Old Crush

Beauty and the Nerd

Minhee's pov 

It's already been two days. I'm so tired. I'm sitting in my office when I could be back in Seoul. Laughing and hanging out with all my friends. Work always gets in the way! 

I've been drawing designs for the last three hours. If I continue, my arm will soon break off. Jonghyun sure has been no help. He just barges into my office and drags me out to go hangout with him. I'll never get anything done with him around. 

A knock came from my door. "Come in.'' I said. My securtary walks in. ''Would you care for some tea Ms.Kim?" She asked. Tea would help me sooth my mind a bit but what I really need is coffee. "I would love some. Thank you very much." She set the tea on my desk. "Ms.Kim, you have been drawing since this morning. I suggest you take a break." She said. A break would be really nice right now but I'm behind. 

''Trust me, if I could have a break, I would. I'm too far behind. If I take a break then I would have to start again tomorrow and I have a meeting to attend tomorrow." I told her. I brushed the hair out of my face and continued drawing. "I understand." She bowed and left the room. 

 

It was already 8:00 pm at night. I think I had enough for the day. I grabbed my sketches and placed them in my folder for tomorrow's meeting. I was about to leave but my phone vibrated. 

 

Baekhyun: Hello Minhee! We all miss you here. 

Me: Awww I miss you guys too. Working here isn't the best thing. I'm so tired. 

Baekhyun: Poor you. Are you going to tell your mom that you don't want to run the company? 

Me: I'm not very sure yet. I really want to help my mom but I also don't want to do this. I want to focus on being young and school.

Baekhyun: I wish I can help you but I don't know what to do. 

Minhee: It's alright. I need to get some sleep. I'll see you when I come back in a couple of days. 

Baekhyun: Alright! We'll see you soon! 

I smiled and placed my phone in my purse and headed out the door.

 

Work has been killing me. I can't do this anymore. I have to tell my mom that I can't go through with this. I have to. She would understand right?

I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and got off the bed and picked it up. 

Twelve miss calls from Hana. I redialed her number. 

"Minhee...." I heard her on the line. I heared sniffling noises. "Minhee-ah..." Her voice is soft. She isn't like this. Theres is something wrong. 

"Hana, what's wrong. Hana tell me is there something wrong?" I asked her. I'm starting to be very worried. 

I just hear her sniffling on the other side of the line. 

"Baekhyun." When I heard her say Baekhyun, I started to feel scared. "Hana! What's wrong?! What happened?! Where's Baekhyun?!" I started to scream. "Baekhyun....is hurt." She said. "What do you mean he's hurt?!" 

"He was walking home from school when he saw this girl that was crossing the street when a car speeded up to her and he saw that she ws about to get hit so he shoved her out of the way." Hana explained. "Hana, I'm going back. I'll see you in Seoul in two days." I told her.  "Hurry Minhee. The doctor said Baekhyun has a small chance of surviving. He lost too much blood after he was hit. Hurry Minhee!" I cried and fell to my knees. Baekhyun got hurt and I wasn't there to take care of him. 

I finally arrived in Seoul. I called my butler to come pick me up right away and drove me to the hospital. 

When I got there, I ran inside. I didn't care that I was wearing six inch heels and that I might fall and hurt myself. I rather be hurt then leave Baekhyun alone.

"Excuse me nurse but what room is Byun Baekhyun in?!" I panted. She checked her computer. "He is in room 121" She told me. I bowed and ran down the hall. 119.120.121! I was about the open the door but then I saw a girl kneeling next to Baekhyun who was laying lifelessly on the bed. She wasn't Hana or any of my friends. I've never seen her before.

I was about to lean in closer when someone grabbed my arm. Sehun. 

"Sehun-ah." I teared up. "What happened?!" I cried. Sehun pulled me into a hug. "Minhee-ah. Don't cry. Baekhyun hyung will be okay. He's strong." Sehun noticed I was crying. 

He pulled me out of the hug and wiped my tears with his thumb. "Don't cry. Baekhyun will be sad if you cry." Sehun said. I sniffed up my tears and stopped crying. 

"Sehun, when I looked into the window of Baekhyun's room, who was that girl?" I asked. 

Sehun sighed. "She is the girl that Baekhyun saved. She actually has a crush on Baekhyun. For a couple of years now but Baekhyun never liked her back." I nodded. I kind of feel sad inside that she's with Baekhyun and I'm not. 

"Minhee-ah. Let me take you home. It's getting late." Sehun said. 

Sehun is right. But I can't leave Baekhyun here by himself. "It's okay Sehun. I would like to stay here with Baekhyun." I told him. He smiled and nodded. "Baekhyun is lucky to have such a pretty girl worry about him." I blushed and lightly punched his chest. He chuckled and headed home. 

I made my way into Baekhyun's room. 

The girl is still here. She sees me come in and stares at me. "Hi. I'm Baekhyun's friend. Minhee." I told her. 

"Hi.." She stuttered. "I'm Tiffany..." I noticed her eyes are red and puffy. It seems like she's been crying. "How long have you been here?" I asked her. She looked like she never got any sleep.

"Since 5:00 A.M." She said. 

"You must really care about Baekhyun." I said to her. "Of course. Baekhyun is a good friend of mine and he saved me." She sounded like she was going to break into tears. "You like Baekhyun so I have heard?" I asked.

She slowly nodded. "May I ask how you two met?" I asked. 

"Baekhyun and I use to go to the same school together in middle school. When I first saw Baekhyun, I thought we were meant to be. Baekhyun was always so nice to me. I thought he liked me back but he likes another girl. He liked the most popular girl in our school. She was kind and great at everything. When he started to become friends with her, I was just a stranger to him. I never gave up on Baekhyun though." She said. 

I felt a slight pain in my chest hearing how much Tiffany cares for Baekhyun. What suddenly got into me? 

"Oh. I'm sorry he didn't like you back. I'm sure he will soon." The pain came back when I said that. 

"Minhee?" She asked. I looked up. "Please take care of Baekhyun. He's important to me and I know you will take good care of him. You remind me of the girl Baekhyun use to like. She was kind and pretty just like you." Tiffany said. 

"I will take care of Baekhyun. Don't worry." I assured her. Tiffany smiled.