Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE) Chapter 9

Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE)

Artificial Love: Chapter 9

Kimiko’s POV

Yesterday was the longest, the most interesting night in my whole entire life. I was still in bed with my hairs still in romantic curls, my dress limply laid on the ground, shoes separated apart. I could still smell the foundation pattered onto my face, the scent of cherry blossom peach and white jasmine on my skin, my eyes felt heavy from the liner and mascara. I tried opening my eyes once but failed. I couldn’t stop thinking about the mysterious man at the dance, who was he? Did I know him? Next thing I heard was footsteps from the stairs coming to the direction to my room.

“Kimiko? Sweetie you awake?” mom called me. My eyes immediately flinched opened followed by a loud gasp from my mouth, I grabbed my dress and shoes from the ground then coming my way to the closet and threw them in and closed my closet door shut. I put my hair into my shirt to hide the curls and went back to my bed and pulled the covers on top of me, pretending to sleep. The door knob twisted and opened the door, and there my mother’s footsteps fill the room. I heard her coming closer towards the bed side, she sat on the bed and patted the side of my left hip. 

“Hey Kimiko, wake up, you’re supposed to go to work aren’t you?” she asked, I groaned and slightly moved around my bed just to make sure she thought I just had woken up.

“I’ll be up… just 5 more minutes…” I pretend to doze off. My mom smiled and patted me on the head.

“Alright, well I’m going to be off first then okay? Make sure you lock the door and all” she got off the bed and reached for the door.

“mhhmm.” I replied. As she went out and closed the door, I got off the bed and went back to my closet taking out the shoes and the dress the guys had bought for me. I smiled thinking how fun yesterday night was. But what was really bugging me was Aoi. Why did he get so uptight about me dancing with that man?

[Fast Forward]

I was on my bike delivery milk as usual, I noticed myself having a smile plastered on my lip as I came up to Hakusan neighborhood. I don’t know why, but maybe it was the fact that I was going to see Ryu and well, Hiroto of course. Once I reached towards the gate house I rang the door bell and brought out the daily milk. After two minutes there was no answer, my brows scrunched, not even Ryu came barking.

“That’s weird. I wonder if anybody’s home…”  I tried looking through the parallel holes of the gate. Just to make sure I rang the door bell again.

“Hello? May I ask who’s there?” the bell operator voice, the voice was sounded so different, definitely not Hiroto’s voice. I pressed onto the call button.

“Um, is Hiroto there? I brought him his daily milk. So…”

“Hai, be right there.” the man said. A few minutes later there were small footsteps coming close to the gate and unlocked.

“Ohi--… uh, you’re not Hiroto.” I pointed out. A young handsome man with blondish browned hair came to my sight and he only smiled at me.

“No, but I’m his close friend. I’m Shou.” He smiled and bowed, respectfully I bowed back, “Ano, may I ask, is Hiroto here?” I asked. Shou shook his head.

“No, I’m sorry, but he’ll be back soon though. He just went out somewhere with his dog” He answered. “By any chance would you like me to take a message?”

“Oh no that’s fine, I just wanted to thank him for yesterday, I guess I can do that some other time. Oh and here’s his milk.” I handed him the cold bottle and got on my bike again.     

“Oh arigato, I’ll be sure to tell him you dropped by with his milk” he thanked. “Ja-ne bye-bye.” He bowed and went back into the house. I nodded and rode back down on the road with a frown on my face. The fact that I couldn’t see Hiroto and Ryu just made me sad. I was really hoping to see them today too. When I turned to the corner, my frown turned upside down.

“Hiroto!” I called. His head slowly rose up and formed a grin on his lips, Ryu pop his head up barking once and wagged his tail uncontrollably forcing a strong pull on the leash making Hiroto almost trip. I got off my bike and came closer.

“Look it’s your girlfriend Ryu!” Hiroto said making you chuckle and come down to Ryu to his height and patted his head. “Hello Ryu my dear! How are you? Oh I missed you oh yes I did!” I smiled and flipper his ears.   

“So how have you been Kimi-chan?” Hiroto asked, I kissed Ryu on the nose and got back up, “I’m doing quite fine now that I saw you two here.” I said, “oh and I’ve already delivered your milk to your friend Shou.”

“Oh really? Thanks.” He said,

“Mhm no problem!~” I nodded, “oh and thanks for buying the chocolates the other day” I thanked him, he only remained smiling and nodded, “You’re welcome, we should go eat some together again next time.” he said. I couldn’t help but smile, “y-yeah, that be great.” silence hit, I noticed his eyes staring at me very deeply, my cheeks began to grow warm.

 “Well, I should get going then” I waved goodbye and started getting onto my bike again,

“Actually Kimi-chan…” he called, I turned my head, “yes?” I answered. He lifted up his hand and scratched the back of his neck and looked down. From afar, I could see his cheeks growing red.

“Uh, ano… would you like to hang out on Saturday at the Grand Fair with me?” he asked, my ears started ringing over and over on those last few words. Did I hear wrong? Or was he really asking me to go to the fair with him? My heart fluttered, the beats went faster and faster.

“I-I mean, it’s totally okay if you don’t want to. I unde-- ” he started.

“Hai!” I interrupted. “I’d love to go with you.” my cheeks burned with fire, my head kept nodding and my lips kept smiling. He widened his eyes just a bit, they started to squint as a huge grin appeared on his face.

“Really? That’s Great!~ I’ll come pick you up then!” he smiled, he took out his phone out from his pocket and handed it to me.

“Um, I don’t have your number, so … here” he went up to me with his phone, I took his phone accidently brushing my hands with his, the phone flipped opened and I punched in my number. Once I gave his phone back I took out mine.

“Ano, do you think I can have yours? I don’t pick up unknown numbers usually so…” I pulled out my phone to him. He kindly took the phone from my hand.

“Yeah sure! Gladly.” he nodded, he flipped the phone and dialed his numbers within 10 seconds and gave it back. “Well I’ll see you then Kimi-chan” he bowed.  “Hai, bye-bye” I replied back.

[Fast Forward]

On the way back to town I was in the happiest cheerful mood. My cheeks began to hurt, maybe because I was smiling so much, “Oh my gosh! This is the best day of my life!” I exclaimed. I rode to the other side of the streets then turned again and from there my pace got slower until I came into a complete stop. I saw whom I thought I’d never see again.

snatcher

“Snatcher?!” I yelled.

“Hm?” he looked up to me, once his eyes reached mine he immediately widen them, “Y-you?! – miss tomboy?!” he replied, my brows scrunched.  “miss what?” I asked, “Tomboy… you’re that lady that helped me” he replied.

“Yeah yeah I remember… you’re that kid that got me into this dirty mess”

“What mess?”

“You got me working for that man you stole money from. It’s a pain in the !” I said half hoarsely. He seemed to be surprised, yet, very saddened by my response, feeling guilty in fact. “Is that so?” he asked. I nodded.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think it would turn out that way… I thought…” he didn’t finished but by the looks of it, he really did feel sorry for me. I stared at his face then lingered down from where both his hands held two red snow cones.

“Who’s that for?” I asked.

“Me.” he answered.

“Both of them?!”

“No! One’s for my little sister duh!” he gave a disgusted look on his face. “Look I have to go and give it to her before it melts.” He said walking pass me. Oh yeah! I remembered. I twisted myself around.

“Do you think I could see her?” I yelled across the street. He turned back to me.

“I mean… I didn’t get to say bye to her last time. So…” I started. He sighed and made his head tilt hard to the side, signaling me to follow and continued walking.

[Fast Forward]

“Aimi!” the boy called, he led me to an abandoned subway station that was blocked off just a year ago, I looked to see him running to little sister as she came out of a cardboard box and ran towards him with opened arms with a smiled drawn on her lips.

aimi

“You okay Aimi? Sorry I took a long time” he said to her hugging her. “Here, just like you wanted strawberry snow cone.” He handed to her who received the cold cup happily. Her eyes went to me; her smile turned into a huge grin and ran towards me.

“Hello little sister!” I greeted getting down to her height and patted her head. “How are you today missy?” I asked she only stood there in silent with only a smile. “She can talk right?” I asked the boy, he nodded.

“She’s just shy towards people she doesn’t know so well. Her names Aimi” He answered kneeling down as well and hugged her from the side kissing her cheek.

“She’s cute. How old is she?” I played with her hair.

“She’s only 6.” He answered again. “She was only 4 when they were murdered. And yet she remembers them very well.” He said. My heart felt like it sank really deep, murdered? I questioned myself.

“How old are you?” I asked.

“17. You?”

“I’m 24, I’m Kimiko by the way” I answered, he nodded. He resumed back playing hand games with Aimi. I looked around the station and noticed how unsanitary it was, the place looked like it was about to cripple down soon. Then my eyes spotted a huge cardboard box that was half ripped and set as a small shelter.

“Is that what you guys live in?” I asked, “Pretty much…” he nodded. My eyes lowered, I felt so bad, living in a condition like that. Especially for Aimi, so innocent looking and so cute! She’s only six too! And this guy, he’s only 17, he should be in school! Not going around and stealing money for food! They both shouldn't deserve living like this.

“Ano, would you like to settle down at my house?” I asked. The boy turned his head immediately towards me. “I mean, seeing you guys like this, it’s just wrong and unsafe.”

“Take my sister then.” He said, “She needs that more than I do.”

“No, what I meant was you and her together.” I corrected. He shook his head, “I’d be a burden to you and your family.” He stated. I shook my head.

“Nahh, besides It’s just me and my mom, she’d love the company, especially when she see’s Aimi.” I smiled. “What about your father?” he asked, it wasn’t long until he caught my eyes being lowered with a sad expression. He cleared his throat and looked away. “I’m so sorry, I-I didn’t know.” He said biting his lips. “It’s alright.” I assured.

“C’mon I’ll explain everything to my mom” I said. He nodded his head and took his sister giving her a piggy back ride.

[Fast Forward] Horiuchi’s House Hold

“AWWW! Look at this cutie! So KAWAI!” my mother said as she examined Aimi. “This poor thing was out living in a cardboard box?! And look at this young handsome man!” she said coming towards the boy. “You’re only 17 too! Aw poor thing.” she said she took his hand and started patting it gently, “Must have been hard without your parents huh?”

He nodded in response making my mother feel worse about their living. “Do you not have any relatives at all?” she asked. His head shook slowly. “By the way dear what’s your name?”  

He had no response to her answer. My mom sighed, “It’s alright sweetie, you can tell me when you’re ready to tell us alright?” she smiled.

“Just call him Snatcher for the time being.” I told to her. My mom looked at me with a confused face. “Why Snatcher?”

“Just because.” I smiled at him; he gave the same smiled back and nodded his head. Mom laughed at his response and patted his head. “Alrighty then, Snatcher it is. That is for right now.” She laughed patting his head. “From now on you’ll be living with us okay?” she smiled and headed towards the kitchen. “Snatcher, I’ll assign you to go back to school immediately in two days.” She confirmed. Snatcher’s eyes widened, my mother laughed. “You need to graduate. That’s that! No excuses.” She informed and went to her room to sleep.

“Well, you heard her.” I said, I led him and little Aimi to their rooms,

“School huh? Haven’t been to one of those in a long time” he said. I opened the door and let them in first having them to take a look around. “Well, its time you start getting back to it I guess…” I replied. The moment Aimi saw the bed she ran and jumped on top of it, feeling the soft covers as she twirled her body to make herself comfortable.

“Feels good Aimi?” Snatcher asked, she nodded her head happily and closed her eyes wanting to sleep. He turned around to me and closed the door behind him and we both went into the living room. He stood awkwardly, “Thank you, you and your mom, for doing this for us. I promise I’ll repay both of you.” he bowed down.

“Nah, you’re fine, besides were now a family… well kinda.” I laughed.  “Family…yeah.” He looked down to his feet and sighed. “It’s been long time having one too…” he looked over to the window and his eyes slightly widened in amazement.

“Is that your motor scooter?” he asked.

“Yeah but its technically broken, for now that is. I got this guy name Shin that’s going to pay for the rep--” I started, but he walked over to the front door and opened it and went outside. I followed him out as he kneeled down to the ground and started examining it. He touched the steel plated down it its back engines.

“Hold on.” He ran back inside the house then out with his ripped backpack and opened the zip, taking out white dirty gloves and put them on, he took out a screwdriver, a monkey wrench and a few screws. To my surprise, I kneeled down next to him and examined him working. After 10 minutes had passed, he whipped away the sweat falling down from his head and smiled.

“There, its fixed now, it was just your engine generators, their panels weren’t attached to the motors. All you need to do now is to fix the dent marks on here.” he said smiling.

“Wow I didn’t you were into fixing these stuff. I’m very impressed.”

“I can fix anything. It’s my thing.” He laughed.

“Then do you think you can fix my skateboard too?”

“Why not?” he laughed, I went inside and came out with my broken skate board and handed it to him.

“Your truck is cracked and your bearing is gone. I think I have a spare”

[Fast Forward]

“Well thanks for fixing my scooter and my skateboard, I could have spend hundreds of dollar if it weren’t for you.” I thanked him.

“No problem” he smiled. I started to ruffle his hair and I said my goodnights to him as he did the same. Just as I was about to head up stairs there was something I wanted to ask. My body turned 180 degrees and called him out.

“I never got your name at the station!” I said. He turned his body around to me and stared at me with a soft smile. “I never gave it to you” he answered closing the door shut. My lips pouted and my feet stomped and marched towards his door,

“Hey! That’s not fair! I gave you my name didn’t I?!”

“First of all, I didn’t ask for your name, you just decided to say it on your own will” he replied with a laugh on the other side of the door. “But tell you what, I’ll tell you my last name to be fair, it’s Yamazaki”

“I guess that’s good enough. But why won’t you tell your name? Is it a bad name or something?”

“No... Goodnight now.” He said.

To be Continued.  

New Bios

Snatcher

Name:??? Yamazaki                                                                                                                            

Nick name:“Snatcher”                                                                                                                             

Age:17

Personality:Loves to mess around and goof off (especially around Kimiko), Nice, Kind, very outgoing, Caring, has a strong pride, Knows martial arts and kendo. He’s actually very smart, He can be very strong when he stands up for himself, or his sister and something that he believes in. He becomes reserved and distant when his little sister or anybody asks about their parents.

Race: Asian:Japanese

Family:Little sister (Aimi)    

Likes:Nature, Music, technology, fixing stuff, Skateboarding, Bennie hats! Guitar, sports

Dislikes:Mean people, Stuck up people, killers, Bad people, snobby/rude people, people who tries to hurt his little sister or anybody close to him.

History/past:At the age of 15, Snatcher's Parents died from ‘Murder’ he says (Whole story will reveal soon), and his little sister, Aimi, is the only family he has left. Since then, he had to drop out of high school to take care of himself and his little sister and managed themselves for two years by stealing money or food from people in the streets and living in an abandoned subway station. He dislikes telling or talking about his name, not because he hates it, but it haunts him. His parent’s death may be the case for his unknown name.

aimi

Name:Aimi Yamazaki          

Age:6

Personality:Lovable, playful, caring, cheerful, shy and doesn’t talk much when meeting new people, and cute!

Race: Asian:Japanese

Family: Older Brother (“Snatcher”)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Likes:dolls, animals, toys, fruits, drawing, crafting, snow cones, cookies, and anything cute.

Dislikes:mean people, scary people, scary things, the dark, and veggies

History/past:At the age of 4, Aimi believes that her parents died from ‘murder’ two years ago, or so her brother tells her; her older brother, “Snatcher” is the only family she has left. Since then, she follows her brother where ever they may roam in the city to get food and shelter. She’s often left at school or alone at the park or back at the abandon subway station and waits for her brother’s return with food and clean clothes.