Sun and Moon

Sun and Moon

Kai has never liked the moon.

Especially on nights where the full moon was out and shining beautifully, he'd stayed huddled up in a bunch of sheets trying his best to stay out of the moonlight. The moonlight was too pure for him, he could never bear staying in it without feeling guilty.

Sehun however has never liked the sun. Especially on days where the skies were clear and the sun was blazing hot, he'd pull the blinds and wear sunglasses even in the darkness to escape the little bits of sunlight. The sunlight was too dirty for him, he could never bear staying in it without feeling ashamed.

Whenever Kai was busy wrapped in between the sheets, Sehun would be up on the rooftop basking in moonlight. He'd dance as if there was no tomorrow. His back would arch ever so delicately as he twirled his fingers in the air. His feet would glide across the rough surface as if he was walking on air. No matter what the season or temperature, he'd feel safe being in the moonlight.

Whenever Sehun was busy being in sunglasses all the tume, Kai would be up on the rooftop basking in sunlight. He'd dance like the was no yesterday. His back would arch ever so delicately as he twirled his fingers in the air. His feet would glide across the rough surface as if he was walking on air. No matter what the season or temperature, he'd feel safe being in the sunlight.

So that one day when night became day for them and day became night for them, their routines went astray.

It haunts Sehun in his dreams whenever he shuts his eyes, Sehun was just Kai's toy, a thing he'd use when he was bored. Sehun was a broken boy, his blood tainted by gallons of alcohol and kilograms of . And he thought Kai had truly loved him when he was invited back to Kai's place that night after meeting at the club.

Kai felt guilty, making this pure boy give into his every needs. He took the dirty and put it into pure, tainting everything and anything he wanted.

Kai feels his heartstrings get pulled whenever he sees Sehun. Sehun was just Kai's toy. He was picked up from the side of a street and got pounded into that very night. He got his blood tainted the minute Kai shoved a bottle into his mouth and forced him to down it all with a gun by his temple.

Sehun felt ashamed, letting himself give into the dirty boy's needs. He put the pure right into the dirty, letting everything and anything of his get tainted.

He was ed in the bloody sun. He found calmness in the moonlight.

He ed him in the bloody sun. He found fear in the pure moonlight.

-

Yet again, Kai is hudled up in his bedsheets. Sehun wasn't lying on the bed beside him. He knew that the younger always went up onto the rooftop. He knew that he'd spend his time dancing away. He'd hear the light footsteps above him as if it were a lullaby for him to sleep.

One night, the drum beat called out to him. The moon was shining brightly, illuminating almost his whole room. He was crouched in a corner, trying to stay out of it. The drum beats grew louder. He pressed his palms to his ears, trying to get the hypnotic melody out of his system.

"Come to the rooftop," it seemed to say. "Come into the moonlight."

Kai threw the sheets off himself and ran out of the bedroom and up the cold marble steps. The drum beats became louder. His heart palpitated as perspiration travelled down his face and he flung the doors to the rooftop open.

There he stood with the moonlight shining down on him, the silver rays of purity lighting up his entire face. Sehun stopped dancing and turned around to see who else was up at the ungodly hour.

"You heard it didn't you?" Sehun asked and walked towards Kai, grabbing his hand to pull him further into the moonlight. The drum beats were now accompanied with a weird but addictive electrifying sound. Beats of electro. Kai tightened his grip on the younger's hand and they spun around.

"It calls out to me every night," Sehun said as he arched his back, not letting go of Kai's hand. "It makes me dance like there's no tomorrow."

Kai looked at the beautiful moving sculpture in front of him. The boy in a translucent white shirt and black leggings made delicate movements to suite the atmosphere casted in the moonlight. Kai pulled Sehun to his side and laid a hand on his face.

"You're so beautiful," he says as he pulled the material off Sehun's shoulder and placed soft kisses up to his jaw, as if he was supposed to do that all this while.

"Kai," Sehun whispered his name softly and tears fell, feeling the love he had longed so much from the tanned boy.

"I'll turn my days to nights for you, if that is what you want." Kai said and kissed Sehun like there was never a yesterday.

-

Yet again, Sehun has his sunglasses on in the midst of a dim unlit room. Kai wasn't lying on the bed beside him. He knew that the older always went up onto the rooftop. He knew that he'd spend his time dancing away. He'd hear the light footsteps above him as if it were a morning song to wake him up.

One morning, the electrifying beat he heard a few nights ago called out to him. The sun was shining brightly, it's rays creeping past the drawn blinds. He was sitting on the bed, waiting for the slim streaks of yellow to reach his feet so he could run away. The beats of electro grew louder.

"Come to the rooftop," it seemed to say. "Come into the sunlight."

Sehun looked around with the Ray Bans covering his eyes. No boom boxes. No radios. No speakers. But the music was getting louder. He got up from the bed and yanked the door open, following where the melody led him.

The door creaked open hesistantly as the yellow streaks finally hit Sehun's face. Kai stopped dancing and turned around to see who else was up right before noon.

"I hear things too," Kai said when he saw Sehun and walked towards him, grabbing his hand to pull him further into the sunlight, it's brilliant rays making Sehun glower.

The electro beats were now accompanied by the usual drum beats Sehun would hear every night. Sehun tightened his grip around Kai's hand and they spun around just like the night before.

"It calls out to me every morning," Kai said as he arched his back, not letting go of Sehun's hand. "It makes me dance like there was no yesterday."

Sehun looked at the beautiful moving sculpture in front of him. The boy in a translucent grey shirt and white leggings makes sharp, precise movements to suite the atmosphere casted in the sunlight. Sehun pulled Kai to his side and stared at him behind the shades.

"So now I know," Sehun whispered hotly into Kai's ears, taking off his Ray Bans. His eyes sparkled in the sunlight, a thing Kai had not seen in a long time. "I'm the moon and you're the sun."

"Yes and the two make a perfect combo, don't you think?" he asked and looked up into the sky where the sun was covered by white clouds. "I'll turn my nights to days for you, if that is what you want." Sehun whispered and kissed Kai like there was no tomorrow. And from then on when night became day for them and day became night for them, their never feared each other again.

-END-

 

A/N: Seriously, I wasn't even thinking right when writing this becuse I was too busy singing along to Sun & Moon (T-Mass Dubstep Remix). And the "sounds" Sehun and Kai heard came from this. Enjoy :D