Chapter 2...

Is This It.....?

HARU'S POV::

 

Two weeks following that encounter, my life was turned upside down. I’d usually get my period every month on the last week of the month and considering the fact that two weeks prior to this was my birthday, it only meant one thing. There was only one possible explanation and I really just wished it wasn’t true. I ran to the closest corner store to me and bought two pregnancy tests and ran back home to test myself. The waiting made me feel like I was aging every second. After ten minutes, I finally decided to check. My hands were trembling like crazy. I peeked at the first one and that was all it took for me to fall to the ground. “Pregnant. 2-3 weeks.” I mumbled to myself. This wasn’t a joke. I covered my face with my hands and I sat in my bathroom for hours. I didn’t know what to do with myself anymore. My life was officially over. This was just the start of all my problems. My parents came home that night and they found that I was a bit out of the ordinary and realized something was wrong. My dad being the nosy dad he is, he began searching my room as if it was life and death. I became a nerve wrecking mess. I didn’t want them to know, but they had to know. I ruined myself, no wait, it was my consequence for rebelling. It was my own fault. “Haru!! You better spill it right now!!” my thoughts were running all over the place. What was I supposed to say? “Spill what, dad?” He glared me down and there was no turning back. As soon as he glares at you, you’re pretty much dead. My bathroom was the death of me. I didn’t get a chance to clean up, as I was too busy thinking about how dead I already was. My dad finally made his way towards my bathroom and I got out of my bed and ran as if my life depended on it. “You can’t go in there, dad! No way!” “Move, Haru.” “No dad, you seriously can’t go in there!” “Why not?” “Because you just can’t!” He took a step back and stared at me. “I know what happened on your birthday, Haru. Your mom and I know.” I stood in front of my bathroom door dumbfounded. “Nothing happened.” I stated calmly. “Tell that to someone who’d actually believe you, Haru.” I raised my eyebrows in confusion. What do they know? Me having with some stranger? Me getting drugged? Or perhaps.. They already know I’m pregnant!? “Omo!” I yelled loudly. “What are you hiding, Meilin?” My mom asked me in her serious tone. “You’re getting married tomorrow, Haru. We already know you’re pregnant.” My eyes widened as soon as my dad stated that. “WHAT!? NO! I’M NOT PREGNANT! NO WAY! NO!” I yelled in disbelief. “I’ll be honest, Haru… This was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life. I can’t have you going around and disgracing our name. It’s better like this.” My jaw dropped open. “WHAT!? No! Dad, mom! You guys planned this, didn’t you!?”  I yelled. They both looked away. “Oh. My. God. Wow! Wow!” I slowly slid down the bathroom door and sat down on the cold hardwood floor. My parents, and friends planned this out. For this one night stand to become something more than a one night stand? For me to get pregnant so they’d all have a reason to marry me off!? I’m only 16! Aigoo! “It’s best for you, Haru-ah. Please do understand our decision. We hope in the future, you’re as happy as we are and we know you’ll succeed in doing what you love most. We’ll always be here for you no matter what.” My dad simply stated and then they both walked out of my room leaving me by myself. I went to bed that night feeling like my whole world collapsed with no way of re-building it.