Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE) Chapter 11

Artificial Love (Aoi - GazettE)

Artificial Love: Chapter 11

Kimiko’s POV

My eyes begin to dilate and my brows arched, but soon enough, they slightly begin to relax slowly, I was so shocked it took me several seconds before it registered what he was doing. I closed my eyes; his lips were so soft, so warm. The kiss was gentle, felt as if it was sincere.  He finally broke away but he was still extremely close where our noses were barely touching.

“There…” he half whispered opening his eyes momentarily staring deep into my eyes. He turned his head to his mother, she darted her eyes at him, she held her cup loosely, and it slipped out of her hands and fell onto the ground where it echoed the shattering glass everywhere to the tense atmosphere.

“I love this woman, now do you believe me?” Aoi stated, letting go of my waist exchanging it with holding my hand. “Let’s go.” He led me to the exit, just before we reached to the door, Ayumi called out my name holding my phone in her hand.

“Here, your phone” she said handing it to me. “Thanks” I thanked, Aoi had pulled my hand gently insisting to get out of the restaurant as quick as possible. When we got into his car he started speeding off on the road, it wasn’t till then he had finally stopped at the park from which we first had our walk together. He got of his car and immediately opened my door waiting for me to get out; once I was out he closed his door harshly and glared at me.

“What the hell was that?!” he yelled.

“What the hell was what?” I questioned with glare.

“Why didn’t you tell me that my mom called you?” he asked.

“I thought everything would be fine if I was with your sister but apparently your mom just burst out on me with questions!” I yelled back at him. A deep sigh came out of him, he placed his hands onto his hips and began speaking again, “You know how much trouble you and I would have been?! I could have lost my life and everything of mine! An--” he yelled.

“OH SAVE YOUR BREATH!” I yelled and pushed him hard enough for him to step back away from me, “I’m so angry” I yelled. There was a slight tilt from his head, “Why?”

“BECAUSE YOU KISSED ME!” I answered him. He shook his head. “So?” he replied bluntly. I widened my eyes, “SO?!”

“Well it was just a small kiss, nothing to be mad about. I broke one of your rules, so I’ll give you $2,000 so don--”

“YOU JERK!” I slapped him across the face hard enough to make a domino effect echoing. He held his face on the side a bit confused and stared back at me.

”You think a simple $2,000 would make me feel better?!” I cried, after a minute passed I balled my eyes out; Aoi’s eyes seem to widen, feeling guilty as ever.

 “Kimiko I ‘m … I’m sorry” he came closer, when he was just about to touch me, I ran away onto the road, and down a few more roads.  But still, I could hear him calling me from behind as he ran after me.

[Fast Forward]

“I said I was sorry, so please stop punishing your mouth like that…” he said several times already. I gargled my 3rd large bottle of mouth wash as it stung the inside of my mouth. We were near a convenient store where he had finally caught me hiding behind some large boxes of crates where I had gargled my first large bottle mouth wash.

“No, I’m going to keep on doing it until it becomes perfectly clean.” I stated pouring the liquid into the small cup and gargle it once more. He sighed exaggeratedly, he scanned the area broadly.

“It’s not like you’ve never been kissed before …” he asked. I sat there quietly spitting out my liquid from my mouth. Aoi’s mouth dropped.

“Don’t tell me it was your first kiss was it?!”he asked . I sighed and gave him the middle finger.

“You stole my first kiss you . I was saving my kiss for someone. BUT NOW I CAN’T GET IT BACK!” I yelled at him and threw another shot of mouth wash into my mouth then spit it back out.

“But I guess no matter what I do, I can’t get it back.” I threw the whole bottle away into the trash and started walking where ever my legs take me. It was quiet for a while, I heard the footsteps of Aoi, who was still following me quietly behind.

“You know, that was my first kiss too.” I heard him say from behind. My body twisted around and my arms crossed with my feet firmly rooted to the ground. I gave a look of uncertainty. “Liar.” I said, he sighed exaggeratedly “Nope, I’m being totally serious.” He confirmed. 

“Then would you care to tell me who ‘Misaki’ is” I said in a stern voice. He stood there in silence and turned his head away. “You’re breaking one of my rules. No personal stories.” He said.

“That’s not fair, you kissed me!” I put both my hands on my hips. He sighed. “Okay fine, look, she’s just someone whom I known for two years…” he started. “Crush on her?” I asked. He nodded his head. “Then why did you waste the kiss on me you idiot!” I shouted. “I had to so I could save your gut back there at the restaurant! It was all I could think of!” he shouted back.

“There could have been other solutions” I sneered. “Man you’re a … that’s probably why you can’t get a girl” I walked away and he continued to follow. “Ouch, you sting woman.” He commented with a chuckle. “I know I do” I said.

“Besides if I may ask, who you were planning on saving that kiss for?” he asked.

“Not telling” I gave him the middle finger once more. “Just curious” he shrugged.

It was already 6:00 pm the sun was setting on the horizon and Aoi had taken me to my home for the first time in his car. Once we had arrived he took a long stare at the crowed old neighborhood and the poor looking houses near mine. “So this is your home?” he question.

“Yeah” I answered, getting out of the car as he did as well. “Goodnight then” I greeted goodbye coming to the gate. “Hey…” he called; I turned my body around before reaching the gate. “hm?”

“I’m really sorry about today, you know, the kiss.” He apologized and walked over with an envelope in his hand and handed to me. “Pay check, don’t worry I did add the 2,000 even it can’t change anything…” he smiled then frowned at those last words and looked away, too ashamed to show his face.

“Thanks, and I guess its okay, you’re forgiven” I smiled reassuring his smile to come up again, “Hey…” he started.

“Hm?” I said once again. He glanced at the ground, then lifted his head and took a stare at me. “I just wanted to say you looked beautiful today… I never got the chance to say it back there.” he complimented me with the strangest smile playing across his face. My head immediately lowered when heat rose up to my cheeks.

“T-Thanks.” I said. “Well I’m heading in now.” I waved goodbye, he nodded and waved back going back inside his car and drove off.

I closed the door behind me and turned around leaning against the door. I my fingers reached my lips remembering the surprising moment.

The kiss… I thought.

“OOO what’s my Kimiko touching her lips for?!” I was surprised by Miyuki next to the stairs with her arms crossed and her lips puckered. “So you were with him weren’t you?” she grinned. “Just saw you two out the window.” She giggled.

“So, why are you touching your lips like that? DID YOU KISS BY ANY CHANCE?!” she grasped my arm walking me to the living room where I found snatcher and Aimi on the couch watching some TV.

“Welcome home Kimiko” Snatcher waved. “Kimiko!” Aimi grinned getting off of the couch and ran towards me, giving me a tight hug… or tried?

“Hello guys!” I said hugging Aimi back. I walked over to the couch next to snatcher with Aimi on my lap as Snatcher pointed at the TV screen to Miyuki.

“Hey! Its back on!” Snatcher said. Miyuki sat next to him quickly.

“YES! Now let’s see who’s going to be out!” she cheered. The Television screen portrayed two men bowing down their heads as the bell ringer ranged three times for the match to being, their fist curled up to their faces. One man started to kick his feet up high as he hits the other man’s face.

“Karate champion season eh?” I asked.

“Yep!” Miyuki nodded. Once the man on television defeated his opponent with his last strike, both Miyuki and Snatcher quickly got off of their seats and jumped up screaming “Yay” and “Hooray”.

“YES! I TOLD YOU HE WAS GOING TO GO DOWN!” Snatcher yelled.

“I KNOW RIGHT! GOD THIS IS SO GREAT!” Miyuki added, both of their hands rose up and started to high five each other several times.

“I see you two have become pretty good acquaintances by now” I laughed. Miyuki nodded. “Yep, you were right Kimiko, you were right about them.” She smiled ruffling Snatcher’s hair as he sat back down resuming watching the TV. I started to look around worried, not seeing my mother in sight.

“Oh hey, where’s mom?” I asked her.

“Oh right, your mom had to work over time, so she called me to take care of things here while she was gone. So I’m going to sleep over!~” She answered. “Oh, okay.” I replied smiling.

“But hey, you didn’t answer my question back there” she said coming on over to on the other side of the couch sitting next to me. I gave her a confused look while playing with Aimi’s hair.

“What did you asked again?”

“I asked you if he kissed you?” she asked.  “Umm… no. Why do you think that?” I lied.

“Liar, you did kiss him didn’t you?!” she whispered and pouted her lips. “You don’t have to lie to me, it’s so obvious.” She said.

“SHH!” I hushed her covering Aimi’s ears. “Hey Snatcher watch your sister I need to go up to my room.” I excused myself and gently handed her over to him. Miyuki followed me up the stairs.

“Hey what happened? Did you really?!” Miyuki asked again.

“Yeah, I did, there! You happy now?!” I finally gave her a clear answer. slightly opened. “Oh my gosh. That was your first kiss too wasn’t it?!” She stared at me.

“Yeah… BUT GOD F***ING AOI! HE STOLE IT FROM ME!” I yelled. Miyuki eyes dilated,

 “Stole? You mean the he kiss wasn’t actually—so you haven’t --- you guys don’t love each other yet then?” she asked pointing a finger at me.

“No! Why in the – Oh no no no no! NEVER!” I shook my head and reached out for both of her shoulders and violently shaking her for at least a minute. “You want to hear the whole story?! Well I’ll give it to you!”

[Fast Forward]

“That’s how he stole my first kiss.” I finished. Miyuki looked at me with pity eyes.

“AW, I’m sorry!” she hugged me, “That must really .” she frowned. “Tell you what, next time I see him, I’ll give him a hard punch for ya eh?” she smiled. I shook my head and smiled at her.

“Thanks but, I’ve forgave him already. He said he was really sorry, and it seemed he really meant it too.” I sighed. I heard her tsk at me. “You’re too nice.” she commented gently punching me on the arm.

 "Sometimes the person you really need is the one you didn't think you wanted." I heard her say.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked. Miyuki crossed her arms as she was in thought.

“Well, I’ve only seen these happen in movies but it could happen to you.” she started itching her head. “Once a guy steals a kiss from a girl who really dislikes him… her heart will change and develop feelings for him gradually yet slowly.” She said. “And once she finds out she’s totally in love with him, she’s either going to face a massive heart break, or maybe… just maybe, she’ll live happily together with her love.”

“As for the guy, I’m not too sure. He either falls in love with her, or just break her heart by acting like nothing happened.” She ended. My eyes started to lower down, beginning to worry.

“Really?” I asked, she nodded her head, “That’s why I’m telling you to be more careful.” She said.

It took me a while to transfer all the things she said to me. I shook my head and smiled. “No, it’s not going to work out anyways… besides, he’s already looking at someone.” I said. Miyuki scrunched her brows.

“What? Who?” she asked.

“Some girl name Misaki…I found out about her today while Aoi’s mom asked me these crazy questions.” I answered.

“Then why did he kissed you? shouldn’t he be saving that kiss for Misaki?” she asked. “I know, that’s what I thought, but he said that he had to… for his sake and mine… to get out of the situation at the restaurant” I replied back. Miyuki grabbed both of my hands gently.

“Kimiko, I pray for you. I don’t want you to get hurt, so please… don’t fall for him.” She pleaded softly. I nodded my head. “I won’t, besides, I already like someone else myself.” I chuckled. Her head strung up high,

“WHAT? WHO?! WHY AREN’T YOU TELLING ME THESE THINGS!” she screamed. I laughed at her whines.

“Sorry, that I kept so many things to myself.” I said. “Well it’s time to tell you then.” I smiled.

“Damn right, so start talking missy!” she chuckled.

“Well” I started, “There’s this guy, he’s really nice and all, we met in a bus, you know the one I took at central Hall… his name is Hiroto.” I stared.

[Fast Forward] Next day

It was finally Saturday morning, fairly nice weather for an Autumn Season, the winds was blowing soft breezes, the sun is bright as ever, leaves on trees started to change colors beautifully and fell gracefully, gliding where ever the wind takes them. I for one, well…

“Urgh, what should I wear?!” I complained to Miyuki who lay on my bed lazily.

“Here we go again…” she said getting off the bed and came over to the closet running her fingers through some clothes. “Your very first date with Hiroto, how exciting” she squealed.

“Well it’s not really a date… it’s just a hangout day that’s all…” I blushed.

“Riiiiight whatever…” she rolled her eyes. “Just pick something, I’m sure Hiroto will find you gorgeous whatever you wear… after all, he sounds like the type that likes ‘natural’ girls like you...” she smiled.

”Milk lady” she laughed from yesterday’s talk. I shot a glare at her, “Shut up, -sighs- I shouldn’t have told you about him” I regretted.

“AW, Don’t be mad at me! You looked so cute when I teased you!~ couldn’t help myself.” She came hugging me. Suddenly her eyes came upon some clothes in the dresser. “What’s this?” she pulled out some clothes that hid behind beneath the others.

“Oh that, that’s just some clothes Aoi bought me for the first day.” I said to her. She examined the clothes carefully, she rubbed her fingers on the shirt and skirt. “It’s good quality, I bet this is from a famous brand that must have cost a lot to buy.” She said handing the clothes to me, “Wear it.”  

“Wha—this? I can’t wear it… I want to wear something else, like you said, ‘natural’” I smiled putting back the clothing into the drawer.

“It’s a bit chilly outside too, so that wouldn’t have worked out…” she said going back to the closet searching for something decent. “Oh I got it!”

[Fast Forward]

“This?” I stared myself in the mirror, my hair lazily curled and tied into pig tails that was only tied in the middle. Underneath, I wore a black and white collared shirt and with that, I wore an old white hoodie that marked the words ‘officer candidates’ the number ‘73’ in the middle and beneath had the word ‘school’, Black shorts and some pairs of black knee socks.  

kimiko

Miyuki came up to me with a small zipped bag and took out some brushes. “Just a little makeup won’t hurt” she giggled. “It’s just going to the fair right? So you don’t need much today.” She started powdering the brush onto the container and tapped away onto my face.

[Fast Forward]

I waited at the near the bus stop from where I met Hiroto at. I glanced at my mother’s watch that I had borrowed, it was 10:30. ‘He should be coming by now.’ I thought to myself.

“Kimi-Chan!” I heard from behind, Hiroto came running with his arm waving in the air. I waved back and smiled widely. “Hiroto!” I ran towards him. Once we both got together he bent down resting both arms on his knees catching his breath.

“I’M SO SORRY! DID I KEPT YOU WAITING TOO LONG?!” he breathed out and continued to pant.

“Oh no, not at all, besides, you’re right on time.” I patted his back gently. “You didn’t have to run you know.” I laughed at him. He shook his head smiling, “HONTOUNI?! (Really?!)” he quietly yelled, he moved his jacket from his wrist looking at his watch, “Oh would you look at that, I must have looked at my clock wrong.” He laughed. “I was worried you might have left angrily at Me.” he said.

“Oh… well I wouldn’t be angry, instead, I would be worried that something might have happened to you.” I said smiling. “Either way, I’d still would have waited for you” I said.

“Really? That’s so sweet of you to say” he said smiling, His breathing soon became calm and normal, he stood up straight. “Well kimi-Chan, let’s not waste anymore time! Let’s go to the Fair!” he grinned. I nodded in agreement, “Let’s go then!” I added followed by a laugh.

To be continued.