Stand By You

Wasurenaide (Don't Forget)

The five boys, dressed in blinding white, walked out onto the stage and faced the vast audience. From left to right stood Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong, Changmin, and Yunho, all tall and handsome and talented.

It was the same way TVXQ had stood for the past 6 years, yet…

The familiar piano intro had started, and Jaejoong put the microphone against his lips. “Since the day you left without a word of goodbye, the scenery around me seems to have changed.”

Yoochun continued, “If I was given one more chance, I would tell you once again I love you. But the words that contain my overflowing feelings cannot reach you anymore.”

Chorus: “Where are you right now? Who are you with? What kind of clothes are you wearing? What are you doing and laughing at?

“I’m right here. Even now, I’m right here. Still believing that we will see each other again. You’re the only one I’m thinking of.”

Junsu felt his heart strangling his throat. He had barely managed to shut out the reality of the lyrics as he sang his lines. Why couldn’t he stop the memories from flooding in?

For some odd reason, the most vivid fragments of the past that flashed through his mind at the moment were the ones that seemed so trivial.

His ridiculous conversations with sleep talking Changmin. The way he and Yunho teasingly accused each other for being conceited. How the rest of the band left him out whenever they said “Hwaiting!”

What would his life be without them?

Junsu swallowed his pain and turned to harmonize with s. He thought he knew them so well…But now, when he searched their dark brown pupils for a hint of hope, he realized he was doing so in vain.

“Goodbye.” And the song faded away.