Not a Pierrot

Wasurenaide (Don't Forget)

The spotlight , the duo stood onstage, and a deafening roar set off in the crowd, shaking the stadium like never before.

But Changmin and Yunho could not hear anything, only the dull thumping of their hearts.

It was cruel, too cruel. Their heads understood, their bodies obeyed, but their insides screamed in helpless agony, like prisoners facing the sounds of a torture chamber.

The company wasn't stupid; they knew exactly the effects it would have on Changmin and Yunho. All the more reason to do make them do it. This was SM's way of reasserting its power, but more importantly, of breaking and crushing and taming the boys.

Yunho felt suffocated as he looked into Changmin's orbs, stormy and b with tears.

I can't do it, hyung, they whispered. I can't.

The older boy swallowed. A wound in his chest throbbed for attention, a wound that had been planted there two years ago. Nostalgic memories - of voices melting into one song, of sweat mingling into one hug, of hands clasping into one bow...They bled through the wound with each excruciating pulse.

Yunho had pretended it didn't exist, pretended it didn't hurt, but the more he had ignored it, the heavier it had gotten. And today, it was impossible to ignore.

Yet there he stood before him, the dongseng who had remained by his side through the darkest periods of denial and depression. Changmin needed him right now, and there was simply no room for his own conflict.

It's okay, Yunho reassured, his eyes unwavering. I'm here, Changmin. I've got you.

The younger male nodded, just as the first beats boomed from the speakers. It was the very introduction that had once shown the world that yes, they were Dong Bang Shin Ki, and yes, they've had it all.

Now, it terrified them. 

The duo breathed together, welcoming the dreaded trap that awaited them.

"Waiting for rising sun!"