Chapter 7

Dark Side of the Moon



 

Ji-Hyo’s POV


 

            I stirred in my sleep as my eyes began to flutter open. As soon as my brain begins to function, familiar and barely audible screaming echoed through my ears. I knew it was Taehee. I could recognize her screaming from miles away, after all, being her roommate one becomes used to waking up at her screaming something. I glanced around the room, remembering that I had fallen asleep next to Hongbin but looking to the side it became evident he was nowhere to be found. I walked towards the source of the increasingly clear screams stretching my arms over my head and yawning.

            “Just because you’re extremely good looking doesn’t mean anything to me!” Tahee yelled. “Tell me what the hell happened!” I walked in, rubbing the sleep from my eyes so I could see  at least somewhat clearly. Taehee was repeatedly stabbing her finger into a (for some reason) bare chested N.

            “Look sweetheart, just calm down” N tried reasoning with her but she put her hand up.

            “Nope! You are not going to distract me with your shirtlessness…” She glanced over at him again before quickly looking away. “I refuse to fall prey to you! Tell me what happened!” She demanded. Hongbin, whose shirt was also in an unknown location, walked over to her.

            “Taehee, please. Let us cook breakfast and then try to shed some light on the situation. Just, “ he paused. “Make yourself comfortable while we get dressed. Leo, can you start on breakfast?” He called over to Leo (who actually had a shirt on) was sprawled in a large armchair, and the other nodded as he stood up and walked away. Taehee crossed her arms, fuming as N walked out the door. Hongbin followed suit, but not before he sent me a wink that made me shift uncomfortably. I gave the distraught Taehee a hug and she sobbed in an over dramatic fashion into my shoulder. I laughed, pushing her away from me, but grabbing her hand and dragging her to the kitchen where I could begin to smell something being cooked. It was somewhat spicy, and I leaned my head over the stove to see what was being boiled in the pot. It was ramen. These people ate ramen for breakfast. Hongbin chose that moment to reappear, seeing the expression on my face.

            “Don’t knock it ‘til you try it. Leo-hyung’s ramen is the best.” I made a face. Spicy food often didn’t settle well with me, and I had no idea how it would fare if I had any in the morning. I opened the fridge with the hopes of finding an alternative, but it was empty spare a carton of milk and couple tomatoes. Hongbin watched with amusement as I scoured the place, but found nothing more than packets upon packets of ramen noodles. Exasperated, I gestured wildly at the room.

            “Is the kitchen just here for decorative purposes?” Hongbin leaned on the counter with an amused smile.

            “I guess you could say that,” he answered, handing packets of flavoring to Leo who added it to the pot, stirring vigorously. I gave him a funny look. They really were odd. Suji walked into the room in black shorts and white long sleeved blouse, pulling me behind her as she bustled around the kitchen in an attempt to help Leo with the cooking. She could never sit still when others cooked, mostly because she was usually better at it. But after a couple seconds of observing, she moved back and sat at the dining table. I joined her.

            “Is he really that good?” she shrugged.

            “He’s not bad.” Coming from Suji, that was about as much praise as one could get. I felt my eyebrows ride up as Leo carried the pot of ramen and smacked it onto a cooling rack at the center of the table. As if summoned by the devil, more of them appeared. The blonde one who’s name I know now to be Ravi was the first to show up. He slid into the seat on my right with a friendly smile. Hongbin sat across from me, and Leo sat on his left. N cuddled up with Leo as if they were best friends, taking the seat on Leo’s other side, but still more people filed in. A younger looking boy with long hair sat next to Suji. On his other side sat Taehee, and next to her sat a tall, good looking guy with a friendly smile. Before I could even blink, half of the ramen was gone, the boys desperately shoveling it into their mouths. Leo cleared his throat, and they reluctantly gave some of it up to me. I looked at it sceptically. It really didn’t look that good. In a slow, hesitant moment, I put a spoonful in my mouth. It burned, but once I got past the spicy taste, it really was quite good. Eagerly, I began to eat, until my plate was scraped clean. The entire table was practically rolling in a feeling of contentment; even Leo had a pleased smile on his face. But then Taehee spoke up.

            “So, does anyone plan to tell us what the hell happened yesterday?” All of them looked away, as if pained by her question. Hongbin carefully began to answer.

            “We were, ummmm, visiting an old friend yesterday, when we ran into a bit of trouble at the club. Some kid we had known from high school decided to pick a fight and well, after he ran away scared he brought some friends.” Taehee scoffed.

            “Uhuh, and birds will fly.”

            “Umm, Taehee?” I whispered. “Birds can fly.” She waved me off.

            “You get my point.” I did get her point. “That story’s crap. Even I can tell. Besides, that doesn’t explain why I passed out and was suddenly in someone elses room!” N reached across Leo and patted Hongbin’s shoulder.

            “You tried,” he said. Suji looked vaguely amused.

            “In any case,” I interrupted, “we would like to know what is going on.”

            “Look,” said the boy next to Taehee. “Can’t we just forget all this happened?”

            “And what?” I answered. “Go back to pretending I don’t know anything again? Spend the entire day contemplating what the hell those tattoos were?” Hongbin looked like he was about to say something, but I cut him off. “Don’t you dare say a word. I’ve seen them twice now, there’s no way in hell the tattoos don’t belong to you.” His jaw shut with a clink and he narrowed his eyes.

            “And what exactly do you want to know?” he growled, tone turning threatening. I put on a brave facade.

            “First, what kind of emergency involves going to a club.”

            “I already told you. We were visiting a friend.”

            “Bull. What kind of person would like you to visit them in a club? What kind of person would start a fight in a club where the bouncers watch your every move like hawks? And then there’s the matter of the tribal art it seems not only Hongbin, but all of you seem to have? Don’t think I didn’t notice how you just seem to appear in front of me either, or how Taehee just collapsed all of a sudden and then me.” I paused for breath, a bit shocked at my own revelations. I looked up, not as shocked as I should have been at the way Hongbin’s eyes glowed like embers. “What the hell are you?”

A/N

Wow I feel like we haven't updated in forever. Good news though: long break coming up which means more chapters!

Subscribe?

~Nel and Pika