Chapter Three

49 Days

Chapter Three

Juah wasn't in the dark room tonight. Instead she was at a concert, Super Junior's to be exact. The loud music boomed in her years as the dark stage was surrounded by a sea of sapphire blue glow sticks. Strangely, she was floating in the air, quite far from the stage, behind most of the fans.

The sound of the cheering was covered by the sound of the music and the up beat bass and drum filled her ears along with the guitar that was playing. "Cause I can't stop!" The music started and Juah new exactly what song it was. She listen to her favorite band play as she watch closely of their dancing. She was into the same mood with the fans, happy.

The song ended and the lights went out again and the blue glow filled the darkness. Suddenly, the fans cheering disappeared and the blue glow sticks changed the shade of purple she saw every night. The feeling of uneasiness came over her as the purple glow all turned to flames. They are swiftly collided against each other forming a large fire in front of her and then vanishing to reveal the same cloaked man.

"You-" the male said out loud before he noticed the pocket watch around her neck. He smiled, "I see you have acquired something valuable and helpful is see." He said eyeing the watch.

Juah noticed his glare and wrapped her hand over her watch protectively.  "What are you talking about? What do you want?" She spits out. 

"You'll find out soon, I guess." He said shaking his head."You have 47 days left, Juah. I see that you are wasting your time to teach useless dancing that people don't need." Juah's ears perked hearing his words and anger got over her.

She quickly reached forward and was able to grab the collar of the cloak. "Don't you dare insult my students and the beauty of dancing you little son of a !" The male was able to easily pry of Juah's hands.

"Feisty. I like it." He quickly gives Juah a small kiss on the lips before he backs up quickly, knowing that he would receive a punch from her. "Too bad that you will be dead in 47 days. I like you."

Juah froze on the spot, "47 days to live? What in hell are you talking about?"

"Did I not tell you?" The male questions, "You have 47 days to live before you die. I don't know how but you will. And be careful what you say. You don't want to be in hell. It's not that pleasing." He said as smirked before disappearing into thin air, leaving back his purple flame.

Juah woke up groggy in the morning. "Damn it!" She felt her lips with her fingers. "I feel so violated even if it is just a stupid dream." She mumbled, "I wonder if it is actually true..." She let mind ponder in thought when her eyes landed on her clock. ", I'll be late for my date!" She curses as she finds that it is already 10:50 in the morning.

She hurriedly went into the bathroom to squeeze out some toothpaste on her toothbrush, brushing her teeth while she heads out the bathroom. She heads to her drawers opening up one of it, searching for something she could wear for her date. After finding her black leggings and her white turtleneck sweater dress, she threw both of them on her bed and headed back into her bathroom.

When she came out, her face was clean and her lightly curled. She changed out of her pajamas quickly, putting on the outfit she threw earlier. She rushed to her door with her keys and cell phone in hand, slipping into her knee high boots. When she leaves her small apartment, she noted that it was already 11:20. "Maybe I won't be late!"

Jinx. Juah was close to the dorm when an accident has happened right before her eyes. She was carefully driving when she witnessed a car crash right in front of her. She immediately stepped out of the car and called an ambulance. She saw the car owner of the car who was at fault when it crash into the other come walk out. The driver had hit his head but there were no sign of serious injury other than a light headache. 

On the other hand, the victim came out of his car all bloodied up. As soon as he stepped out of his car, he fell to the ground from the aching pain he had in his head. She quickly ran to aid him before he would fall to the ground. He was only her age in her eyes. he had brown hair that was now covered blood. 

The ambulance soon came as the paramedics stopped right near Juah and the injured male. She was only planning to stay until the paramedics came but after they took the injured male into the vehicle, they also dragged her in as well. She was one of the rare witness of the crash and the male needed a guardian just incase something happened. 

"Miss." One of the paramedics handed her a phone, "It's the patience's phone. Please call a family member or a friend on the contact list for us"

Juah just looked dumbfounded at the idea. Who makes someone who is a total stranger call some through the other's phone? She thought, Then again, doctors do that all the time... But they are doctors... Oh geez that is not the point!

She press the power button to reveal the lock screen. She mentally cursed to herself as she didn't know what to do. She randomly pressed numbers 3613. Wrong. 5436. Wrong. She sighed as she tried one more number. If anyone had this number, they were just utter idiots. "1234" She quietly muttered to herself. When she pressed the OK button, the phone magically unlocked itself. "Stupid."

She went through the contact list quickly and found one contact that was labeled Hyung. She quickly called the number and it didn't take long until the other line picked up, "Hello?"

"Uhm... Are you the older brother of this phone?" Juah cautiously asked as she heard the male's voice on the other side. When the male replied a yes she explained what has happened. "Your brother was involved in an accident. He hurt his head from what I see and is heading towards the Seoul National University Hospital. Please come as quick as you can."

The male was startled from the sudden news he thanked Juah and told her that he would be there as soon as possible. When she arrived at the hopital she waited for the patient's brother in the waiting room. She brought out her phone from her purse which was hung over her shoulder's and dialed her boyfriend's number. 

In two rings, Jungsoo picked up the phone, "Juah? Where are you? I'm waiting for you at the theaters. You know you are already thirty minutes late."

"I'm sorry Jungsoo!" Juah quickly replied. "There was an accident and—"

As soon as Jungsoo heard the word 'accident' he turned into panic mode and cut Juah off before she could finish her sentece. "Accident? Are you hurt?"

"No, but—" Juah got cut off again.

"Who was at fault? It wasn't yours right? I know that you are a good driver. That doesn't matter right now. Where are you?" He asks frantically.

"Seoul National Hospital, but Jung—" Juah tried to tell Jungsoo she was fine but as soon as he heard where she was, he cut their connection off. Juah sighed as she put her phone back in her bag, knowing it was, now, usless to try to call him again. 

Around five minutes passed and by then, the older brother of the patient came rushing into the Emergency Room. The older male went to the front desk and asked the nurse about his brother. The nurse told him about his state when he was admitted and pointed towards Juah. He thanked the nursed and headed over to Juah who was still sitting down in her seat. "You must be the one who helped my brother, thank you."

Juah immediately stood up, "No, it's something that people should always do, especially in situations like this."

"I don't know how I am going to repay you for this debt. He is the only family member I have left, and he really needs me." The male thanked. He brought a crumbled piece of paper in his pocket, which seemed to be a advertisement paper, and a pen. He quickly wrote down his phone number on the paper and gave it to Juah. "Please, if you ever need something, call me and I'll help you. It is the only way I could repay you for my brother's life."

Juah took the paper from him. "Thank you, but I don't think there would be any other reason I would need to call you. My name is Juah, by the way, and I hope your brother will be fine."

"Thank you. My name is Youngjoo. Lee Youngjoo." Youngjoo introduced. For a moment there was an awkward silence, but it was soon broken by an outburst from a certian someone.

"Kim Juah!" Jungsoo practically screamed, "Where are you?" He was looking for Juah, turning his head side to side looking for her.

Juah put her right hand on her forehead while her left hand was on her waist. "I'm sorry Youngjoo-sshi, but I have to go. I hope your brother will fully recover." Juah quickly bid good bye and quickly ran over towards Jungsoo, giving him a light slap his head. "Park Jungsoo! Calm yourself, I'm totally unaharmed and okay!"

"Oh god, Juah!" Jungsoo gave Juah a tight hug, lifting her up from the floor, "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

Juah smiled, thinking how much her boyfriend cares about her so much. "I'm okay. I was a witness of the accident and I just had to come until the guardian of the patient came. I'm fine. Okay?" Jungsoo nodded as he let Juah down to the ground. "Now, let's go for our date? Even if we missed out movie reservation, I'm pretty sure that we could make other plans."

The couple headed to the police station as soon as they left the hospital so they could pick up Juah's car. Then they headed over to Juah's home, leaving her car and going to the cloest mart using Jungsoo's. The two decided to have a home cooked meal and watch a movie at home on their date today instead of staying out.

They were in the instant noodle aisle, pulling the cart together side by side, "Jungsoo, your not seriously thinking of having ramyun for dinner are you? There is a reason why we came here in the first place."

"Of course I am!What else do you think I want?" He replied as he picked up his favourite brand of noodles. Juah just stares at him as if he had lost his mind. "I'm kidding, these are for the boys later, but I do want your kimchi fried rice with cheese."

Juah smiles and nods as they stroll out of the instant noodle aisle, heading to the cashier as they finish finding all the ingredients they needed. "Oh! You're Super Junior's Leeteuk, right?" Jungsoo gives her a slight nod and the female cashier claps her hand together. "It's great to meet you! I'm a great fan of yours! You must be his girlfriend, Juah, right? You are so lucky to be dating him! I hope your love for each other lasts forever!"

"Thank you!" the couple thanks in sync, as they pay for the food they have bought in the mart. Jungsoo grabs all the plastic bags with the food, which was only two and the two head for his car. The drive to Juah's house was silent, as it was a only quick five minute drive. When they reached home, Jungsoo dropped the bags in the kitchen table as Juah quickly start to prepare the ingredients for the fried rice. 

"What do you want to watch, Juah?" Jungsoo asks as he sits himself down infront of Juah's collection of movies.

"Anything you want." Juah calls out from the kitchen. The pan was finally heated, so she dropped in the chopped up bacon, onion, and kimchi. "That doesn't mean you could choose horror." She added in afterwards. Jungsoo let out a light laugh and brought out the DVD case of their favourite movie, Lion King, from the shelf. He entered the kitchen after he put the CD in the old worn out machine and brought out blankets on the couch, making it all ready for the movie after dinner. 

Juah places two bowls of kimchi fried rice on the table, "Now eat up, so we could watch a movie." Jungsoo didn't disagree with Juah and dug right in, into the homemade food, as he finished it in less then thirty minutes. "Did you miss my cooking, my little leader?" Juah cooed, purposely teasing him.

Jungsoo smiled as he replied, "I did my little instructor~" He lifted his bowl and stretched out in front of him, gesturing that he wanted seconds, "More?" Juah giggled as she grabbed the bowl and went to the frying pan, where she made extra portion just in case. She handed the bowl back to Jungsoo and continued eating her portion of the fried rice.

The two sat down at the couh after their meal, cuddling each other wrapped around in one big blanket. When they were warm and cozy, Jungsoo pressed the play button on the remote to start the movie. However, half way thought the movie, Juah already fell asleep into deep slumber. Jungsoo noticed a little while after and let out a soft chuckle. He kissed her on the forehead and turned off the movie, picking her up, bridal style, and took her to her room. He then went to the kitchen to wash the dishes that they left earlier and left a little memo, before he left the house. schedule

'I'm sorry I left before you woke up, but I have a schedule tomorrow morning. Hope you had a sweet dream. - XOXO Your Little Leader'