Leave It To Fate

The Letter

 

It was a few days after you met Team B, and you thought your life was going pretty well, despite the fact that your parents are always busy, so you felt a little lonely. You tried to contact your old friends, the one that didn't cheat with your boyfriend, but they were somehow avoiding you too. You were always alone at home, and the international school isn't starting in another 2 weeks cause it was still term break, so, you had a handful of time to just relax. You felt restless being at home, you were an only child, so you really had no one. The only people you had were Team B but they only hung out with you cause they wanted to repay you. The debt, has been paid, why would they need to see you again. Besides, they don't know anything about you except for your name. You just couldn't stand staying at home, so you went out, alone. This time wasn't by bicycle, but you actually got your driver to send you there. You felt like walking and seeing sights, so you told your driver to send you to a park somewhere in Seoul. 

When you got there, the air was so fresh and you felt so free. Although, you were lonely, you had the wind to accompany you and the rays from the sun. You were pretty happy, to be surrounded by people walking their dogs, people jogging and the sound of children playing around. The birds were chirping, it was a nice feeling to be at the park. But for some reason you were feeling empty. You weren't sure what this feeling was but it was not happy. You were thinking how to cheer yourself up then you saw an ice cream stall. You bought a scoop of strawberry ice cream. You continued to walk around the park, until you suddenly heard someone calling you.

"HEY (YN)!" the voice said.

"NICE ICE CREAM YOU GOT THERE!" another voice followed it.

You turned around and saw a group of boys running towards you. You couldn't believe your luck, it was Team B! AGAIN! And they actually still remember you. 

"OH, WOW, HI guys! We meet again!" you said to them.

"Yeahh, I believe this is fate!" said Hanbin

You giggled and smiled to all of them.

"That ice cream really looks good." Bobby said

"Do you want some?" you offered Bobby

He the ice cream and gave a smile. 

"WOW, IT IS GOOD. I'm gonna go get one!" said Bobby before he left to go get ice cream. 

"Yaaa, Bobby! I want one too! Get me one!" Hanbin shouted to Bobby 

"ME TOO!" shouted Jinhwan

Bobby just turned around and gave a thumbs up while nodding his head, agreeing to buy them some. Then, he continued walking towards the ice cream man. 

"So (YN) how have you been?" Donghyuk asked. 

"Good!" you said smiling. You were trying to force that smile cause honestly deep down inside you weren't really that happy. You were with Team B! But you were thinking to yourself, why weren't you happy. 

The boys kinda stared at you. And you felt a bit shy and blushed. 

"You look so cute when you blush like that" Yunhyung said before laughing.

"Enough about me guys, so how are you all doing? Preparations doing good?" you said. 

"NOPEEE. NOPE.. ENOUGH about us okay. We wanna know about you. Tell us everything. " June insisted.

"What? Why would you know about me? I'm just a boring fangirl who loves you guys." you replied. 

"We know thats not all you are. Besides its not fair that you know all about us, and we know nothing about you. Just talk to us, like we're you're friends." Jinhwan said. 

You felt touched when you heard Jinhwan say the word friends. You just couldn't believe it. They probably weren't sincere. 

"Well.. Im just a typical girl. I go to an international school. Well just recently. Im an only child so it gets pretty lonely sometimes. Im on term break at the moment just waiting to start school again. And yeah, i love taking walks at parks and stuff like this." you said. You didn't know whether you wanted to be honest. You were just scared. You wanted to test yourself. See if you can make friends without them knowing you are rich. You got your old friends cause they knew you were loaded the moment you walked into the classroom. 

"What kind of house do you live in (YN)?" said June

"Err.. I live in an apartment. " you replied nervously 

"You know, I've had it. We know you've been lying to us. And to be honest I hate being lied to." June snapped.

"June! Stop it! What are you doing?!" Jinhwan shouted. 

"No! I've had enough of this. We followed you the other day, and we saw the house you lived in. You're rich! Just admit it. You don't need to lie to us! " June said. 

You were caught by surprise and you didn't know what to do. You suddenly felt tears in your eyes, and you just turned around and started running.

"June! I'm sure she has a reason to why she did that! Why did you snap?! LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!! " Hanbin yelled. 

You ran passed Bobby and you saw that he was shocked.

Bobby rejoined the group with ice cream.

"Alright gang, I got Ice Cream. I saw (YN) running.. what happened?" Bobby said 

"June happened. He just snapped! He went and told (YN) that we knew she was lying to us. Then she just ran." Donghyuk said. 

"What? Why would you do that? Don't you know how to talk to girls? You should... " Bobby said until he stopped abruptly cause June was no longer there listening to him. June ran off to chase after you. 

"I guess he read my mind.. I was just about to tell him to do that." Bobby said with a chuckle. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You stopped at a tree cause you were out of breath from running and crying. You were quite far away from the boys so they couldn't possibly find you. Suddenly uou heard a voice. 

"(YN)! (YN)! " June shouted
The voice was nearby, so you knew he was near. You had to apologise to him, so you walked out from behind the tree. June saw you and your heart dropped. You felt so bad. He walked towards you, and just as you were about to speak, he pulled you into his embrace. 
"(YN), I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Please forgive me." June said.

You felt so comfortable in his arms. You wanted that hug to last forever. Suddenly, you just started crying so much. 
"Please say you forgive me. Cry as much as you want, just say you forgive me." June said softly. 

"I forgive you." you said. 
You didn't think you deserved his apology so you gently pushed June to break the hug. You turned around to wipe your tears. 
"Actually, I'm the one who should be apologising. I shouldn't have lied to you. Even to the other boys. I know how it feels like to be lied to, and it isn't good. I'm so sorry." You said. 
Suddenly, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned around to face June. "I wanna tell you, the truth. I'm from a rich family. My parents own an international company so they're always not at home. I had friends before and they all betrayed me when I left for London. They were only friends with me for my money. They weren't genuine friends at all." you said.  "I had a boyfriend you know. But he cheated on me with my bestfriend. Out of all people." You continued with a smile of disbelief. "June, I'm not a liar. I've just been scarred by these people that I just can't seem to trust anyone anymore. I wanted to make friends who would like me for me, not for my money." you said. Then tears started dripping from your eyes. June reached out to your face and wiped it with his hands.

"(YN), I actually don't know why I felt so angry. I think its cause when I first met you I came to really like you and I thought you were really cool. I thought you were perfect, funny, pretty, but then I found out you lied. I guess I was just disappointed. But I shouldn't have snapped just now. I didn't know the whole story." June said. 

You just giggled and you wanted to brighten up the mood. "You really think I'm pretty?" you said while laughing. 
"What? I said that?" June said. 
You suddenly started laughing. 
"Especially now." he said. 
"What?" you said. 
Suddenly you felt June cup your face with his hands and his lips were against yours. 
You didn't know what you were feeling, but it felt right. You felt, happy.