The Confession

Wasurenaide (Don't Forget)

"Hyung, how does soju sound tonight?"

Jaejoong smiled at his soulmate in surprise; Yoochun had been too busy for him lately, with Sungkyunkwan Scandal in production.

"Sounds great,” the older boy replied. "I'll ask a coordinator noona to buy a couple of bottles at the convenience store.

Jaejoong and Yoochun were both pretty strong drinkers, so they sat on the living room floor sipping shots for a solid 4 hours. But after their 5th bottle, Yoochun, who had a lower tolerance for alcohol than his hyung did (Jaejoong’s rivaled a whale), finally surrendered to his drinking habit - bipolarity.

"Hyung~,” Yoochun giggled, hugging Jaejoong affectionately. "Hyung I'm so happy, do you know that?"

Jaejoong scoffed, but a smile colored his lips at his dongseng’s cute silliness.

"No more composing songs that we’ll never sing," the younger boy hummed gleefully, "No more standing on stages we don’t like just to earn money. No more holding back on projects we’ve wanted to do..."

"Yeah,” Jaejoong agreed, pouring another glass for himself.

"No more sleeping through pains and waking up to exhaustion," Yoochun rambled on. "No more threatening calls from the office. No more daily fights about who's right or wrong..."

Jaejoong looked sadly at dongseng, who now lay stretched on the carpet.

"Yoochun-ah," Jaejoong said soothingly, "let's go to bed now, eung?"

"No more," he continued, ignoring his buddy’s request. His voice was wavering, but he forced out a dry laugh. "No more Changminnie and his sarcastic comments, or his hogging our food. No more Yunho hyung and his long- showers, or his throwing dirty clothes all over the floor..."

Silent tears were streaming Yoochun’s face. He quickly rested his forearm on his eyes to cover them. Jaejoong bit his lips in an effort to keep his own eyes dry.

"Hyung, Junsu and I tried contacting them,” Yoochun confessed. "Sorry for not telling you earlier."

"Shekki, why are you sorry?" Jaejoong said, praying to God that his voice had sounded cheery.

"It's just," Yoochun choked, his chest heaving, "we miss them so bad. I'm afraid, hyung...What if they don't miss us?"

Jaejoong’s heart wrenched with pain. He rapidly wiped away a disobedient tear that escaped from one of his eyes. The only comfort Jaejoong could give to his soulmate was to be there by his side, squeezing his shoulder until the younger male finally fell asleep.

"So you guys tried it, too, huh?” Jaejoong muttered, his fingers playing with the soju cup. "You guys tried it, too..."