Chapter Seven

49 Days

Chapter Seven

"You're back." Juah said in an annoying tone when she felt Daehyun's presence.

Daehyun felt a little ticked, "I'm older then you. You should respect me! Have some manners will you?"

"You are dead." Juah pointed out. "There is nothing to live for after you are dead. No love, no life, no dreams. No nothing!"

"Do you think that I wanted to have this position in the first place?" Daehyun said out of frusteration, "I died! I remember that, but I don't remember how and why. I don't remember my family, I don't remember my life, and I surely don't remember who I am but my name! Do you know how lonely it gets? Have you ever thought what dead people like me, who takes the souls of other people feel like? They hate you. They absolutely hate you. Or the fact that you walk around the streets that living people walk on and no one notices you? I see them and they don't. I'm nothing!"

"How should I know?" Juah yelled back, "There should be a reason why you are in that position in the first place! Maybe you killed innocent people! Or you had some grudge and got this postion to have revenge!"

"I never had grudges against anyone!" 

"How do you know that?" Juah said, "You said you didn't remember anything before you died but your name? How do you know that you had no grudge or killed anyone? Maybe you did kill someone! You tried to injure my own brother!"

"You know that I can't kill someone!" Daehyun screamed back, "I didn't want to hurt anyone! You were being so stubborn! I never had anyone like you. Others would normally ignore me, cry, or even try not to sleep so they could get rid of me. Is there a problem that you were different from others and I have something connected with you?"

" Now why would you have a connection towards me?" Juah questions, "Are you sure it's not just because of the fact that you are to take my life away?"

Daehyun ruffled his head out of frusteration. "I told you! I never wanted this to begin with! It is not my fault that everytime the person goes to sleep I get into this flame and burst in front of the person."

"Even if you are dead, no one can tell you what to do because you are the main character of your own life." Juah reasoned, "You've already been able to leave when you want when you were with me. It's your choice if you want to show up or not. Now, please leave! I don't want to see you right now."

"Juah! Juah, wake up!" Jungsoo lightly shook Juah. When he woke up, few of the members left for their own schedule and when he went to check up on Juah, she was sweating and shaking. Juah's shot open and she looked around the room only to find a worried Jungsoo. "Are you okay?"

Juah nodded. She sat up and faced her boyfriend. "Just a bad dream. It's not going away. Maybe I'm too stressed."

Jungsoo sighed, "I was worried. Come on, it's already noon. Let's have lunch." He helped Juah out of the bed and the two walked to the kitchen. Siwon, Sungmin, Hangeng, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun were in the kitchen already eating. Juah assumed that the others were on their schedule like Jungsoo had told her.

Juah sat down and waited for Jungsoo to bring her plate of food, however when she looked at the members that were at the table, she saw them giggle at her, whispering things into each other's ears. Juah pouted wondering what they were talking about but soon smiled when her food arried. "Thank you Jungsoo."

"What's the good news." Juah asked as she took a bite out of her food. "All of you seem happy. Especially you Jungsoo."

The five members snickered. The two who were closest to Jungsoo, Siwon and Sungmin, nudged his sides making him laugh and wince. "Yes, Jungsoo! What's the good news?"

"You should just spill it out now." Kyuhyun added.

"Don't keep us waiting." Ryeowook added, "We want to see the happy couple."

"Happy couple?" Juah asked as she took another bite. "What are you guys talking about? We are already happy enough."

"I bet you would even be happier." Siwon said.

"Guys, stop!" Jungsoo told the boys, "I'll say it after we eat!"

Hearing Jungsoo's answer, the boys looked at each other and smirked. "Okay!" 

"Hey! That's my food!" Juah yelled as the five boys started eating the food she was eating. She was about to tell them to eat their own food but their plates were already emptied. 

After the boys stole Juah's food, they quickly took the dishes and put them in the sink, dragging the couple into the living room afterwards. "Now say it!"

"Geez! What's your problem guys? I was eating. I'm still hungry you know." Juah complained. The boys just ignored about Juah's hunger and pestered Jungsoo to say what he wanted to say. 

"Fine! I'll do it!" Jungsoo gave up with his younger member's request and headed into his room. When he came back out, he was holding a small red box in his hands.

"Finally!" The boys giggled. They huddled together in a corner in the room and stared at the two love birds.

"I know this may be cliche, and I wanted this to more romantic but..." Jungsoo knelt down on one knee and opened the box, revealing a ring. "Juah, will you marry me? I know it is early and I still have this job as an idol, but I want to live the rest of my life with you."

Juah covered in shock. She didn't know what to say. If he had proposed any time earlier, she was sure to accept but the memories of her dream came back to her. She wanted to say yes, but she couldn't. She wanted to live the rest of her life with Jungsoo, have children and create a family, but she knew it wasn't possible. "I..."

"You...?" The five boys watching echoed her words.

"I... I love you, Jungsoo..." Juah said, then the boys cheered, assuming that she would say yes but, "But I'm sorry. I can't!"

"What?!" The five boys shouted in shock, however Jungsoo was frozen on the spot. Juah ran into Jungsoo and her brother's room and grabbed her bags that had her keys and phone.

She was running towards the door when Siwon grabbed her shoulder. "Juah what are you saying! There is something wrong with you!"

"I'm sorry." Juah said as she was crying. She faced Siwon and her his worried face, with hint of confusion and anger. Over his body she saw Jungsoo's slumped body. "I'm sorry..." She said again before she freed herself from Siwon's grasp and ran out of the dorm. 

She ran. She ran down the stairs, out of the apartment, and to the nearest bus stop. She headed towards the cafe near her apartment. A place where she always went she felt down. 

She walked into the cafe, headed straight to the table she always sat at. She quickly brought out her phone and dialed a number. The phone rang four times before the other end picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Heechul answered, "Juah?"

"Heechul..." Juah muffled out. She wasn't able to say much because she was crying.

"Juah!" Heechull called out, hearing his sister cry, "What wrong? Why are you crying? Where are you? Are you at the cafe near your apartment?"

"Yes..." Juah made out between her cries.

Without getting another word from Heechul, she ended the call. In less then fifteen minutes, the door to the cafe bashed opened and Heechul ran to his sister. "Juah, what's wrong?"

Juah just hugged him and cried, not giving him an answer. Heechul sighed and hugged her back, patting her head to calm her down. He was patient and when finally Juah stopped crying, he ordered a cup of peppermint hot chocolate for her to drink. "Tell me. What's wrong?"

"Jungsoo..." Juah said, "He proposed to me. He said he wanted to get married."

Heechul sighed in relief and smiled. "You got me worried! This is good news isn't it? What did you say to him?"

"I..." Juah croacked, "I said no. I can't marry him..."

"What?!" Heechul said surprised, "When I allowed you two to date, I didn't just say yes for nothing! I said yes because I wanted you two to end well together! Why did you say no?"

"How can I say yes when I know I'm going to die?" Juah said, "How can I say yes, when I don't want him to have a wife that is dead! I want him to be happy! I want him to have a family! Be good father!"

Heechul rolled his eyes, "Are you actually thinking that the dreams you were having are true? What nonsense are you believing? It's just a bad dream, Juah! Nothing is going to happen to you!"

"How are you so sure of it!" Juah yelled back as well, causing the other custumers to look at them, "It's just not the dream, I feel it too! I feel something is going to happen!"

"You are over thinking this Juah." Heechul shouted, "Don't you think you are being selfish and not think about what Jungsoo is feeling right now? Think before you say or do something!"

Tears started to flow from her eyes again, "You are exactly like mom and dad. You never think about how I feel and do whatever you want. I thought you were different from them. I called you cause I needed your comfort but I guess I thought wrong. I'm moving into my apartment. I don't care what you or our parents have to say."

Juah, turned around and grabbed her back. She headed towards the door when Heechul stopped her, "Juah, I'm sorry for what I just said."

Juah slapped her brother's cheeks, "I think it's you who need to think before you say something, because once you say it, you can't take it back."

She left her brother dazed in the cafe and left. She headed towards her apartment but when she arrived, she saw her best friend waiting for her. "Siwon..."

"Juah..." Siwon said causiously. "Why... Are you okay?"

Juah shook her head and leaned on Siwon to cry again. "I can't to this... I just want this to be over..."

Siwon embraced her and took her inside her home using her keys. He sat down on the couch with her and comforted her until she stopped crying and was able to talk to him properly. 

"How is Jungsoo doing?" Juah asks.

"He's..." Siwon said slowly, trying to think of what to say, "He is in denial right now. He thinks he proposed to you too early. He was trying to call you but you have your phone turned off. He wants to see you..."

Juah shook her head, "I can't face him right now. I would end up crying and actually say yes to his proposal..."

"Say yes?" Siwon questioned, really confused. "Then why did you decline him in the first place when you know you want to say yes?"

"Remember yesterday when I talked to you about dreams?" Juah asks. Siwon nodded remembering the talk he had. "You say it's just a coincidence... But I don't think so. I've been having the dream with the Grim Reaper showing up every single night for the past week and a half. I feel that something is going to happen soon. I don't know what but I have a bad feeling. I just know it. I'm gonig to die, Siwon."

"Don't say that." Siwon says, dening what Juah just said, "It's a dream. Dreams are just memories in your head replaying. How are you sure you know you are going to die?"

Juah shook her head. "I don't know... I just know so. Just... A feeling."

"A feeling could be wrong." Siwon reasoned, "You are only twenty-one now. You are so young. Why would you die so early?"

"Please believe in me, Siwon!" Juah begged, "I don't want Jungsoo to get married and loose his wife. I want to have a family and be a good husband and father and live long. With me as his wife, I know that isn't possible. Please, my brother already said that I wasn't in the right mind. I need someone to help me get through this..."

"I'll be here for you, Juah..." Siwon said. "I just need to a little time to take this all in. I can't accept the fact that you are going to die. I won't..."