Chapter 8

Dark Side of the Moon

Hongbin’s POV

           

            I was becoming progressively more irritated the more questions they asked. It seemed that we couldn’t hide it anymore, but it was important that we try to keep it a secret for as long as we possibly could. The situation abruptly turned from crucial to life threatening as he appeared.

He couldn’t have picked a better time to drop by, with my blood heating to a boiling point.

            “Hey! Is breakfast ready?” My hand came up to cover my face as I felt a headache begin to surface. The three girls turned their heads at the familiar voice, eyes wide, and the whole situation went to hell. Ha, I’m so clever.  

            “Jongin? What the hell are you doing here?” Ji-Hyo asked, a shocked expression upon her face. I sat in silence, beyond done with the entire situation. I simply had no idea what to do anymore.

            “Ji-Hyo? Are you here to confess your undying love for me?” He gave his signature smirk, leaning against the doorway. She rolled her eyes in response, Suji stepping in front of her protectively with arms crossed as a fascinated look appeared in Taehee’s eyes. Figures: she was the one human who could find amusement no matter the situation.I could feel Leo tense with every passing moment, and the table fell silent with no one knowing what to do or what to say.

            “Should we just tell them?” Ravi suggested, but in response received five glares from the rest of the members. “What!?” he defended himself. “We really don’t have a choice anymore,” he finished, shrugging his shoulders carelessly returning to laying on the table.

            “Wait, what the hell is going on?” Jongin asked, now confused at the direction the conversation had taken. “What the hell did you guys do this time?” His smirk grew wider. My hands balled tightly into fists, my nails digging into my skin with anger and frustration. Jongin always derived pleasure from when we messed up or made a mistake and would never let us forget afterwards. Family or not, I hated his guts.

            “Jongin, why don’t you just shut the up and go away. This doesn’t concern you,” I spat out, slamming my fist into the table. The fury that had stayed hidden inside for the past hour came out as I thought about the situation and the frustration I held at myself for getting everyone into this mess.

            “Why so angry Hongbin? That isn’t even your sin.” Jongin’s lips remained curved in a mocking smile and his eyes drifted closed, portraying the image of a self-satisfied cat at the reaction that came from me. Leo’s tenseness began to slip into loathing and anger, while the rest of us simply froze, nerves strained and bodies ready for action. “Oh come now,” Jongin taunted. “Don’t look so tense. Surely the six of you should be able to take on one measly little boy?”

            “Shut your mouth, Jongin,” barked N. “We don’t want any trouble.”

            “We don’t want any trouble?” he snorted.  “Have you been watching too many dramas recently, Hakyeon? I mean, how cliché can you get.”

            “Our whole situation is cliché,” muttered Ken from somewhere behind me.

This...wasn’t going to end well. While it was true that our powers were weakened when the sun came up, it didn’t mean that we were completely useless. Leo’s patience was precariously dancing on the edge, ready to snap at any moment and start a fight between us and Jongin. It wasn’t unusual, fights with Jongin happened daily. They did not, however, include two mortal girls trying to figure out what we are. At this rate, they were about to find out.


 

Ji-Hyo’s POV


 

            It happened so fast. One moment Jongin is talking with Hongbin, then the next he’s across the room his body collapsed on top of what used to be a chair. Leo stood where Jongin once stood, breathing heavily. His eyes glowed a color so demonically red, it could only be described as the color of blood. The color flowed sickeningly, unexpectedly fluid and nauseating. Nauseating, that was the word. His aura felt like one of war: it screamed of danger, of pain and violence that so harshly contrasted from his usual demeanor that none of us dared to move even a finger. His head turned slowly back to face the one he had attacked. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hongbin practically glue his face to the table as his hands pulled harshly at his hair.

            “Wow, are we really going to fight in front of the ladies?” Jongin had stood up, wiping a trail of blood that dripped from the corner of his lips. Part of the broken chair went flying through the air at a breakneck speed, jagged edges heading threateningly towards Leo. With a motion so swift it was nearly invisible, Leo’s hand caught the piece of wood, and with minimum pressure from his fingers, left splinters fluttering slowly down to embed themselves in the carpet. Then he pivoted and launched himself at the other, animalistic growls leaving his throat as his fist came in contact with Jongin’s nose. In response, he promptly elbowed Leo in the gut, briefly knocking the air out of him and leaving him dazed on the ground. Something changed. The aura surrounding Leo grew stronger, until it beat me down to my knees with raw power. From where there was nothing but clear skin, black designs appeared, emanating a dark red glow that pulsed with his every breath. Before I had time to blink, Jongin was pinned against the wall by his throat, legs dangling recklessly in an attempt to dislodge it. The red glow flashed over him, opening wounds up and down his arms and torso from which blood trickled with his every movement. I felt my own breathing begin to stop as his face turned a flushed red color from the lack of air.

Hongbin muttered something under his breath, snorted through his nose, and slowly pulled himself out of the chair. With slow and determined steps, he stopped behind Leo, harshly pulling the other’s long hair to bring him down to eye level. A snarl erupted from Leo’s lips and his hand came up threateningly, dropping Jongin, but Hongbin caught it before it could do any damage.

            “You listen to me,” he muttered lowly to Leo, giving him a threatening glare. “It will not be tolerated if someone got badly hurt today. Even more so in the risky situation we are in currently.” His word’s made no sense to me, but a light of understanding appeared in Leo’s eyes. Slowly, the other nodded, the red color of his eyes dulling back to it’s original brow. The black tattoos remained visible, a stark reminder of what had happened only seconds before, though they no longer radiated the threatening tone. Hongbin patted his back in approval, and Leo made his way back to the table. Jongin pulled himself up from where he had collapsed on the ground, no evidence of any wounds on him. How the hell had they managed to disappear already? I’m certain just a minute ago he was bleeding badly enough to die.

            “,” muttered Jongin quietly, but loud enough for Hongbin to hear it. Hell froze over as everyone in the room froze again, the three of us going even stiffer if that was physically possible. Hongbin’s head turned, eyes narrowing to look Jongin in the eye as the other stood confidently with his head held high.

            “Would you like to settle this outside,” Hongbin hissed, “Jongin?”

            “Nope,” the other lilted. “I’ll settle this right here.” And with those words, a knife appeared in Hongbin’s ribs and I felt my eyes roll back.

A/N:

Hey guys. *hides*

Yeah, so, Cliffhanger. Nope, not sorry.

*hides again*

Sorry for not updating, we got busy with school. We'll update more soon, I promise! 

On another note, happy valentines day! 

Please comment and subscribe <3

~Nel and Pika