Chapter Five

49 Days

Chapter Five

"You should wake up now." Daehyun says, "You are wasting your days you have with your close ones."

"Four less days is not going to make much difference..." Juah sulked on the ground hugging her knees while Daehyun was sitting crossed legged in front of her. "It will only bring more pain to others. Like seriously, what to I do. Hey guys, I'm going to die in a month so lets hang out together till my death!"

"You don't need to be so harsh about it!" Daehyun mumbles out, not knowing what else to say. The room was quite, as nither Juah or Daehyun was talking. As Daehyun couldn't bare with the silent any longer, he was the one to break the silence, "That was for your brother, not you..."

Juah scoffed, "So what? I just stand there and watch my brother get hit by the damn light?"

"But you got hurt!" Daehyun snaps back.

Frusterated, Juah stands up and stares down at him, "Yes, I got hurt! \My shoulders are busted now! What am I suppose to do now?"

"Your shoulder wouldn't be busted if you didn't take your brother's place!" Daehyun stood up and yelled back at Juah as their conversation was heating up. "It was your choice to take his place."

Then there was the sound of skin hitting skin. Juah has slapped Daehyun's face. "Are you happy now that you proved that you are the 'All Mighty Grim Reaper'? This is your enjoyment right? Making people's life miserable before they die?"

"I've told you not to provoke me and you certianly have done it before and you are doing it again!" Daehyun hisses out, "You better be scared of me or else I could do far more damage to your brother, or even worse your boyfriend of yours!"

"You don't scare me!" Juah said quietly. She was crying. Daehyun actually did scare her, not in a sense that he was the one to take her life away, but in a way because she was afraid that he would harm the people she loved. "Just... Don't hurt them... Please"

Hearing the soft whimper coming from Juah, Daehyun felt a sudden rush of guilt flowing inside of him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to get this out of hand. I'm usually more reasonable... I'll be going for now..."

Jungsoo was sleeping on the chair near the end of Juah's bed, where he used his arms as a pillow. When he felt a little movement from Juah, he immediately woke up and dashed right next to Juah. When she woke up, the first thing she felt was the pain on her left shoulder. She grunted in pain as she stirred up from her sleep. "Juah! Thank god, you are awake. Wait here." Jungsoo quickly said before he rushed out of the room. Heechul dashed in as soon as Jungsoo was out of the room. 

"Juah!" Heechul called out, cupping his sister's face, "Don't you ever pull that kind of stunt again! You gave me a heart attack! I thought I was going to lose you..."

Juah lightly coughed, "What kind group would Super Junior when its missing its beloved princess?" Juah joked. However Heechul didn't find it funny. When Heechul didn't laugh along, Juah let out a sigh, "I'm sorry... I didn't want you hurt."

Heechul sighed as if a heavy load on his shoulders has disappeared. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel—" Juah suddenly coughed. Heechul quickly grabbed the water bottle that was on the table and gave it to Juah, quickly gulping down have the water. "Thanks. I feel fine." She replies, but her face says otherwise.

"I know you better than anyone, Juah." Heechul says sternly, definately worried about his sister. "Your face says otherwise. Tell me, what's wrong? You could tell me."

Juah was quiet for few seconds before she opened , "I... I think I'm going to die soon..." 

As if it was a joke Heechul let out a dry chuckle, "You die? Don't joke with me Juah. You are perfectly fine. What makes you think that?"

"I've been having weird dreams lately... and I just have this bad feeling." Juah whispers out.

Heechul ruffled her hair, "Don't Juah. You won't be dying. You'll be fine. It's just a dream and a bad feeling."

"Right... Just a dream" Juah said, letting out a soft laugh. 'What did you expect, Juah... Of course this is how people would react...'

The doctor soon came in Juah's room, with Jungsoo right behind him. "Ms. Kim. Your awake. You been asleep for a few days now and it's probably because of sudden shock and fatigueness. Your left shoulder is fractured and it will take time to heal. However the bad news is that you will have a hard lifting your arms past your shoulders even after it is fully healed."

The last bit of news a total shock to Juah. "What do you mean I can't lift my arms properly? Are you saying... Are you saying that I can't dan... dance anymore?"

The room was quite for few minutes before the doctor let out a small sigh, "I'm afraid not Ms. Kim. Your shoulders were badly injured. Dancing would worsen your insuring. I'm afraid to tell you that dancing wouldn't be an option in your life now."

Heechul quickly held Juah's right hand and patted it while Jungsoo patted her head, wiping the tears that were rolling down her face. "It's okay, Juah. It's okay." Heechul said softly, wanting to sooth her emotions.

"I'll be signing your discharge paper, but I'll leave you guys in peace for now." The doctor said before he exited the room witch was filled with Juah's soft cries. 

When Juah walkes up again, she realise that she fell asleep when she was crying. She looks around her but realise that she was alone. Juah lifts her upper body off the bed and swing her legs over the bed. Her feet light touches the floor and soon she hops off the bed. Not wanting to lay down again, she walks out of the room. She notices that it is around six in the afternoon. Knowing that her brother and boyfriend would be busy, she roams around the hospital. 

Juah was mainly walking around without thinking and when she looked up, she was in the nursery room. The hallway was filled with some of the babies cries, but it didn't bother Juah at all. She stares at the newborn babies awe she finds them so adorable. She wanted to walk in and hold one of the babies in her arms, but frowned knowing that it wasn't possible. Instead, Juah ended up staring at the babies for the next thirty minutes.

She started heading back towards her room but then realised that she didn't know where her room was. "This isn't good," Juah mumbled to herself. She was mindlessly walking down a hallway when bumped into someone. It seemed like the bad luck was on Juah's side as the hot cup of coffee that the other was holding spilt on her. "Ow!"

"I'm so sorry!" The person who bumped into Juah apologies, not knowing what else to do.

"It's okay, I'm fine." Juah said she tried to cool down her arm. When they looked up to face each other, Juah was surprised to see Lee Youngjoo, older brother of the patient she helped the other day. "Oh! It's you! Uhm... How's your brother?"

Youngjoo led Juah to the hospital's cafe and bought her a cup of coffee. "Too your question earlier, my brother is recovering. We woke up two days ago."

"That is good to hear." Juah said and took a sip of the coffee.

There was a small silence before Youngjoo asked a question, "May I ask what happened?"

"It was just a small accident." Juah replied, "One of the faulty stage light fell down and crashed down on me."

Youngjoo nodded hearing the situation and the silence flowed between them again. This time, Juah was the one to break the silence. "So, Youngjoo... I don't know much about you. Why don't we introduce ourselves properly?"

"Ah! Yes." Youngjoo said, "My name is Youngjoo, twenty-three years old. I work as a choreographer for musicals."

"My name is Juah. Twenty-one. I dance like you too, however I work as a instructor for SM Entertainment. However for the time being, I'm off duty." Juah said as she pointed towards her left arm with her right hand. "Well that's one thing we have in common. I hope we could be good friends."

"I hope so too, Juah." Youngjoo said. Then his phone vibrated. He recieved a text from his brother, wondering where he is. "This was a really short meeting but I have to go. My brother is looking for me."

"It was nice meeting you, Youngjoo. Your should hurry, your brother must be waiting for you." The two bid good-bye and Youngjoo left the cafe before Juah did. She took her time walking around the hospital, finding her room but in the end, she had to ask a nurse for her room number. 

When Juah reached her room floor, she saw a familiar figure at the kiosk of the floor, talking to the nurse who was there. "Where is my sister?" His voice sounded a little mad, but worried. "She was here sleeping four hours ago when I left here!"

Juah rolled her eyes at her over protective brother and headed towards him. She tapped his shoulders and Heechul turned around annoyed, "What?!" When Heechul noticed it was his sister, his annoyed face changed into a relived one, "God, Juah! Don't leave your room like that! I thought you went to the roof or something to suicide or something."

"I was at the nursery and had a cup of coffee." Juah laughed at her brother's statement, "You know I wouldn't do such thing, so don't worry."

The two walked into Juah's room and plopped on the bed together.  They sat crossed legged facing each other. "I talked with the doctor and you could discharge tomorrow. And I brought you food!" 

Heechul brought the plastic bag and gave it to Juah. He had bought fried chicken for her to eat. Half fried, half season. The way Juah likes it the most. "Thank you brother."

"And..." Heechul was a little hesitant on what he was about to say, "Our mom and dad wants you to move into their house again."

Juah drops down the piece of chicken she was about to eat and her face turned serious, "You know how I feel about our parents. I don't want to live with them."

"Juah..." Heechul reasoned, "They haven't seen you since you were nineteen when you moved out of the house. They miss you. They worry for you a lot, especially now that you are here in the hospital."

"Worried now that I'm in the hospital?" Juah scoffed.

Heechul sighed, "I didn't mean it that way Juah. You know it. I know you don't want to see them but won't you try to reason with them?" Juah shakes her head. "Alright. However, you are going to stay with me for now. Until you heal enough that you could take care of yourself, okay?"

"Thank you." Juah said, "I'll go meet them soon. Just not now... I'm not ready."

"Alright." Heechul took a piece of chicken from the box, "Now eat. Visiting hours are closing soon."