Daily routine meets Hongbin

As Brave As A Lion

Morning

I am doomed, Leo thought. Why on earth was he -looking slightly ruffled- currently pressing his back against the brick wall of a small alley just off his way to school?

~le wavey flashback to earlier~

After successful avoiding the smiling new student, Leo had made a vow to himself at home to just ignore and avoid at all costs. However, as he left his house the following morning, and was on his normal route to school he saw a certain figure exiting a house just before him. Leo’s body reacted faster than his brain as it flung itself down the nearest alley and had plastered itself up against the wall. Hongbin?! He had just seen Hongbin leaving the house before him.

~end le wavey flashback~


Leo racked his memories,  and suddenly, he recalled that up until shortly there had been a “For Sale” sign outside of that house.

Are.you.kidding.me? was the only thought his brain could form in that moment. Out of all the places in this area that person could go! He had to be the one who moved in here?! WHAT WERE THE CHANCES OF HONGBIN MOVING INTO THERE?!

Slowly, he peaked around the corner and saw the other’s figure slowly making its way down the road to school. He sunk on to the ground as his heart started to beat in a normal again. That was a close on.

I am doomed

 

Lunch

Are you serious? Apparently N had taken the task of taking care of Hongbin really to heart because here he came herding the new boy towards Leo, who against his will found himself in the cafeteria next to Ravi,  both carrying food trays in their hands. “I’m leaving,” Leo quietly informed the younger one and made to escape quickly. His actions were stopped as N grabbed him and flung him back into his seat, “Not on my watch, sweetie! Now, you better start living with the idea that I have a new baby in my life!”

 Flinging his arms around Hongbin, who could only laugh at his hyung, N announced that taking care of Hongbin made him his new baby. Leo stared at him then turned and looked desperately at Ravi, the other however shook his head, “Sorry, Leo, can’t help you there. Anyway, Hongbin is nice! And joining us shouldn’t be a problem, right?” Hongbin nodded dutifully, “Thank you so much, hyung!” After shooting Ravi and the oldest a hurt look, Leo turned to sulk and poke his food.

“Well then, welcome to the club!” N exclaimed.

Are you serious?

 

Evening

WAS THE UNIVERSE AGAINST HIM?! Leo felt like ripping out his hair, had the universe conspired to make his greatest wish: keeping distance from Hongbin, impossible?!

He found himself walking side by side the new boy, who still hadn’t dropped his smile, out of school. No matter how fast he walked or how slow, the other’s smile just grew larger and kept pace with him. What a brat! ”Hyung, I heard from N you were headed to the park!” Hongbin said, Leo made a mental note to strangle the grey haired the next chance he got, his football practice was near the park, but how dare he tell that to Hongbin.

 Since Leo didn’t reply Hongbin continued, “I’m heading the same way, my brother goes to a school near there! Let’s go together!“ No, shot through Leo’s head, but he stubbornly marched on, Hongbin jogged to catch up with him, still smiling.

Universe, why?!

 

For Hongbin things couldn’t have gone better, he had eaten lunch with and was now walking next to this intrueging boy he fancied, everything was going his way.

~le wavely flashback before N dragged Hongbin to the cafeteria~

“Hongbin-ah! Over here!” Hongbin’S ears barely heard the voice of N over the sound of all the girls surrounding him, it was like a heavenly signal as Ravi’s long arm reached over the girls and plucked the new boy out of the crowd, “Sorry girls, he promised to eat lunch with us” The girls awed and tried some aegyo at the sight of Ravi, N smirked at the fact that none of them knew but the guy they were all ogling now, was his.

The grey haired grabbed Hongbin’s arm and they walked out of hearing range of the female students. “Thank you so much, hyung!” Hongbin said immediately, N cocked his head, “Not a problem..? Wait, don’t you like that attention?” Vigerously shaking his head, Hongbin told him, “No, I cannot stand it, they mean good but the attention, no, no I’d gladly go without that! They should follow someone else!” “Well you are new meat, they want to try you.” “I wish they wouldn’t…” Hongbin’s smile sank a little but he caught himself and it was back to it’s shining glory, “Well anyway, hyung, you said something about lunch?!” “Oh, right! I’m going to quickly show you where to get the food. Ravi, you get Leo and make sure he doesn’t make a run for it.” Ravi nodded and set off to his task.

As they had gone to the queue for food, N had bombarded the younger with questions, “Why don’t you like the attention? A fellow as handsome as you could get all the girls he wants, right?” Hongbin smiled and replied, “Maybe, but I’d rather not attract attention just because of my looks. They shouldn’t just go for looks…” “But good looks do help in that situation,” N joked and the other had to laugh. At that moment Hongbin’s phone rang and he saw he had a sms.

 “Who is it?” N asked curious, Hongbin checked the message quickly, “It is from my brother, Hyuk. Hyung, do you know how I can get to the the Blue Cross Middle School from here?” After thinking for a moment, N said, “Ya, go to the park, hmm I don’t have time to show you where it is. Ravi has an appointment after school, maybe Leo could- Ah yes, follow Leo! He has somewhere to be just past the park!”

~end le flashback~

Thank you universe, Hongbin thought, smiling so broadly, that after Leo and he parted ways -more like Leo had pointed at the park and then marched off to whereever he was going, leaving Hongbin just smiling at his retreating back- and he had met Hyuk. His brother had given him a strange look and asked what had happened to make him so happy. He could only laugh and promise to tell Hyuk what is was,once he figured it out for himself. But he knew it had something to do with the silent, black haired.

Thank you.