Chapter 9

Dark Side of the Moon

Hongbin’s POV

 

    I hissed in pain slightly, pulling out the knife that had been lodged in my rib cage and chucked it at the ground.

“,” I spat out at Jongin, who was recovering against a wall, before making my way towards Ji-hyo who was sprawled on the floor.

    “OH MY GOD!” I Taehee was screaming hysterically.

    “Taehee please, calm down,” Ravi pressed his hands over his ears, his head probably pounding. I didn’t envy his empathic abilities in the slightest.

    “CALM DOWN? YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN? THAT GUY’S EYES WERE FREAKING GLOWING AND HE NEARLY MURDERED KAI OVER THERE. AND THIS DOFUS HERE PULLED A KNIFE, I REPEAT A KNIFE, OUT OF HIS RIBCAGE AND IS LIKE ‘I’VE HAD WORSE.’ AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?” Ravi winced at her screams, and finally just left the room, stumbling a little bit and clutching his head. Leo placed his hand on Taehee’s shoulder, a gesture that was supposed to be calming, but the girl spun around, locked her leg under Leo’s ankle, and pulled him down in one swift gesture. He hit the ground with a slight groan, remaining motionless as Taehee began to enter hysterics. It was when she started choking for breathe that he stood up, tripping her backwards so that she would fall into him. His arms s around her, pulling her to his chest as he whispered into her ear.

    “Shhh, it’s ok. See? Hongbin is fine, and Ji-hyo is going to be fine too. Take deep breaths, ok?” She let out a broken sob, but her breathing returned to normal. Suji observed the entire ordeal from the sidelines, head hanging low now that it had been more or less resolved. I shot her a look as I gather the collapsed Ji-hyo into my arms and stood up. I sighed, this situation was completely out of my control.

    “Why don’t you just tell them?” Jongin pipped up throwing off the debre that rested on his body.

    I blinked. Then I blinked again. Wait, he’s serious?

    “You are proposing, that I tell a couple of teenage girls a thousand year old secret?” He looked at me wide-eyed and then proceeded to roll them.

    “I don’t see why not. I highly doubt they’re normal considering they’re good friends with a demon and one of them is unresponsive to demonic powers.” Suji hissed at this.

“You’re an idiot!” She roared in Jongin’s direction. “They can’t  know i’m a….” She stopped, not saying the last word. Jongin laughed.

“Oh sweetheart, are you in denial?” He taunted her while her anger rose, and

I could feel the pressure that emulated from her body.

“Jongin…” I warned him. I already saw what Suji was capable of, but this time it felt stronger. Obviously she had been holding back, even last night.

“What? I think it’s funny, that this thinks she’s better than us when she’s just like us. A demon,” I sighed, not surprised at all when her hands were suddenly around Jongin’s throat.

“Listen , do not compare me to lowlifes like yourselfs. I am not ing like you,” I had no time to ponder it any further as Ji-hyo stirred on the sofa, her eyes fluttering open in confusion. Then it all came back and she paled, letting out a shrill scream. Then her eyes landed on me and it cut off abruptly.

 

    “You, you’re...” she trailed off, running her eyes over my frame and bloodstained clothes. No wound showed through on my skin, and I saw confusion wrack her frame. “That’s not possible...I was sure....”

    “Ji-hyo?” I started, unsure of whether to proceed. Her eyes snapped to mine.

    “How the hell are you fine after that?” she asked, her voice taking on an angry tone. I threw caution to the wind.

    “Ji-hyo... I’m not human.” She didn’t react. In fact, she didn’t even move. Not a facial muscle twitched. Then she released a sigh that stretched for what seemed to be thirty seconds and opened .

    “Okay,” was all she said.

    “Okay?” I asked, highly confused by her reaction.

    “Okay. I mean, there’s no way you could be with all thats happened here.” She moved her body to a sitting position, so she could look at us more directly. “I assume the rest of you aren’t either, right?” We all stared at her blankly. She was taking this well. Too well. “Why are you guys looking at me like I’m about to go into shock or something?”

    “That actually seems likely at the moment,” joked Ken. “Are you sure you don’t need a stretcher or anything?”

    “Nah,” she said, and stood up. But as soon as her feet came in contact with the carpet, her eyes rolled back and she fell backwards. I snarled. Stupid girl. I caught her half a second before her head came in contact with the glass coffee table, lifting her so that she was securely in my arms. She had managed to lose consciousness twice in the time span of half an hour, which was definitely not good for her or for me. Taehee had frozen in Leo’s arms, and Suji looked like she was ready to launch herself and rip my throat out.

    “You,” hissed Suji from between clenched teeth. “Do you realize what you have just done?”

    “Well what was I supposed to do?” I asked, feeling a sarcastic tone make its way into my voice. “I don’t suppose you have handy memory erasing powers or anything?” The murderous expression twisted into a grimace.

    “Still,” she insisted. “That was the most stupid thing you could have done. I’m not even going to get started on the fact that Ji-hyo was not the only person you have informed.” A glance backwards showed a Taehee so pale, she could easily have passed as a ghost. Slowly, Leo and Ken’s combined efforts, guided the girl to a chair, into which she promptly plopped herself down, eyes staring into nothing. Suji walked up to her, waving a hand in front of the girl’s eyes, but she didn’t react. “You and I need to have a lengthy discussion later,” she growled, throwing a glare at me over her shoulder. Jongin began to saunter over to us, each step embodied with so much swagger, it took all I had not to drop Ji-hyo and break his stupid nose. He stopped so close to me I had to hold my breath and remind myself of the girl in my arms to restrain myself. Then his hand was on my shoulder, and his mouth next to my ear.

    “Wow. I didn’t think you would be enough of an idiot to actually follow through with my suggestion,” he said, trailing his fingers along my arm and walking away, snickering under his breath. I felt a growl rip its way out of my throat, but before I could do anything, he was gone, the door swinging behind him. Suji glanced in our direction, and sighed resignedly.

    “Go take Ji-hyo to bed. I’ll clean up here.” I nodded in agreement, adjusting my hold under Ji-hyo’s legs and around her shoulders. Suji pushed me towards the guest bedroom with force as I stumbled into the room confused.

    “What the hell-” I started, but she cut me off.

 

Suji’s POV

 

    I was mad, or at least I thought I was. A surge of emotions ran through my body. I felt relief being lifted off, but at the same I could cry and murder the idiot that stood in front of me. “H-How could you…?” I tried yelling, but it came out as a stutter and a question.

    “Seriously, what else was I supposed to do? Besides, she doesn’t seem to really care-”

    “That doesn’t matter!” I yelled, choking back tears that threatened to drop from my eyes. “I care-”

    “S-suji?” He suddenly began to feel bad, reach out towards me.

    “Do you honestly think that I asked to be this way!? Why the hell would I want to be something disgusting like you!” I screamed, the anger getting ahold of me. “I just wanted to be normal!”

    “Wait. Are you saying that you-”

    “Yes. I was turned into this monster against my will when i was 16,” I mumbled, feeling the tears slip out of my eyes. The memories hurt more than anything.

    “You’re...only a half blood?!” He asked, his eye bulging out in shock. “H-how? You’re so strong, though! How can you only be a half blood?” I shrugged, I always assumed that my powers were average, considering I was only turned 4 years ago. “H-how though?”

    “He told me he loved me,” I started off, trying to control the stream of tears that flowed off my face. “I-I trusted him, and didn’t think of it too much when he refused to meet me at night. I just figured he wasn’t a night person...I didn’t expect to wake up chained to a chair...and when he did those t-things...I” I stopped as I crumbled to the floor, clutching my head. The memories burned, and my breath became shallow. I didn’t know what happening, but I felt like the room was spinning. I couldn’t breathe and I choked for air, my heart racing fast. And then there was darkness.

    “SUJI?!”

 

A/N:

*hides* 

Please don't kill us. This took waaaaaaaaaay longer than we thought it would. Sorry >.< we had writer's block. So this is chapter...9? Yeah, 9. 

The plot is finally moving, which is good. 

Anyways.....Hope you guys enjoyed!

Forgive us?

(bribe)

~Nel and Pika

P.S. If you haven't noticed yet, yes, we love cliffhangers