rolled his eyes, he couldn’t just leave him there, well he meant he could but Hongbin had listened to him sing for god knws how long and not disturbed him… He knelt in front of the other and poked his cheek, no reaction he poked him again… nothing, was this guy on sleeping pills. This is taking too long, Leo sighed and took his hand and slapped him across his face. “Wah wah wah?!” Groggy the other flailed around, tumbling into the land of the awake. Leo got up turned to march off and let Hongbin just guess what was happening, but he found himself still facing the other guy, reaching out his hand.

Hongbin and he both looked at his outstretched hand as if it was an alien, but before Leo’s brain could react and tell him to abort abort abort, Hongbin grabbed it. With a tug, Leo had him on his feet, the other was suddenly far too close for his liking. As if touching fire Leo dropped the others hand and stalked off direction art class, the very happy younger one following him.

He held my haaaaaaaaaand, Hongbin sang on his way home from school, okay he also slapped me… but he touched my hand!!!!!!! As he entered the house he spun around a few times feeling ecstatic and landed on the couch, his phone buzzed and he saw an sms from N, still smiling he opened it:

Ya, my Binnie baby! Leo has a match tomorrow, Ravi and I are going

If you don’t come I’ll haunt you in your sleep

So, you coming?

XxX N

His smile grew even larger as he send a confirmation that he’d be there tomorrow.

Leo was in his bed at round about the same time, he was staring at his hand as if it had betrayed him. It had! It was still tingling! And warm, like Hongbin-NO! Leo took his pillow and sunk his head into it. Why must this be happening to him? Where was his peaceful life?

At least he had football tomorrow, that always gave him satisfaction and would take his mind off his smiling angel problem.