Chapter 22

The Royals

"Okay, so let's just split up the jobs as we've previously decided.. I think we should go back near our camp site so when our parents come they can find us quicker!" Youngjae ordered. 

Everyone nodded and moved towards the camp site. It was weird, the fact that their parents wasn't there yet. They should've been there ages ago, but they were no where to be found. As everyone travelled towards the camp site Ahra and Minjoo heard and saw the dark creatures, and in the middle of the dark creatures Ahra saw a man. That must be Youngjae's uncle. And Minjoo heard the creatures, and heard something extra. Minjoo. I told you to come by my side, why are you so stubborn? Why are you ignoring my words? I know you can hear me. 

"I see them." Ahra announced.

"They're stationed by the camp site, we're walking right into them. And.." She looked at Youngjae.. "Your uncle is there too.." 

Youngjae focus for a moment, and kept walking. "Okay good. How many of them are there?"

"A lot, too many to count. I don't know if we can fight them all off." 

"We can, and we will. Just as we planned. Don't worry." 

Minjoo, listen to me. I saw what you did when we last met, you too like my brother have two powers. If Youngjae knows he too will jealous. That's when he'll join me and fight you. But if you join me too, we'll all be on the same side. Minjoo just join my side. 

Minjoo bit her lip, and tensed up. Youngjae.. What should I do. It's true, that Youngjae may be jealous.. But really I don't even want double powers. Family is more important than any power I could ever have. What should I do.. I can't join uncle, but I can't let Youngjae join uncle. Not even the thought of joining him. Mark noticed and held her hand, he wasn't sure if it was her nerves or if there was something more. Oh Mark.. Minjoo smiled at Mark, once again feeling the electric shock going through her body, she was sure this time, this feeling only happened when Mark touched her. This time she was sure there was something in him, something that was different. She loved being by his side, as he always made her feel better no matter what, Minjoo held his hand tighter, she liked the feeling of being with him. She felt, safe. 

They moved closer to the camp site, and from afar they could see a group of dark creatures. Everyone began getting ready, clutching their weapons tighter. 

"Be ready, they're ready to attack us too." Youngjae said. 

Everyone nodded, they knew it was time. It was time to fight all the dark creatures.. They got close and the fight began. Everyone began doing what they were meant to do, Ahra and Minjoo was shouting giving directions as to where the creatures were coming from. Minjoo started to learn the demon language, she started making out words and was more confident. Jackson and the others used their powers and kept the creatures occupied, since they weren't near the water Youngjae, Mark and Jiwon were running around slashing and killing every creature that came in their way. 

"It's working, the creatures, many of them are dying." Ahra said as she smiled. 

As they fought they moved closer to the middle, the area where Minjoo and Youngjae's uncle was. Suddenly they heard a loud roar.. The creatures stopped fighting, most of them moved back behind the circle they previously formed exposing Minjoo and Youngjae's uncle. And others. Everyone was shocked, they saw their parents. That was where their parents had been the whole time. They were captured. The werewolves surrounded their parents, everyone didn't know what to do. They saw their beloved parents being trapped, and yet they couldn't do anything as one move could kill their parents. 

"Uncle.." Youngjae began to speak.

"What are you doing..? Why did you capture our parents? You like us, are a Royal, this is not how you treat family." Youngjae continued.

"I was once like you, however since your father banished me I am no longer a Royal. I. Am the ruler, the ruler of these creatures. Your father, banished me with the powers he had. He treated his family poorly, so why should I treat him the same?" 

"Uncle, my father treated you poorly because you betrayed him, us, your own kind. You ran to the evil." 

"I had no choice Youngjae. I wasn't going to go anywhere, your father, always so talented became the ruler of the area. The ruler of the group. He took the woman I loved, he took everything I ever wanted. What more do I have?" 

Youngjae stepped back.. What? My father did what? 

"Youngjae-ah.. I didn't take the woman he loved. Your mother never loved him, although they met first but your mother and I fell in love, it was love at first sight." 

"Shut up hyung. We were in love, before you came. It was the day, the day you met her and you changed her. I don't know what spell you casted on her, but she changed. You made her fall into your arms. She should've ended up with me." 

Youngjae couldn't understand the situation, he didn't know who was speaking the truth and who telling the lies. 

"Minjoo. I'm going to ask you one more time. Are you going to join me or not? If you do, I'll let your parents live as long as they come to my side too." 

Everyone looked at Minjoo. Minjoo clenched her fist, I don't know. I can't let anyone get hurt.. But I can't join the evil too. 


Sorry, I wanted to update earlier but I couldn't due to the workload at school..