For Reasons That I Cannot Explain

Wasurenaide (Don't Forget)

"Junsu yah..."

"I know, hyung," Junsu said, frustrated. "I know. It was a mistake!"

Jaejoong merely sighed and turned away.

He couldn't scold Junsu. He just couldn't. And when Yoochun looked into his hyung's sad, beautiful eyes, he knew this.

Jaejoong was blaming himself again.

It made Yoochun's blood boil whenever his soulmate resorted to self-hatred. Why was Jaejoong holding it in? Punch, scream, cry, something! Even Yoochun knew that Junsu had acted childishly this time, so why?!

"Junsu, shut up!" Yoochun snapped. "If you would only think before you act!"

"What do you care, anyway?" Junsu shouted. "All you think about is your drama this, drama that!"

Yoochun grabbed Junsu's collar, and Junsu angrily shoved him away. They eyed each other dangerously, ready for a brawl.

"Stop it," Jaejoong threatened, his voice icy. "The next time you guys lay a finger on your own band member, I'm moving out."

Yoochun and Junsu rolled their eyes, but turned away. Jaejoong silently retired to his bedroom, and shut the door behind him.

Yoochun the TV and flipped through the channels, occasionally slamming the remote on the couch. Junsu let the water run in the restroom and buried his face in the faucet. Neither of them were sorry for what they said. They had meant every word.

But what worried them the most right now was their hyung. And if telepathy exists, it is that wordless connection between minds that brought both of them into Jaejoong's chamber.

"Hyung..." Yoochun gently nudged the blanket-covered lump on the bed.

"Go away," the lump said in a muffled voice.

"Hyung, meehan hae," Junsu said, leaning closer to the lump.

The lump remained silent, and merely rolled itself into a ball.

"Hyung, listen to us," Yoochun pleaded. He impatiently ripped the blanket off Jaejoong.

"H-hyung..."

Jaejoong was crying.

"You guys don't get it," he whispered. "The three of us, we're all we have. If we fall apart now, we have no one else to turn to..."

Yoochun finally understood. Why Jaejoong couldn't scold Junsu; why he couldn't punch, scream, and yell. Even backstage after the heartbreaking MAMA Awards.

He was afraid. He was afraid of losing his dongsengs the way he had lost Changmin and Yunho. He would rather hold in the pain and leave his wound to rot than watch Yoochun and Junsu walk away from him. 

"You babo," Yoochun muttered, holding back a tear. "How can we ever walk away from you?"